• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I think that’s the idea. The general consensus I’ve found through the thread is now that the homage has been released, the actual rep (hopefully) can’t be too far behind!
Hopefully, though the tactical frog FXD kind of proves that theory wrong.

Fortunately as well. A friend of my son has one and it really is a piece of crap. No foundation for any rep worth having.

I think the Pelagos 39 homage is also far from the original as well - it’s just not close to the sort of rep anyone here would be happy with.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Know what, I'll give it a try...
Hi @CTime , there's a hungry lot of us here waiting for something moving in the Tudor rep landscape. Since you've proven yourself very usefull in providing us with good info on many Rolex models and CF insider information, would you happen to know if the Pelagos 39 is something we can expect to see anytime soon? Probably more of a ZF issue, still you're nearer than us to the industry and you may have heard something... And since we're at it, anything regarding the BB54?
Thanks!

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I think that’s the idea. The general consensus I’ve found through the thread is now that the homage has been released, the actual rep (hopefully) can’t be too far behind!
People said the same about the Pelagos FXD and we still don’t have a rep of that despite homages being available for several months.

Reactions: dk2852

Jonathann

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
Hopefully, though the tactical frog FXD kind of proves that theory wrong.

Fortunately as well. A friend of my son has one and it really is a piece of crap. No foundation for any rep worth having.

I think the Pelagos 39 homage is also far from the original as well - it’s just not close to the sort of rep anyone here would be happy with.
Very valid points.

We all live in hope that it comes along soon but as you’ve suggested, despite there being a (rubbish) homage, we could be many months away from a decent release.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Know what, I'll give it a try...
Hi @CTime , there's a hungry lot of us here waiting for something moving in the Tudor rep landscape. Since you've proven yourself very usefull in providing us with good info on many Rolex models and CF insider information, would you happen to know if the Pelagos 39 is something we can expect to see anytime soon? Probably more of a ZF issue, still you're nearer than us to the industry and you may have heard something... And since we're at it, anything regarding the BB54?
Thanks!
Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about that yet

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
3w4JoF.jpg

3w4xD5.jpg

3w40Mp.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just a thought, perhaps a dial maker can make a replica Pelagos 39 dial that can replace the dials in the Seestern and Octopus homage models referenced by @Kup1712 above. Maybe even a rubber strap that would fit the Pelagos 39 can be made as well. The result will not be a first tier rep, but it will suffice for some until a rep is actually made.

As I said, just a thought.

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Not sure if its appropriate to mention here but I know a few folks are probably upset that Tudor didnt just make a shrunken normal Pelagos (and likely never will). Not too big on the sunburst of the Pelagos 39 personally. One of the seemingly more well regarded chinese homage companies, San Martin, released one that is almost exactly a normal pelagos brought down to 39mm, just stainless steel.

Got a blue no-date in the other day and its honestly extremely impressive in terms of quality for the price. Leagues better than my ZF BB58 in terms of quality. Logo isnt obnoxious and microadjust is also suprisingly well implemented. Model number is SN0121G for anyone that may care.