• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Oh and by the way, just gave my panda bracelet an oil bath etc... the case does say 116500, not as on some old pics 116503. So that's also correct now. No idea if it has been mentioned before.

What's a "panda bracelet"?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
there is a little blue in the dial when it is under artificial light

I only see a tiny bit when I shine my iPhone light directly at the dial. Otw in daily wearing and even under harsh hospital lights I don’t see the blue hue that I was seeing on QCs.

This past Friday I had the opportunity to briefly compare mine to my friends Gen which he just took delivery of a few weeks ago. I was expecting the Gen dial to have an eggshell white color, as opposed to the stark white of the CF dial. However his was a very harsh/bright white as well. I guess each Gen batch of dials has fairly drastic variations amongst itself as well. At arms length the dials looked almost indistinguishable. Subdial rings are slightly different, but again, i only noticed that when I held the two a few inches from my face and scrutinized the little details. The biggest difference that I noticed was that the CF ceramic bezel lettering is a tad thicker than the Gen. However, I only noticed this holding the two side by side. When I was just comparing my CF to pics online it looked spot on. I wish I had the state of mind to take a few comparison pictures, but I didn’t. Next time I see him I’ll try to take a few for the forum.

My point in writing this long winded response is for those undecided on whether or not to order the watch or to wait for the V2, V3, V4, V87964: we on this forum spend hours and hours scrutinizing tiny little details. We look at these watches on our huge laptop screens or slightly smaller, but still bigger than the watch, smart phone screens. As a result, the “flaws” that we discuss seem much more substantial to us than we we actually have the watch in hand. All in all, I believe you’re getting a fantastic timepiece for a very fair price and we should just enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Wich bro?

The Gen subdials are a very tiny bit thicker if I remember correctly. You know how the subdials look like many rings stacked one next to the other? If you want to measure it in terms of that, it looks as if the Gen has 1 or at most 2 extra rings. I’m not sure if that’s true, but that’s how it looks visually. Very inconsequential in real life, only something that is noticed up close examination.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
unfortunately this does not apply to 116520.

Yes, I agree. My conversation with Mark1937 was in regards to the 116500. I cannot comment on the CF 116520 bc I do not own one yet.

That being said, I still believe that when looking at the CF 116520 from a holistic perspective it is still the best release available and significantly better than the Noob equivalent. The dial is a bit of a let down but the CF steel bezel insert is fantastic (not worth frankening that part imo, it’s that good), you’re getting an ARF quality bracelet, and a clone movement. In the near future I plan on purchasing a Gen 116520 black dial (or waiting to see if IPK has a good one that can be sourced via a TD) and inserting it into the CF 116520 and calling it a day. But that’s just my opinion, I’m not as eagle eyed in regards to my reps as some forum members are.

Reactions: Picasso74

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
same trash dials like all others…

Agree
But let’s think positive mates, the only thing to do is changing dial with a gen as 70% Of 4130 owners did in the past with noobs, isn’t it?
Crystal bezel and bracelet are super so we don’t need anymore to buy an arf to do the swap!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The Gen subdials are a very tiny bit thicker if I remember correctly. You know how the subdials look like many rings stacked one next to the other? If you want to measure it in terms of that, it looks as if the Gen has 1 or at most 2 extra rings. I’m not sure if that’s true, but that’s how it looks visually. Very inconsequential in real life, only something that is noticed up close examination.

they look identical to me. Same size counters.

Markaplan

9/10/20
Got mine today. Loving it

486535579256f0d20893eaea9dbd4e62.jpg

795fcf22c51ab8941e7248a9151d9067.jpg

Markaplan

9/10/20
Lol gen piece.. you cant fooool me brother :)

Damn man your good. You should have waited, it would have been fun seeing the guys net picking it! LOL
I got it for a good deal from the secondary market and I couldn’t let go.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer