• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Collected list of current factory statuses

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
Got a vsf 126610lv from Sead, didn't get shipping confirmation yet, but I gl'd it. I'll post pics once I get it, see how the post raid vsf holds up. A strange thing, is that he wouldn't give me timegrapher readings, saying he couldn't because of the raids. I don't believe that for a second, and I almost rl it, but he has a good reputation so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Needless to say, I will check it when I get it, and report back if the movement is good or not. Now is the hard part, waiting the weeks for the watch to reach me :) hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Last edited:

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
he wouldn't give me timegrapher readings, saying he couldn't because of the raids
Did you order from his UK stock? If so, it could be that the UK forwarding guy does not have a timegrapher and couldn't take the measurements (if they did not already have them).

That said, I have ordered several pieces from Sead recently with no issues.

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
Guys be careful... I think they sell their returned watches.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
25/2/21
Guys be careful... I think they sell their returned watches.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk

Why do you say this? Do you have evidence? I have received 3 post-raid VSF watches that have been absolutely fine. You can also check the QC pictures on Reddit. Maybe they have been RL for insignificant reasons but they don't have serious issues.

Reactions: cap923

Beefcake

1/7/21
Did you order from his UK stock?

He didn't say if it was from the UK stock. That could make sense, but why not just say that? Why give me a strange excuse? Not sure it means anything, but wanted to report here, because if we see enough vsf, at some point we can conclude they are open. Also wanted to post the weirdness, because it might be a clue as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Got a vsf 126610lv from Sead, didn't get shipping confirmation yet, but I gl'd it. I'll post pics once I get it, see how the post raid vsf holds up. A strange thing, is that he wouldn't give me timegrapher readings, saying he couldn't because of the raids. I don't believe that for a second, and I almost rl it, but he has a good reputation so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Needless to say, I will check it when I get it, and report back if the movement is good or not. Now is the hard part, waiting the weeks for the watch to reach me :) hopefully it doesn't take too long.

I ordered a VSF pam968 from Sead from his Chinese stock and didn’t get timegraph results.

Mine has been keeping perfect time.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Perhaps Sead's timegrapher machine is broken. Just ask him. This would eliminate all these speculations/theories which we already have plenty of.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Now I feel a strange urge to buy me a time grapher machine

Beefcake

1/7/21
Perhaps Sead's timegrapher machine is broken. Just ask him. This would eliminate all these speculations/theories which we already have plenty of.

I did ask him. He said he checked it but couldn't send photos because of the raids. That doesn't seem strange? If it was broken, he could get another, they arent hard to find. They are also exceedingly affordable. Either way I already gl it, so I'll find out soon enough if he really checked it.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I did ask him. He said he checked it but couldn't send photos because of the raids. That doesn't seem strange? If it was broken, he could get another, they arent hard to find. They are also exceedingly affordable. Either way I already gl it, so I'll find out soon enough if he really checked it.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a VSF from him. The process has been taking weeks because of the raids, even though he has the watch in stock with him. He didn't elaborate on everything, but I go the distinct feeling that he is being watched by the police. A few times he mentioned he couldn't leave his house for 3 days because of police being everywhere. So maybe his timegrapher got confiscated, or perhaps it is at another address? I'll see if I get timegrapher result, but I dont care to much for that. It's just a watch and I dont need it to be that accurate.

Reactions: Beefcake

DMJW

11/1/16

I have ordered 8 watches from Sead in the past, his service has always been great. I didn't even notice that I did not get timegrapher photos with the VSF I ordered recently , such is my trust in him that it didn't occur to me. My guess is, he wants his business to come across as a bit amateur right now.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Worst case, a watchsmith can service the movement if there are problems. VS3235 I believe can accept (almost all?) gen spec parts. Nikz19 mentioned at Reddit that cannon pinion and setting lever are known problematic parts, but should be easy to fix for a competent watchsmith.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I ordered a VSF Hulk 2 weeks ago and the QC was awesome.

The VSF 126610Lv from Sead is payed ... currently waiting on QC

Lets see I will inform you guys about the timegrapher discussion.

Beefcake

1/7/21
I have ordered 8 watches from Sead in the past, his service has always been great. I didn't even notice that I did not get timegrapher photos with the VSF I ordered recently , such is my trust in him that it didn't occur to me. My guess is, he wants his business to come across as a bit amateur right now.

Yep, thats why I gl it, because he has a really good reputation.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
To give you guys an update:

Sead also just sent me my QC. There are no timegrapher results included. When asking for it he said, that he cant reach the place with his timegrapher because of police but that he checked all of his watches when he got from the factory.

Normally it would be a concern but seads reputation is making me feeling better about it.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher