• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

fantasma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/21
Terrible? How so? I was thinking it looked ok, but maybe my eye isn't trained to the flaws on this model.

The black on the dial is too dark should look more dull, the lume that they used is super yellow, the helium escape valve and crown are stainless steel color instead of titanium gray, the titanium used on the case looks stainless steel this might that they used a cheaper grade of titanium since it isn’t the right color, the clasp on the bracelet has rough lines/brushing instead of smooth, the bracelet pattern is wrong should be micro spaces in between to create that smooth flexible finish etc etc.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

fantasma

22/9/21
How does this look terrible compared to the VSF? Please elaborate. From what I can see, it looks just as good as what VSF has done.

There’s videos on Youku comparing the two.. even the bezel when you turn it doesn’t make the clicking noise on the GF/ORF, the sapphire crystal dome isn’t right, the color of dial, color of case, color of lume, the nato strap included says “Stainless Steel” instead of Titanium etc. They made too many mistakes on this one that can easily be spotted on someone’s wrist.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
There’s videos on Youku comparing the two.. even the bezel when you turn it doesn’t make the clicking noise on the GF/ORF, the sapphire crystal dome isn’t right, the color of dial, color of case, color of lume, the nato strap included says “Stainless Steel” instead of Titanium etc. They made too many mistakes on this one that can easily be spotted on someone’s wrist.

Really. So bad?
With VSF gone, it means no NTTD rep is up to par of gen?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
i think its not bad at all. nothing that someone outside this forum will recognize anyways. besides, both VSF and ORF have the one major tell (for me at least) at he HE valve. So you also can get caught out with the VSF if you bump into someone who knows. Just my 2 cents

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Really. So bad?

I beg to differ. I think the best alternative right now to the VSF would be the ORF model. Titanium case with steel bracelet. Looking at the QC pics above of the ORF model from cerm79 , it looks good. I don't see much of a difference with the ORF case vs the VSF ones.

If you really want to get the watch, I would seriously consider the ORF.

Reactions: Binford

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I beg to differ. I think the best alternative right now to the VSF would be the ORF model. Titanium case with steel bracelet. Looking at the QC pics above of the ORF model from cerm79 , it looks good. I don't see much of a difference with the ORF case vs the VSF ones.

If you really want to get the watch, I would seriously consider the ORF.

i second that

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Really. So bad?

one brand new is nearly 8k and the other is 400 pounds, how can it be on par ? reading the Omega lifetime NTTD edition, Craig wanted it really light so blame him for the Titanium bracelet [h=1][/h]

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Speaking of the Omega Lifetime NTTD edition... Such a good read along with some nice photos :thumbsup:​​​​​​

50560972433_007644ef01_b.jpg

Reactions: Goldenboy74

fantasma

22/9/21
i think its not bad at all. nothing that someone outside this forum will recognize anyways. besides, both VSF and ORF have the one major tell (for me at least) at he HE valve. So you also can get caught out with the VSF if you bump into someone who knows. Just my 2 cents

I was lucky enough to find a gentleman sell me a VSF V4 two weeks ago, I see nothing wrong with HE valve since they even made it an obscure color, opens, has a red mark inside etc. I think you would need an expert with a micro lens to tell. Compared to the ORF as soon as you see the case color, the dial, and lume, and crowns its game over you can tell its fake af. I think people are better off buying a used VSF or getting an SMP300 those will even have an expert sweating.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
So glad I got another vsf v4 a year after selling my v2. Gutted they don’t make them anymore but many legendary reps (e.g closed case smp, TC sub, UPO) all are now extinct let’s hope this becomes one. Definitely a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fantasma

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I was lucky enough to find a gentleman sell me a VSF V4 two weeks ago, I see nothing wrong with HE valve since they even made it an obscure color, opens, has a red mark inside etc. I think you would need an expert with a micro lens to tell. Compared to the ORF as soon as you see the case color, the dial, and lume, and crowns its game over you can tell its fake af. I think people are better off buying a used VSF or getting an SMP300 those will even have an expert sweating.

The gen has a cut out in the case by the HE valve. The VSF and the ORF does not have this cut out. It doesnt bother most, but I didnt like it. For that reason I held out from buying the VSF hoping they would fix it. I do regret it now.

Reactions: fantasma

msdhills

10/3/16
If VSF is out, I wonder why trusty time still has the watch in the site if it cannot be sourced.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
The gen has a cut out in the case by the HE valve. The VSF and the ORF does not have this cut out. It doesnt bother most, but I didnt like it. For that reason I held out from buying the VSF hoping they would fix it. I do regret it now.

I get what your saying, it’s a tell for sure, but I can’t see the reason for the cut out and let’s be honest you would really have to look for it side on to be able to see if it’s there or not.

For me this watch is basically a prop, even the gen is just a replica of a watch designed specifically for a film character. In my eyes and for this reason this watch is different to the other bond watches. So then why pay £8k for a 1:1 replica of James bonds watch when you can look to pay £300 for the same thing! Bonus if you can bag a vsf too.

Anyway here’s a Vsf v4. Love it.

c13dd982e41169af08ad02584c018de2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jpchub