• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Rusty_Shackleford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21
For you guys that aren’t satisfied with the crystal, what are you using to replace? Gen? Or is there a more readily available, affordable aftermarket crystal you guys like?

Id like to upgrade without using Gen unless I have to.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Why the crown guards in the Clean case are wrong. Even if you don't notice it on your wrist. While the Clean bracelet is really superior to the Vsf.

Yes exactly, the CG thing. I got flamed and called a VSF fanboy when I pointed this out to another chap yesterday. I must be a Noob and ARF fanboy too.

Reactions: Giellea

Comebackbaby

28/12/20
For you guys that aren’t satisfied with the crystal, what are you using to replace? Gen? Or is there a more readily available, affordable aftermarket crystal you guys like?

Id like to upgrade without using Gen unless I have to.

VSF crystal is your best bet.

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
received my Clean today and a bit disappointed by the bezel action, I must say. It has a bit of back play and it can be turned too easily. I handled gen several times and it's not stiff either, but stiffer than this. Also the back play is not nice.

Had a perfect ZZF V2 Sub last year, bezel was way better than this, much stiffer with zero back play... anyone had an experience like this on their Clean subs? or any recommendations to stiffen up the bezel?

I also got to say, we all heard a lot about the ARF bracelet but my ZZF V2's bracelet was definitely as good as this. Maybe I possessed a perfect example, I dont know. Just my brief opinion :)

Other than these, everything is perfect though. dial, hands, insert awesome..

thanks in advance!

Reactions: subaddict

Subdued

20/11/19
received my Clean today and a bit disappointed by the bezel action, I must say. It has a bit of back play and it can be turned too easily. I handled gen several times and it's not stiff either, but stiffer than this. Also the back play is not nice.

Had a perfect ZZF V2 Sub last year, bezel was way better than this, much stiffer with zero back play... anyone had an experience like this on their Clean subs? or any recommendations to stiffen up the bezel?

I also got to say, we all heard a lot about the ARF bracelet but my ZZF V2's bracelet was definitely as good as this. Maybe I possessed a perfect example, I dont know. Just my brief opinion :)

Other than these, everything is perfect though. dial, hands, insert awesome..

thanks in advance!

Can you share pics sir?

Vacco

22/5/19
Anyone here has play on the hands when setting the time?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lovely pics, it’s very close, the gen dial is richer but that gen TT sub looks silly covered in stickers. Is he keeping it nice for the next owner or what?
A phrase comes to mind.. wear the watch, don’t let it wear you. .. that watch is wearing its owner. Get the stickers off wear it and go spanner the car like I do.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Are you sure about that? it feels pretty flimsy, not accurate at all

Maybe have it serviced? My VSF feels similar to your description, but it keeps great time. How are you sweating the minute hand? I noticed that if I roll the minute hand forward one minute and then roll it back to the minute I want it set to, it keeps great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk