• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

scooter44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/22
Does the CF have a better dial than VSF?

I am asking because I noticed that my VSF 116622 has a darker blue YM text on the dial compared to the gen which has a really light baby blue hue. If yes, I will buy the CF.

Gen on the left, VSF on the right. I tried to be as close to the lighting conditions from the shop by using my desk lamp. Yes I know the gen in this photo is a 126622 – I ordered a 126622 from Puretime and GL'd it not noticing that it was a 116622. I didn't know the difference then. :(

The crown protection on the VSF Yachtmaster is somehow not correct compared to the Gen. It is correct on the Clean.

KacperK

Horology Curious
28/1/23
Poland
Guys,

I was hoping someone could advise me. I've got the Yacht-master 126622 from Clean for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. But after a few months I noticed that pulling out the crown is getting a bit stiff. Could that be because of the, somewhat cheaper, VR3235 movement?
I really love the looks and ideally I would just get it serviced but I was curious what you guys think. Would it be better to switch to the VSF one with the VS3235 movement or should I keep it? I also got a batman and a bluesy but this yacht-master really turned out to be my dream watch which I intend to keep for a looong time.

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Wow that is so nice. If you don’t mind me asking which model is that?? Is it the vsf with blue dial?? Thanks.
Thank you very much.
Yes, the base is VS (only bracelet case and 3135).
All other parts are gen

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Thank you very much.
Yes, the base is VS (only bracelet case and 3135).
All other parts are gen
Ahh ok I see. Lovely model though. I ordered a VSF Yachtmaster master with the grey dial and a month later no qc pics or anything. So now thinking maybe to cancel it and get something else. Or maybe the blue dial vsf Yachtmaster if it’s available.
But thank you for your reply.

Gwalehar

Horology Curious
23/4/23
USA
Ahh ok I see. Lovely model though. I ordered a VSF Yachtmaster master with the grey dial and a month later no qc pics or anything. So now thinking maybe to cancel it and get something else. Or maybe the blue dial vsf Yachtmaster if it’s available.
But thank you for your reply.
Same here.. still waiting

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me on a tiny dilemma I currently face. As some of you may know I placed an order for a YM 1226622 VSF with the 3235 movement. I placed the order back in July but still no joy with getting qc pics etc. The dealer got back to me today and said he has the same watch but with the 3135 movement rather than 3235.
From my reading it seems like the 3235 is the better movement than the 3135. When I asked the dealer, he said only difference between the 2 movements is that the 3235 has up to 70hrs reserve and the 3135 is 40-50hrs.
So is that true and if so, should I get the 3135 movement?? Just want something reliable to be honest.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Reactions: Gwalehar

Gwalehar

Horology Curious
23/4/23
USA
Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me on a tiny dilemma I currently face. As some of you may know I placed an order for a YM 1226622 VSF with the 3235 movement. I placed the order back in July but still no joy with getting qc pics etc. The dealer got back to me today and said he has the same watch but with the 3135 movement rather than 3235.
From my reading it seems like the 3235 is the better movement than the 3135. When I asked the dealer, he said only difference between the 2 movements is that the 3235 has up to 70hrs reserve and the 3135 is 40-50hrs.
So is that true and if so, should I get the 3135 movement?? Just want something reliable to be honest.

Thanks for any advice guys.
I'm facing the same dilemma, but I'll stay on the 3235.
If you're in a hurry, you can pick the 3135, the dial doesn't have the crown between swiss and made, but it has no other difference (but the power reserve of course).

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
My club membership

Hib2TR.jpeg

VSF 226659 with some SpongeBob magic.
Bezel mod
Bevel hands
Black hole mod

This is my first and only Rolex rep atm so I can’t really compare the mods to another watch.

The bezel action is really nice and the winding is very smooth compared to my other reps and in line with my gens. The VS3235 is a fantastic clone in my opinion.