• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

occidio

Known Member
15/11/15
Where is the source of your information? If there is indeed 'discount batch', I wonder how much discount is offered.

Go to reptime (reddit) and search for 15400. Sort by new (3rd most recent 15400 post as of this post)
There are promotions by certain dealers at the 468 pricetag. Check the QC pictures of those promotions at 468 vs the regular 508 price.

I would link directly but I don't want to accidentally break any advertising rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sure enough, just saw the ad for $468.00 as mentioned by occidio1. Its best to spend an additional $40.00 and get an APS 15400 with a correct 3 marker from one of our Trusted Dealers.

Reactions: Nivka

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The slow date roll over makes me feel sadface-emoji.

For those who know the mechanisms and engineering of a moment: why would Dandong have decided to not implement an instantaneous date flip? From my (limited) understand if such things, a instantaneous date change isn’t a hard thing to implement, so why go to all the effort of creating a clone movement that can pass the glance test through the caseback while leaving such an obvious tell on the dial side i.e. a half changed date that’s visible anytime between 10pm and midnight (the exact hours when I need my rep to be at its best because that’s when I’ll be socializing in bars / clubs and I’m using my watch is hookup bait [kidding not kidding])?

Nazcai

Horology Curious
23/7/20

For those who know the mechanisms and engineering of a moment: why would Dandong have decided to not implement an instantaneous date flip? From my (limited) understand if such things, a instantaneous date change isn’t a hard thing to implement, so why go to all the effort of creating a clone movement that can pass the glance test through the caseback while leaving such an obvious tell on the dial side i.e. a half changed date that’s visible anytime between 10pm and midnight (the exact hours when I need my rep to be at its best because that’s when I’ll be socializing in bars / clubs and I’m using my watch is hookup bait [kidding not kidding])?

so you can buy their v2 of the watch after a few months from buying the v1 version!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I agree with this, and its a pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: Allure

pino1021

Looking Around
14/11/21
Hey guys,
just got my qc pics from puretime. As there seems to be an issue with crooked 3 o'clock markers, I am assuming mine has that problem as well. What do you think? Is it misaligned or is it just me?
ea8fdb4c28eec86ad26c04474a3b7eba.jpg
597da38ed639f1af7aad32aa0eada07f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

Materials used for the movement are not good enough to support instant date flip in the long run. It has nothing to do with versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill33

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lets not give up on the clone 3120 movement just yet. The movement manufacturer simply has to replace the part(s), causing the slow date change, made with better material. Word has to be sent to APS addressing this problem (they're most probably well aware of the problem) so they can correct it.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
This watch looks awesome I reckon. On par with ZF/JF easily and the movement is proven to be as stable as a 9015 well that will mean this prob the best rep of the 15400 there is. I didnt mind the 9015 at all as the rotor noise can be corrected and it was a workhorse of a movement. I've got 4 watches using this movement running for 6+ years now and they still keep perfect time. Not serviced or touched since buying them.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Has anyone seen any QC pics or real life pics for the white dial?

Firstly you realize your forum name is going to hold true for about 2-3hrs tops :legend:

Second, please be patient if you don’t see pics of the silver yet. Given time someone WILL buy it and post a pic. Or you can be the one to do it for the benefit of the rest.

Reactions: Allure

haasvf5

Horology Curious
9/11/21
How does it compare with the 15202?

I’m a noob so I’m not too aquatinted with the differences between the two gen models, but it seems like the most popular 15202 rep is made by ZF and uses a Miyota movement decorated to look like the gen model. this watch uses a clone of the AP 3120 movement which is relatively new so no one knows if it will be a time bomb.

it is similar in appearance to the 15202, using the same style thin hour markers and dial tapestry. the 15202 is an older AP design which was considered a large watch when it was introduced in the 70s at 39mm diameter and 8.1mm thickness. this watch is slightly thicker and larger in diameter at 9.8mmx41mm.

the key difference here is that this watch uses a clone movement to be gen like but the ZF 15202 is established as a quality rep with good finishing. this watch is new to the market and claims to have a better dial than the ZF 15202 and a clone movement.

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
I'm looking at a 15450 build, does anyone know if this movement would fit the jf 15450 case?