• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Nobody ordering the black dial?? there are very few pictures, and the subdials look fat, maybe that is the reason for so few black ones. I was decided to order the black but those subdials…

Eseips

5/4/16
I got mine today. Well, to put it short: It´s magnificent. I´ve had a Gen 116518 for a while and this CF, in terms of build quality, is absolutely awesome. The Dial is awesome, pushers work flawlessly with a soft action similar to gen, the Bracelet is a blast (Clasp could be better though, the closing doesn´t feel as nicely), overall I am quite impressed.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I got mine today. Well, to put it short: It´s magnificent. I´ve had a Gen 116518 for a while and this CF, in terms of build quality, is absolutely awesome. The Dial is awesome, pushers work flawlessly with a soft action similar to gen, the Bracelet is a blast (Clasp could be better though, the closing doesn´t feel as nicely), overall I am quite impressed.

:ttiwwop:

:)

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk

Which one did you get? Panda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/10
doctor-g I’m not expert at all…but also this last bezel seems a bit not alligned….
Myself I’ve acceped QC pics last week without looking they very well…. And two days ago I’ve deiscoverd also my bezel seems not alligned so well….as you can see a few posts above…

In 10 years, I’ve bought 10 watches…and never reject qc pics, for the next order I will see they very well!
anyway It’s probably that having the watch on hands it is not a problem this little allign, if not, we realign it manually.ù

Last edited:

8b1t

Horology Curious
10/6/21
2f6f73c840dec685bef8225f012a8a2f.jpg

So much wrong is going on with white dial on 116520

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/10
Anyway I’m not understanding how It is possible that they are able to do these reps almost perfect, and they make mistake in a very easy thing to copy like the thick of subdials, ….mmmmm…. It’s very strange….

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger4

8b1t

Horology Curious
10/6/21
On only subdials even hour markers are bad
8e962a7a9cf2fd9b6c161d18376fe7e7.jpg

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
Anyway I’m not understanding how It is possible that they are able to do these reps almost perfect, and they make mistake in a very easy thing to copy like the thick of subdials, ….mmmmm…. It’s very strange….

It’s not strange, it’s the trick to stay in the market.
Clean purposely put mistakes in every rep: the biggest one is the case, which isn’t 100% accurate or lugs that usually are fat and CGs’ shape is different.

Anyway I’m not a Clean supporter but these Daytonas are surely the best out there since. And even if subdials are fat, I’m sure that 99% of the time you’ll never notice this thing on your wrist at it’s natural distance.

I would be happy if they’ll plan to fix these little things like text boldness or SEL recession, but I must say that neither ARF and Noob were perfect. As a first release I would say: not bad, guys!

Now let’s continue to spread all the knowledge to help to fix these mistakes, but please do not disgust this rep, because you are the same guys that bought the thick and frozen ARF and the “never found a good SEL” Noob.

Starbucks

Horology Curious
22/1/22
I got a clean white Daytona and one thing I didn’t know is the bracelet seemed to be hollow instead of solid steel. Is that right? Also not sure if the watch is just so new, when moving the bracelet and clasp I can hear a lot of creaky sound

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Picture 1 = Rejected with misaligned bezel at 3, a small piece of lint inside the watch on the left upper shade of subdial at 3 o'clock.

Picture 2 = Already accepted but I think and lug length is different from the first one I rejected. The dial prints are darker also. The hands have different center holes also...

I questioned the TD if it is from CF, the answer is yes.... I felt sorry to reject it the 2nd time.... so i took it... what do u guys think????
jd3fv1.jpg

jdH3zt.jpg

Second dial not centered loool
​​

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
And even if subdials are fat, I’m sure that 99% of the time you’ll never notice this thing on your wrist at it’s natural distance.

That’s actually the first thing you notice from far away, since fat subdials ruin the whole geometry of the watch, it’s something you notice from far away at a glance, way easier to notice than a random font error

Reactions: SuperLory