• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are "Vietnam dials"?

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Do you do doodoo do doodoo - wtf ?

It's not just similar it's the same print - the same dial.

LOL back at you Broski !

It's my way of laughing it off - not gonna argue with you over this. You have great knowledge and do good work so I'll leave it at that. And FYI I've never sold anyone a $750 dial so get your facts straight.

And if you can get a dial like this for $150 PLEASE let me know I'll buy 20 of them immediately. Thx!

d3970ff7cdc36bca71147f40e55b3519.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's my way of laughing it off - not gonna argue with you over this. You have great knowledge and do good work so I'll leave it at that. And FYI I've never sold anyone a $750 dial so get your facts straight.

And if you can get a dial like this for $150 PLEASE let me know I'll buy 20 of them immediately. Thx!

d3970ff7cdc36bca71147f40e55b3519.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It talks bullshit.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread

I didn't say you sold them for $750, I said that you tried to pass them off as something worth $750

Dial's OK- looks like a Ming - what's he want for these - $275 plus shipping ?

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
I didn't say you sold them for $750, I said that you tried to pass them off as something worth $750

Dial's OK- looks like a Ming - what's he want for these - $275 plus shipping ?

$750 for a rep dial?!?!? Wow that seems like a lot... How do they age a dial for 2 years? What exactly is the process... Do you just print it and stick it in the backyard?? Let it age like fine wine? Maybe you can try blowing cigar smoke on it? I read that works too..

pavalov

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/6/17

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
DW doesn't exist anymore (getting tired of reiterating this time and time again)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
I've seen dung chrono selling dials as recent as last month. You can get tonny dials from gan_antique on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
In the rep world there are only two kinds of people: There is predator and prey and you have to kind of decide, which am I going to be?.
Shady parts are just BS, you gotta love this forum.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Sorry man, want some water?

Have a little respect, Retina has been here a long time. You've just arrived and if you'd done more reading you would know that DW disappeared many years ago with his fists full of his customers money and no watches delivered.

Reactions: rwacc

pavalov

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/6/17
Have a little respect, Retina has been here a long time. You've just arrived and if you'd done more reading you would know that DW disappeared many years ago with his fists full of his customers money and no watches delivered.

I did not mean to be disrespectful at all despite the silly joke. People need to respect each other doesnt matter how long they've been around.

Besides, I wasn't able to perform a search on DW.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I did not mean to be disrespectful at all despite the silly joke. People need to respect each other doesnt matter how long they've been around.

Besides, I wasn't able to perform a search on DW.

DW disappeared a long time ago, so any info is completely out of date - the quality of his watches live on in the form of legend though.

You seem to have an overly simplistic view of the concept of respect, but whatever. . .

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
So far the most expensive dial I've bought is a custom one from hr, not true gilt but to my untrained eyes it looks nice and cost about $150 including matching hands, I

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

indyberetta

Renowned Member
16/6/07
Houston, Texas USA
Who makes the best gilt dials? I have a gen 1962 5513 that has a service dial in it currently. It needs a nice gilt dial. Dark lord? How do you contact him?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Who makes the best gilt dials? I have a gen 1962 5513 that has a service dial in it currently. It needs a nice gilt dial. Dark lord? How do you contact him?

Rolex make the best gilt dials - expect to pay between $3500 & $5000. Everything else is just a fake.
If you want to contact Dark Lord, first you'll need to sell your soul, followed by your butt hole.

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
I read on rwg that somebody paid $1800.00 for a dial from 'the dark lord', that is a lot of money and at the end of the day still a rep dial, if your going to get a rep gilt dial you may as well get one from minq and keep hold of your service dial in case you ever sell the watch , they look pretty decent to the naked eye unless you have super loupe like vision

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sishac

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Can't we all just play well together? People throw the word "respect" around like it was candy. Respect is earned, not just given lightly.

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Fact of the matter is MQ charges a LOT for his dials. That's up to the buyer to decide whether its worth it or not. And no, you cannot get the same on eBay. Tonny/gan_antique is the only one that sells on eBay, his dials are around the $200 - $250 mark.

This is straight from an email to MQ.

V

We have Rolex Dial GMT Ref 1675 Pointy Crown Guard Tropical Chapter Ring Gilt Dial Stock #61-DG . Price 700USD
http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy...ial+Rolex+1675&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Price for Rolex Dial GMT Ref 1675 White Lume is 350USD
http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy...ial+Rolex+1675&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

His Gilt dials all cost in the $600-$700 range. Even a normal matte dial from him costs $350, when you can get it from Tonny for about $150. A fake dial may not be "worth" that much of course - but if you really want it, that's the only place your gonna get it buddy.

Reactions: rwacc