• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release 126618/126613 submariner with VS 3235 movement

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Throw what you thought you knew about Rolex YG out the window. I posted this before but it went largely unnoticed..

Below are 4 genuine watches, each is 18k Yellow Gold. A Submariner, a GMT the others are Day Dates.

jQRIGo.jpg
jQRqpk.jpg
jQRnzS.jpg
jQRy8P.jpg
jQR17W.jpg
jQRYAJ.jpg

Thanks for the post as I am in the market for a full gold VSF Rolex sub.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Throw what you thought you knew about Rolex YG out the window. I posted this before but it went largely unnoticed..

Below are 4 genuine watches, each is 18k Yellow Gold. A Submariner, a GMT the others are Day Dates.

jQRIGo.jpg

I think it's also possible the older GMT YG color aged a little and turned a bit darker. I owned a FG 18283 and experienced this firsthand while living in a very humid climate for many years. I finally took to lightly polishing the case and bracelet with a mild non-abrasive liquid metal polish, which immediately brought back the lighter shade that I liked. After a year or so it was back to the darker tones and needed to be polished again.

Shame someone passed up a gen DD40 (presumably at retail price) that has a gold tone I find significantly more appealing. But we all have our own preferences.

repreg123

7/8/19
I think it's also possible the older GMT YG color aged a little and turned a bit darker. I owned a FG 18283 and experienced this firsthand while living in a very humid climate for many years. I finally took to lightly polishing the case and bracelet with a mild non-abrasive liquid metal polish, which immediately brought back the lighter shade that I liked. After a year or so it was back to the darker tones and needed to be polished again.

That was my first thought as well.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Anyone get theirs yet? Can't wait for a review especially next to a gen if anyone has one!!!

repreg123

7/8/19
The pale YG really looks amazing.. makes it hard to match with other gold jewelry though

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
Guys gold replicas I thought was not good to go becouse they will lose their Color if they scratched somewhere they are not real good are plated gold right? So after time they fade or something am I wrong?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Just for looking at and playing with buddy.

EDIT: the 18k VSF I have here is nano coated or ceramic coated from the factory, it feels great, I cant see it wearing off, also, has a deep scratch on the clasp and it just looks gold. OK, so it's the wrong shade but I can get it re plated. But as I say, it's just for looking at and playing with,

Last edited:

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Just for looking at and playing with buddy.

EDIT: the 18k VSF I have here is nano coated or ceramic coated from the factory, it feels great, I cant see it wearing off, also, has a deep scratch on the clasp and it just looks gold. OK, so it's the wrong shade but I can get it re plated. But as I say, it's just for looking at and playing with,

£500 to look at something and play with it in your bedroom and living room ?
I’m sure for myself and many others part of the pleasure associated with reps, is actually wearing them in everyday life and enjoying them.
im not talking about attempting to pass them off as gens, but actually being able to enjoy them.
£500 for a rep that looks like a tangerine that anyone would be embarrassed to be seen wearing is just bizarre, but it’s ok because it’s a VSF.
I just don’t get all this VSF fanboy stuff, they’ve in my mind been elevated to a god like status when there are other options that in many cases are a better option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21

Depending which model you’d looking at, all have flaws, depends which ones you want to live with. The cyclops distortion, the horrendous catfish mouth clasp, tangerine gold and numerous bezels that were falling off VSF just meant I couldn’t buy into the VSF fanboy status that you and some others clearly have.
Each to our own, but it is laughable the pedestal some put VSF on.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Depending which model you’d looking at, all have flaws, depends which ones you want to live with. The cyclops distortion, the horrendous catfish mouth clasp, tangerine gold and numerous bezels that were falling off VSF just meant I couldn’t buy into the VSF fanboy status that you and some others clearly have.
Each to our own, but it is laughable the pedestal some put VSF on.

Help me out what do you mean by "catfish mouth clasp"

repreg123

7/8/19
Tangerine gold was an issue early on that seemed to be fixed already before the shutdown..

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Tangerine gold was an issue early on that seemed to be fixed already before the shutdown..

VSF gold colour is nothing like the original in tone or warmth, they improved it slightly but it was still awful. Other factories have plating that’s far closer, but none have got it spot on.
dont know if they’ve sorted the hands on their 126613 but on their 116613 it had big fat hideous hands.

Last edited: