• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for info on this 40mm Zenith Pilot.

D

d4m.test

I love this watch in 40 and 45. Some color bursts are truer to gen in 40mm but I picked the two I liked the best blue and olive. My best friend hasn't taken his off until he got a Portuguese 2 days ago. I'm a huge fan of these watches cosmetically and movement has been rock solid. He even rescued his dog in a lake with the watch on and zero damage done except the band looks very vintage now.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Now imagine dealing with these anal guys M2M. Lol.

Expecting workmanship while buying a counterfeit product made in a shitty factory. Jesus.

D

d4m.test

I love this watch in 40 and 45. Some color bursts are truer to gen in 40mm but I picked the two I liked the best blue and olive. My best friend hasn't taken his off until he got a Portuguese 2 days ago. I'm a huge fan of these watches cosmetically and movement has been rock solid. He even rescued his dog in a lake with the watch on and zero damage done except the band looks very vintage now.

May I ask you for a short review of the 40mm version that you have? I liked the one you did on the Glashutte Senator Excellence and as there are none in the forum ATM it would probably help out several members!

D

d4m.test

Now imagine dealing with these anal guys M2M. Lol.

Expecting workmanship while buying a counterfeit product made in a shitty factory. Jesus.

There was an interesting thread on a Gen forum about the exact same thing. In the end as long as you spend any sum of money you are entitled to your expectations with the final quality of the product. If these expectations are realistic or not is another matter of course. Thing with most of these replicas is that there are quality pieces available from time to time, certainly worth the money paid, but unfortunately it's not the norm given the working conditions you mentioned in your post.

mikeski1

Known Member
10/8/13
I agree that with reps now costing 500 dollars you should be getting straight markers and better qc you have to remember they are only here for our money not the goodness of their heart and they will do what it takes to get that money. if every single person rejected a crooked marker you think there gonna go home and not make reps anymore, no there gonna fix that damn marker.

D

d4m.test

May I ask you for a short review of the 40mm version that you have? I liked the one you did on the Glashutte Senator Excellence and as there are none in the forum ATM it would probably help out several members!

Yes sure. I would be happy to. I am waiting on a lengthy delivery from @torobravo so am again not with them in hand and these are not black/white dial so I would prefer to have them in hand (olive and blue on the way) but I'm happy to do one as a stop gap in a similar manner to how I did it for the glashutte.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Very quickly diameter 40mm on both, stated thickness on genuine 11.8mm, stated replica thickness 11.5mm (perhaps TB could confirm), dome glass and crown 1:1, the caseback is pretty good perhaps the etch quality on the replica could be criticized slightly, the dial color in gray is very close, the numerals are close to perfect as expected given how excellent V6F got the same dial on the 45mm and despite some back and forth the star on the dial is 1:1 best I can see. I'm posting a couple of pictures here and will do a more thorough job in the next day or so. I'm doing this away from computer using some pretty crude techniques but I loved this replica enough to reorder it twice. I can't speak to other colors with the same degree of confidence but the gray is pretty perfect.
87be3ea0df0bd3fd2336d814104227a1.jpg
185b3260094539e67b1b7acd5d5dcaa1.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Very quickly diameter 40mm on both, stated thickness on genuine 11.8mm, stated replica thickness 11.5mm (perhaps TB could confirm), dome glass and crown 1:1, the caseback is pretty good perhaps the etch quality on the replica could be criticized slightly, the dial color in gray is very close, the numerals are close to perfect as expected given how excellent V6F got the same dial on the 45mm and despite some back and forth the star on the dial is 1:1 best I can see. I'm posting a couple of pictures here and will do a more thorough job in the next day or so. I'm doing this away from computer using some pretty crude techniques but I loved this replica enough to reorder it twice. I can't speak to other colors with the same degree of confidence but the gray is pretty perfect.
87be3ea0df0bd3fd2336d814104227a1.jpg
185b3260094539e67b1b7acd5d5dcaa1.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Sent from the RWI Appgen on top.

D

d4m.test

Sloppy gen on top rep on bottom. Have 9 photos of key specs but too hard from mobile to piece together be back shortly

kaio85

Horology Curious
13/6/17
Hello everyone. I recently bought the blue 40mm pilot. And I think the star is a slightly brighter than the gen and the hands are slightly darker than the gen. But overall it looks great.

D

d4m.test

Sent from the RWI App

Thank you very much! Looking forward to the rest of the review! According to measurements done earlier in this thread thickness appears to be 12.09mm which matches gen (off by a hair). Also mentioned before, lug to lug is 49mm.

Btw, if it's ok for you, your review could be used in the super-rep / NWBIG thread to state the case of including this piece in the list.

D

d4m.test

Thank you very much! Looking forward to the rest of the review! According to measurements done earlier in this thread thickness appears to be 12.09mm which matches gen (off by a hair). Also mentioned before, lug to lug is 49mm.

Btw, if it's ok for you, your review could be used in the super-rep / NWBIG thread to state the case of including this piece in the list.

Yes absolutely look for the remainder tonight. Would it be simpler if I created a new thread and linked it here? Chrono24 cited 11.8mm and 2 TDs had 11.5mm listed but again I was in transit. I will be stationary and more detailed when I return. Today I am closing on a haunted house in NJ that will require more than a minimal cosmetic lift so for all the NJ RWI folk looking for a fun project and a beach house you're cordially invited to help me trash the place and spruce up the 1913 finishings! Those interested have a permanent invite to the haunted house in sandyhook!:)

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Yes absolutely look for the remainder tonight. Would it be simpler if I created a new thread and linked it here? Chrono24 cited 11.8mm and 2 TDs had 11.5mm listed but again I was in transit. I will be stationary and more detailed when I return. Today I am closing on a haunted house in NJ that will require more than a minimal cosmetic lift so for all the NJ RWI folk looking for a fun project and a beach house you're cordially invited to help me trash the place and spruce up the 1913 finishings! Those interested have a permanent invite to the haunted house in sandyhook!:)

Sent from the RWI App

Yeah, probably it would be easier also for future members to look it up via the search function!