• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
here is my VSF 116622 with GEN platinum dial

image.jpg

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Starting to think a VSF rhodium yachtmaster 40mm will be less conscious than my panda Daytona Franken
I don't think either are all that conscious to be honest, perhaps one might be a bit less conspicuous than the other :ROFLMAO: Sorry, just feel like messing around a bit this morning

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Damn OG YM truly has a special place in my heart. Regret selling the two TCs and a Sean's had in the past.
I don't know about Sean, but I have seen TC YMs and I think they were good but only for their time.

IMO, VSF's new 116622 examples have closed the chapter on TC and Sean YMs. Now it just doesn't make sense to get a 2824 TC over a VS3135 YM from VSF with the modern bracelet and clasp.

With the gen pt950 dial in my YM now wherever I go people remark about my "discontinued" YM and I thank them and just say it's my dad's :D

Last edited:

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
I don't know about Sean, but I have seen TC YMs and I think they were good but only for their time.

IMO, VSF's new 116622 examples have closed the chapter on TC and Sean YMs. Now it just doesn't make sense to get a 2824 TC over a VS3135 YM from VSF with the modern bracelet and clasp.

With the gen pt950 dial in my YM now wherever I go people remark about my "discontinued" YM and I thank them and just say it's my dad's :D
Sean had a better case compared to TC but the rest wast defintely not that good (if compared). Can't really understand which is better in that sense, if CF or VSF (either 3135 or 3235). Don't really care about the power reserve, but as you said things have changed and to me, a huge step back, would be having such quality with a case not really 1:1. I can live with other flaws, but not that. And yet I have to understand which is the champion between them.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Sean had a better case compared to TC but the rest wast defintely not that good (if compared). Can't really understand which is better in that sense, if CF or VSF (either 3135 or 3235). Don't really care about the power reserve, but as you said things have changed and to me, a huge step back, would be having such quality with a case not really 1:1. I can live with other flaws, but not that. And yet I have to understand which is the champion between them.
I mean bro, it's just like Noob Daytonas were the best of the best in their era and nothing came close. But now we have Clean and BTF and likely some other upcoming makers creating fabulous pieces so again that has closed the chapter on Noob.

For me I was first drawn to the blue dial YM and ended up getting a 126622 blue dial from CF and then 2 more 126621 in YG and RG (which I eventually lost interest in and sold)

Later on I discovered the pt950 dial 116622 and it grew on me more and more. The sparkling gray texture (as described on TRF), is stunning!

I was elated when I saw that VSF made the 116622 and immediately spent a bit of money for the gen dial to lightly franken the stock VSF. Now this YM is my favoritest watch and it has made my other handsome pieces like modded 5712 and CF/BTF Daytonas take a hiding in my winder! :D

Last edited:

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I will add on that I self-regulated the vs3135 in my VSF YM and now it runs at +2spd which makes it on par with gens!!!

I do think that the rep regulators are a blessing since they are much much easier to manipulate compared to microstellas which make you feel like you are doing brain surgery when you are regulating the movement

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia

how much you paid for the gen dial?

Robsen

I’ve been replaced by a box.
Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Just got my CF 126622, blown away by the quality of them, always been a vsf sub man. Only thing that I’m going to change is the crystal, tempted to get a gen DW and Crystal but heard that deep crystal are good cheaper alternative. Has anyone put a deep crystal in their 126622 ? Thanks all

APlover_JFbankaccount

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/1/23
New York
Just got my CF 126622, blown away by the quality of them, always been a vsf sub man. Only thing that I’m going to change is the crystal, tempted to get a gen DW and Crystal but heard that deep crystal are good cheaper alternative. Has anyone put a deep crystal in their 126622 ? Thanks all
I put one on my Clean DJ41…it’s fantastic.

Reactions: Robsen

Appolus

Looking Around
18/4/21
Hi there,

I‘m currently QCing a VSF Yachtmaster. I‘m happy with everything but unsure about the datewheel.
So what do you guys from the yacht club think?
Thanks in advance!

VSF Yachtmaster

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Hi there,

I‘m currently QCing a VSF Yachtmaster. I‘m happy with everything but unsure about the datewheel.
So what do you guys from the yacht club think?
Thanks in advance!

VSF Yachtmaster
Would be good to get a few photos to confirm whether it is actually left justified or if it's the angle of the photo causing it to appear as such