• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
Can you show the referenced side views?
G-Man - I believe that although we both ordered the identical GMF VR3135 126660 model ftom Trusty, that yours is different from mine in several critical respects from the QC photos I approved. Attached is one of those photos. Mine shows the 116660 case and fatter OGEV RLS wording (I actually prefer the older 116660 font to that of the 126660).
The plot thickens. I’m gonna reach out to Andrew, as this is potentially quite troubling. I’ve seen, again and again, photos on his and other TD sites that are quite different from the watches he / they receive from the factories and send QC photos of. Not good in a number of ways.
To be continued….

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
G-Man - I believe that although we both ordered the identical GMF VR3135 126660 model ftom Trusty, that yours is different from mine in several critical respects from the QC photos I approved. Attached is one of those photos. Mine shows the 116660 case and fatter OGEV RLS wording (I actually prefer the older 116660 font to that of the 126660).
The plot thickens. I’m gonna reach out to Andrew, as this is potentially quite troubling. I’ve seen, again and again, photos on his and other TD sites that are quite different from the watches he / they receive from the factories and send QC photos of. Not good in a number of ways.
To be continued….

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Strange that they construct this watch with a 3135 and what appears to be a compression ring with no 'ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX' on the inside. I less it just isn't visible in your pics?
Otherwise, this looks pretty good.
A hands upgrade would be worthwhile, and with a VR3135, you can get some good hands.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
That looks good, I did look at these when he announced the release but, like yourself, I can live with most differences as it’s a rep but the K off line was the one that would drive me mad!:)(y) Lets see what they look like in the flesh will post pics when mine arrives.
Just remember there are gens where the K isnt in the correct place. As long as its in the ball park. Plus 99.9% wont know or see it from 3ft away.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Now I wonder whether the watch Andrew sent me QC photos of and which I approved is the one I’m gonna receive. Bad feeling…
Andrew is a trusted dealer for a reason. I bought many watches from him and many people here. I got my Noob v10 from him and still a great watch. No need to worry. But as always record yourself opening the watch box just in case someone at the shipping facility decides to do a switch and steal it. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: TheDan772

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
SS72 - what do you make of the disparity in two identical watches ordered from TT within a week of each other? I've asked Andrew to provide his view.

G-Man

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/24
uk
That looks a real cracker, take it that would be 116660?

The crystal makes it look really crisp (y)

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
SS72 - what do you make of the disparity in two identical watches ordered from TT within a week of each other? I've asked Andrew to provide his view.
I'll say that I think errors sometimes happen due to sheer sales volume and oversight, and leave it at that.

The QC pics you received (above) are not of a 126660, other than the dial, and the pics are also not of the GMF 126660 advertised on Trusty's website. That is one of the main reasons the QC process exists - to catch this sort of thing.

Be very thorough with QC pics to confirm that you're approving the watch you ordered and that there are no faults with it, such as a 126660 not being a 126660 or parts defects. And use the TD reviews and ratings to choose who buy from. Ask your TD questions before you place an order, such as, "What happens if the watch I receive is not what I approved in the QC process?" If the answer isn't something you're happy with, you can dig deeper or move on.

Reactions: Raddave

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
P.S.
3EPlvQ.jpg

3EPu8I.jpg

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
SD772 - do you mean the photos in the post I started by writing "Fourth time the charm...?"
If so, I'm not sure know what to do.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
SD772 - do you mean the photos in the post I started by writing "Fourth time the charm...?"
If so, I'm not sure know what to do.
Okay, everything in one post. Let me know if anything is not correct.
1. This is the GMF 126660 JC advertised by Trusty
https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=27269
K8zVgX.png

K8zgoi.png

2. Here is the watch you received in your QC pics, which is supposed to be the watch advertised above.
K83DPb.png

3. Here is the same watch from point 1 that G-Man said he ordered from Trusty Time and which he received QC pics for.
K83HNt.png

4. Both you and G-Man ordered the same watch. He has the right watch and yours is not.

If that's all correct, you can either a) accept your watch or b) work with Andrew on a replacement. If you've already given it the green light, option b may not be available. You'd need to work with Andrew on that.

Last edited:

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
Thank you, SS72. You are a font of wisdom. I feel like I've gotten totally hosed on this purchase. Three rejections and one green light of what turns out to be the wrong watch. I'm very curious to see what actually arrives.. Andrew has been very patient but the result appears to be unfortunate and incorrect.
More to come. Thanks again.

Reactions: SS72

G-Man

20/2/24
uk
That looks amazing, funnily enough I was thing of looking for a Submariner like that Gold with Blue face and bezel.:love:(y)

G-Man

20/2/24
uk
SS72 both of your watches look great, and thanks for the wisdom in this thread, I have read with interest.

Reactions: TheDan772

G-Man

20/2/24
uk
Strange that they construct this watch with a 3135 and what appears to be a compression ring with no 'ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX' on the inside. I less it just isn't visible in your pics?
Otherwise, this looks pretty good.
A hands upgrade would be worthwhile, and with a VR3135, you can get some good hands.

SS72 The compression ring does have the ROLEX ROLEX and serial number around the 6 albeit seems shallow and extremely hard to photograph, if you look at the first of the 2nd batch you can just make it out around the 9 side👍

Reactions: SS72

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
What model from the current factories that can be ordered from a TD, the version with an all black dial would be the most advisable?