• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer white face/black markers found

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Trevor has this Explorer 2. It's not on his site, I had to ask for it. I haven't seen this combination before and I've been looking for one. Glad I asked. Should be here soon.

trevor.jpg

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I think that's a pic of a gen! Hands at ten and two, GMT and seconds in the typical Rolex spots. Date on 28. And the markers do look a shade silver on my computer. Hope it works out for you.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I think that's a pic of a gen! Hands at ten and two, GMT and seconds in the typical Rolex spots. Date on 28. And the markers do look a shade silver on my computer. Hope it works out for you.

It's a rep. You can tell by the six o'clock marker and how close it is to the "Swiss made" writing. Gens have more space between the writing and the marker. Trevor says they are black, not silver.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I have a strong feeling that it just might not be as you wish. BUT! there is a guy on RG who can fix that. He goes by pbdad. I've seen one of his watches where he's redone the markers and it looked awesome. Hope this helps. :)

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Actually, this is my starting point. I have a gen dial to try and swap in. If it doesn't fit, I'll ebay the gen dial and look up your pbad guy. Thanks for the info!

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I have a strong feeling that it just might not be as you wish. BUT! there is a guy on RG who can fix that. He goes by pbdad. I've seen one of his watches where he's redone the markers and it looked awesome. Hope this helps. :)

Do you have a picture of it?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Urrggghhhh you all are makimg me feel silly for paying upwards of 3k for a 96 model GEN.... I can not tell the difference... I REALLY wish I would have found this site first... Oh well... you live... you learn.

FYI, for comparison, I have a pic of a GEN in "my album." That's if you'd like to see one immediately.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
... looks like they nailed the rehaut engraving, very well lined up

I've seen Gen's that couldn't line up the rehaut engraving, so I stopped worrying about it unless the crown was at 55 or 5. :p

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
That´s great news!
The watch is paid for, and on it´s way to Sweden. :)

What hand stack did you go with? I hear the 2386 with the chs is a time bomb. I told Trevor to get me the ichs, so I don't have any issues with it. Odd how this watch is the opposite of one of my favorites, the two tone blue face Submariner which is bright and colorful, and this one is plain and simple, but they both appeal to me a lot. Can't wait to get mine!

gapple

Both of you guys please post pictures when you get them. I'm looking at all the dealers for one for me. So far I've noticed that the fonts are different on the Timeshops and Perfect Clones. Serif & Sans Serif on Explorer II.

The Rolex web site has it with Serif on top and sans serif below.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The biggest flaw I see is the 6 o'clock marker being too close to the "Swiss made" writing. It's a minor one though, overall it's a great looking watch.

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
What hand stack did you go with? I hear the 2386 with the chs is a time bomb. I told Trevor to get me the ichs, so I don't have any issues with it. Odd how this watch is the opposite of one of my favorites, the two tone blue face Submariner which is bright and colorful, and this one is plain and simple, but they both appeal to me a lot. Can't wait to get mine!

Actually I don´t know what handstack it is.
They have only one option, so I ordered it. :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Handstack is the order in which the hands are stacked. The rep has an incorrect hand stack, the GMT hand is out of place. The CHS (correct hand stack) is no longer available so yes, there is only one option.

Col.

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
Handstack is the order in which the hands are stacked. The rep has an incorrect hand stack, the GMT hand is out of place. The CHS (correct hand stack) is no longer available so yes, there is only one option.

Col.

So I´d be safe then?

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
I´m so glad I found this place with all the accumulated knowledge! :)
Except that it has cost me $3.000 in less then a month... :thud: