• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Awesome! Definitely count me in for one as well when it’s ready!

After receiving my 2000v the other day I am also disappointed in the bracelet feel... Definitely feels light, flimsy and sharp edges. Has anyone smoothed the bracelet out or have anyone to refer that could clean it up?

Put it in a zip lock back with a little squirt of mineral oil (baby oil is the same thing but with a perfume) and then roll the strap around in that for an hour. Take it out and remove the excess oil with paper towel. It makes a big difference.

myvacheron972

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/21
Hello everyone V8F is making ultra thin in 4 different colors : white / black/ grey/ blue

could someone tell me the difference with XF ? it's cost 100$ less
v8F seems thicker 40*9

Reactions: applez

Cgentile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/21
Put it in a zip lock back with a little squirt of mineral oil (baby oil is the same thing but with a perfume) and then roll the strap around in that for an hour. Take it out and remove the excess oil with paper towel. It makes a big difference.

You’re telling me that’ll smooth the edges? It’s not stiff, just rough edges... Any one that holds this thing would instantly know it’s a rep just off how sharp the edge of links are.

primary reason why I’m so interested in the rubber strap. Would buy a genuine one if it was the same size.

Last edited:

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
You’re telling me that’ll smooth the edges? It’s not stiff, just rough edges... Any one that holds this thing would instantly know it’s a rep just off how sharp the edge of links are.

primary reason why I’m so interested in the rubber strap. Would buy a genuine one if it was the same size.

I have a gen rubber strap on mine and it fits great, all you need to do is call up Vacheron and ask for the thin rubber strap which fits the 2000V.

madex

19/7/18
I have a gen rubber strap on mine and it fits great, all you need to do is call up Vacheron and ask for the thin rubber strap which fits the 2000V.

Hey,
I just called them and they are asking for a case number or for a model number. Do you know which number that would be?
Thank you :)

Anadrol5

14/10/18

There must be a significant difference in manufacturing quality between the latest batches of this watch and when it first came out. I bought this watch about 3 weeks after it was first released and I dont have any of the issues with the bracelet you talk about. In fact, the bracelet was the most impressive aspect of this watch.

A few posts back a memeber also mentioned the unsightly rounded edges on the bezel on the lastest batch.This is definitely a regression. You would think that quality would become better as time passes. Thats the rep game I suppose.

Cgentile

24/2/21
There must be a significant difference in manufacturing quality between the latest batches of this watch and when it first came out. I bought this watch about 3 weeks after it was first released and I dont have any of the issues with the bracelet you talk about. In fact, the bracelet was the most impressive aspect of this watch.

A few posts back a memeber also mentioned the unsightly rounded edges on the bezel on the lastest batch.This is definitely a regression. You would think that quality would become better as time passes. Thats the rep game I suppose.

Unfortunately for me this seems to be the case... I’m new to the rep scene and this was my first purchase, and I can’t say I’m overly impressed after receiving it.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
One more thing to remember, sometime the gen also comes with rough edges, and will only slowly smooth out after many wears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madex

19/7/18
Hey,
I just called them and they are asking for a case number or for a model number. Do you know which number that would be?
Thank you :)

2000V/120G-B122
would this be the correct reference number to get me the fitting strap ?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
2000V/120G-B122
would this be the correct reference number to get me the fitting strap ?

Why not try to get the rubber for mks’ overseas see if it fits ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The mks is the second gen Overseas and doesn't have the quick change strap system.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
HQ comparison pics with the BP overseas (with gen dial). The Calatrava cross isn't as good (and mine is crooked lol), but man is this a phenomenal watch. Finished much better than the BP.

majwilliams0308 I bought the 2000V and am so impressed that it has made me want a 4500V. I'm concerned that you say the BP isn't finished as well. Will I be disappointed if I order a BP (brown dial)? Is it that far off from the XF 2000V?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

May I ask you how much did you pay for the gen rubber? What are you using as clasp?

Cgentile

24/2/21
After spending some time with the watch, it’s definitely grown on me.

My initial complaints were directed towards the bracelet but after some wrist time, it is much more impressive than expected.

The quick release for exchanging straps works flawlessly on mine and the micro adjustment (that I didn’t even know existed originally lol) is very impressive.

I’ll claim ignorance on my initial opinion of it feeling cheap.

Another item I didn’t take into account was the thinness of the bracelet. It is considerably thinner than a standard SS bracelet, hence it feeling lighter.

So aside from the rough edges which have smoothed out slightly, or maybe I’ve just gotten used to them, I give the bracelet a 9/10 and the watch an 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Cgentile

24/2/21
Steel buckle? Or gold buckle?

Well the Strap was $280 and the buckle was $830. . . So at $830 that damn thing better be white gold lol

You also have the option to purchase each separately.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
majwilliams0308 I bought the 2000V and am so impressed that it has made me want a 4500V. I'm concerned that you say the BP isn't finished as well. Will I be disappointed if I order a BP (brown dial)? Is it that far off from the XF 2000V?

Its same thickness as gen, but it's thicker than the ultra thin (11.5mm vs 8.8mm).

The dials are not nearly as well done as gen on BP, except for the silver dial. However the markers and hands should be smoked and not polished, and BP got that detail wrong.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Its same thickness as gen, but it's thicker than the ultra thin (11.5mm vs 8.8mm).

The dials are not nearly as well done as gen on BP, except for the silver dial. However the markers and hands should be smoked and not polished, and BP got that detail wrong.

How does the case finishing and bracelet compare to the XF quality?