• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM683

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Finally got this repaired after a night on the tiles and then I dropped it on the tiles! Winding bridge/gears bent. Watch Smith also mentioned mainspring was weak and would not supply a good amplitude to the watch so replaced. Now running like a champ.
ZNS42E.jpg

You triggered me ... just ordered a white strap for my 683. Looks great ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie76

Mypelusch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/12
Hi,

my rotor was not properly attached, so I just tightened the rotor attachment screws. Then I put a small amount of silicone grease on a needle point and carefully put some grease on the balls in the rotor bearing, they are visible in the gap around the center of the rotor. After this all my noice was gone.

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Hi,

my rotor was not properly attached, so I just tightened the rotor attachment screws. Then I put a small amount of silicone grease on a needle point and carefully put some grease on the balls in the rotor bearing, they are visible in the gap around the center of the rotor. After this all my noice was gone.

Solved for mine too.

A little bit of Mobius D5 and a small amount of lithium grease... now is almost perfect!

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
It seems like these are available from TDs again, has anyone pulled the trigger?

Less

Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
DE
Hello friends! Can anyone tell me if this one also has a "quick hour hand adjustment" (I don't know the specific term) for setting date and hour and does the second hand stops? Is it the same as gen? Thank you. :)

Less

Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
DE
Got the answer (I went through all pages here)! Never mind, sorry. :)

Livi67

12/11/19
It seems like these are available from TDs again, has anyone pulled the trigger?

Yes, I just bought one some days ago. Still waiting for the delivery...I'll post a pics as soon as I get it

Reactions: Snil

Vindicator_007

Looking Around
26/5/19
Would you guys know of any TDs or others that have the correct Crystal upgrades for the PAM683 (or even the PAM000)? Can't seem to unsee the fisheye crystal

blackawd

Known Member
20/6/17
Is the thickness of this watch accurate now or still a little thicker than gen?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Didn't see any updates.

The fisheye should still be present on the VSF and the thickness is still higher and I don't think it can be fixed.

Reactions: johnlogan

jjf887

29/10/17
I’ve been tryin to get a 683 m2m for a while now but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on a td selling?

thanks!

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I’ve been tryin to get a 683 m2m for a while now but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on a td selling?

thanks!

I ordered from Hont 14 days ago and he said they were available, I am yet to receive QC though and no answer to when either.

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
I ordered from Hont 14 days ago and he said they were available, I am yet to receive QC though and no answer to when either.

I doubt that you will get it... I ordered 3 VSF PAMs from hont a few weeks ago... after a few weeks of waiting the order had to be cancelled cause VSF wasn't producing any PAMs at that time

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I doubt that you will get it... I ordered 3 VSF PAMs from hont a few weeks ago... after a few weeks of waiting the order had to be cancelled cause VSF wasn't producing any PAMs at that time

That’s what I’m fearing. Pain..

Drgehirn

Known Member
10/6/22
Was anyone able to get one of those recently?

I can’t find any TD to sell it at the moment. What would be the best alternative in your minds? I really like the submersible look

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Was anyone able to get one of those recently?

I can’t find any TD to sell it at the moment. What would be the best alternative in your minds? I really like the submersible look
I think it makes sense to consider PAM959 VSF or PAM1209. I am not aware of their existence, but it makes sense to try.

Reactions: Drgehirn