• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release 126618/126613 submariner with VS 3235 movement

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
My QC for your reference. I did not approve it yet because I asked for better pictures of the SEL fit @12 which looks weird to me but is probably just the lightning.

jtyBxW.jpg

jtytXP.jpg

jtyrqJ.jpg

jty8Zo.jpg

jtylUS.jpg

jtypQQ.jpg

jtyXn8.jpg

jtyThR.jpg

jtyCfL.jpg

jtyduK.jpg

jtywZv.jpg

Reactions: diamant

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
the SEL fit @12 looks weird to me but is probably just the lightning.

jt1j6Y.jpg

The plastic in the way doesn't help but the top right SEL is slightly more recessed than the top left SEL. I would be OK with that, YMMV.

Reactions: vipstyle888

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
jt1j6Y.jpg

The plastic in the way doesn't help but the top right SEL is slightly more recessed than the top left SEL. I would be OK with that, YMMV.

for me its more the 3rd / 4th / 5th picture where (to me) it looks that the SEL is just not even touching the case properly on the bezel area. I dont mind the difference in recesses.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
for me its more the 3rd / 4th / 5th picture where (to me) it looks that the SEL is just not even touching the case properly on the bezel area. I dont mind the difference in recesses.

Sticker, lighting, that’s all. They would need to make a little stumpy SEL for it do what you think you’re seeing.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That watch looks amazing, forgot to say. If I hadn’t just bought 2 other watches I’d be all over one of those.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Nice looking watch but personally I couldn’t live with fhe colour, would have to have it replated, would be afraid to wear it outside the house. Ask for pictures without bright lighting, doesn’t resemble the correct colour at all, but just my opinion though, others will disagree. Also a shame they still have the cyclops issue

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Nice looking watch but personally I couldn’t live with fhe colour, would have to have it replated, would be afraid to wear it outside the house. Ask for pictures without bright lighting, doesn’t resemble the correct colour at all, but just my opinion though, others will disagree. [/url]

You cannot possibly pass judgment like this from dealer pics. The camera will alter saturation, contrast and warmth.

Reactions: vipstyle888

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
Mine is on the way, I have a gen gold products for comparison which I will try to show when the watch arrives. Until then, I think photos won’t show anything useful in terms of colour…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
You cannot possibly pass judgment like this from dealer pics. The camera will alter saturation, contrast and warmth.

I certainly wouldn’t purchase a watch on the strength of those pictures, in low light it will look even more brass like and the camera isn’t effecting the cyclops, you only have to look at the picture. That level of distortion would drive me insane….
and you can see it when it’s on your wrist, I sold my VSF because of it……

Last edited:

Starry Night

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
Earth
It looks like there are only 10 links in total. Can you order extra links for either when placing an order? I currently have 11 links in total on my Gen 16613.

Yakz

Horology Curious
6/10/20
I certainly wouldn’t purchase a watch on the strength of those pictures, in low light it will look even more brass like and the camera isn’t effecting the cyclops, you only have to look at the picture. That level of distortion would drive me insane….

Can you explain whats the cyclops distortion? :D sorry if its a noob question

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
assuming that for me the cyclops distortion does not matter, also because, let's face it, we all know that vsf crystals are the best rep crystals.
I myself was dubious about my dj 41 clean from Li's room lighting. when he came into my hands, it was just a different watch. gorgeous colors.

of course, gold is a particular color and very easily it falls into yellow or even worse in cheddar.

but I say wait before considering it wrong. however, I think that in any case, anyone who buys a full gold watch assumes the risks and, absolutely, must already be aware of having to have it re-plated

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Well every other Submariner has bad crown guards (wrong case shape), you can swap out a crystal, can’t swap a case.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I put a gen barrel and mainspring (as well as other gen parts) in my vs3235 and it runs perfectly with 71.5 hours power reserve.

[mention]dbs [/mention] [mention]Nikz19 [/mention] [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] Interesting stuff fellas!

Thanks for [mention]Triplock [/mention] showing me these posts

I have an upcoming build as follows:

3235-145 - Auto Module w/ Rotor
3235-270 - Cannon Pinion
3235-432 - Balance
3235-120 - Balance Bridge
3235-315 - Barrel w/ Mainspring
3235-421 - Pallet Fork
3235-410 - Escape Wheel
3235-213 - Crown Wheel
3235-220 - Setting Lever
3235-105 - Barrel Bridge (Complete)
3235-217 - Yoke for Sliding Gear (w/ Barrel)
3235-110 - Train Wheel Bridge
3235-125 - Bridge for Center Wheel

And now reading this I may snag:

3235-231 Setting Lever Jumper
3235-260 Minute Wheel

Let’s hope my movement isn’t one of the finnicky ones & everything locks into place properly….

Or I’ll be selling everything that won’t fit or causes problems lol

Reactions: WatchSmith.US