• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Daytona 116520 Black Actual Watch Detailed Pictures Sharing

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
What’s the consensus (minus a gen one) of the proper aftermarket crystal for this model? The clean one sits too low and close to the bezel. Also, do aftermarket crystals have the Rolex logo etched at 6 or can this only be found in a gen crystal?

Reactions: VixLa3

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
. Also, do aftermarket crystals have the Rolex logo etched at 6 or can this only be found in a gen crystal?
You won't have any problems with a Deep Crystal for this (it's called LEC)...I'll attach a photo of one that will arrive soon:

Last edited:
Reactions: flashu

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
Beautiful. Is this crystal the same height as gen when installed?

I don't have the watches yet, I ordered them in November but they arrive soon, the TD kindly offered me to swap the crystal and only sent me some front pics.

If the Deep were thinner than the Gen it wouldn't be a problem for me...anyway I can do the measurement for you when all the stuff arrives, but I think someone here will be able to give you an answer much sooner :)

Or you can ask @xing_david who is a Deep Crystal distributor and many other beautiful parts.

For the rest I can tell you that the Deep compared to the Gen has the double AR treatment (but it can be modified by removing the AR on one side), and that it has a different edge (very reliable source, @Storm. ).

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
There you have it, natural sunny morning light

Thanks mate it’s a beautiful watch out of the box! Hope they’ll fix the subdials dimension and color. I’ve just ordered the Xing bezel

HVwHOv.jpeg

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thanks mate it’s a beautiful watch out of the box! Hope they’ll fix the subdials dimension and color. I’ve just ordered the Xing bezel

HVwHOv.jpeg
What?

The subdials in v3 are perfect size.
The color is correct for the dial they are replicating.

darker non shiny subdials are SL dials, clean replicates CL.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
What?

The subdials in v3 are perfect size.
The color is correct for the dial they are replicating.

darker non shiny subdials are SL dials, clean replicates CL.

No mate, i’m not a newbie in this hobby LOL i’ve posted a comparison some time ago with the genuine one here and the difference are pretty obvious in “chromy” color of subdials in different light conditions and in subdials size.

Of course, none take care, but these are facts. The correct subdials sizes was in the old Noob V2, but unfortunally had wrong font of the upper text (116500 instead 116520). Also the subdials color was one of the best with Noob watch.

PS: there arent’t only “darker” or “shiny” subdials variations with the gen dial, but none of “chromalight” gen dial still shine as hell in evry light or sun conditions like clean dial (or like Noob V1 and ARF V1 in the old times). Noob V2, JF 23j and BP V2 was the only 116520 rep that had a proper “dark gold” subdials reflections like genuine.

EDIT: about dimension still not haventhe correct font about the layer of chromy rings in external side, and the black internal diameter it’s a bit small in the reps

HV4kb2.jpeg

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
No mate, i’m not a newbie in this hobby LOL i’ve posted a comparison some time ago with the genuine one here and the difference are pretty obvious in “chromy” color of subdials in different light conditions and in subdials size.

Of course, none take care, but these are facts. The correct subdials sizes was in the old Noob V2, but unfortunally had wrong font of the upper text (116500 instead 116520). Also the subdials color was one of the best with Noob watch.

PS: there arent’t only “darker” or “shiny” subdials variations with the gen dial, but none of “chromalight” gen dial still shine as hell in evry light or sun conditions like clean dial (or like Noob V1 and ARF V1 in the old times). Noob V2, JF 23j and BP V2 was the only 116520 rep that had a proper “dark gold” subdials reflections like genuine.

EDIT: about dimension still not haventhe correct font about the layer of chromy rings in external side, and the black internal diameter it’s a bit small in the reps

HV4kb2.jpeg
Lol ok brazza

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21

HV4kb2.jpeg
subdial rings are still a bit chubby on this but the gen SL dials are definitely shiny.

Reactions: VixLa3

MF Räuber

Horology Curious
22/10/23
„Hallo, ich habe eine Frage dazu, welches Modell Sie für den Einbau eines Gen-Glases empfehlen würden (speziell für das Clean v3-Modell mit Stahllünette). Soll ich mich für die Version mit weißem oder schwarzem Zifferblatt entscheiden? Derzeit habe ich nur Zugriff zu einem Originalglas und ich bin unsicher, welches ich wählen soll.