• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Haha, I finally got the ball to open the case and do this today with my other VC. Just wanna let you know that it is an easy success :)

Glad to hear that. I was happy as well to see that is not a big issue after all. Since then I molykote'd probably about 40 to 50 rotors and it never disappointed me so far.

Love the 2000V and would also appreciate strap options, but the market is likely rather slim for that, so perhaps might be hard to get one other than gen.

nanners13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/20
Rather than starting a whole thread I hope someone may be able to help here, are the links in the 2000v bracelet the same as the ones on the 4500v? I just got a grey dial 2000v and its a bit tight and just need one more link and was hoping I could broaden my search to include 4500v links. Thanks!

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Rather than starting a whole thread I hope someone may be able to help here, are the links in the 2000v bracelet the same as the ones on the 4500v? I just got a grey dial 2000v and its a bit tight and just need one more link and was hoping I could broaden my search to include 4500v links. Thanks!

The bracelet of the 2000V is not as thick. This is a thin bracelet to match the thinness of the watch. Here is a link shot.

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
Just placed my order for the 2000v
looking forward and will share my experience

nanners13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/20
The bracelet of the 2000V is not as thick. This is a thin bracelet to match the thinness of the watch.

Yup that's what I was afraid of, luckily though I was able to find the link I needed. Such a lovely watch to wear all day. :thumbup:

Kinvig74

Looking Around
24/6/17
Hello, I've asked a few tds and strap makers (steveo, Jacobs, Zizac) about changing bracelet for strap on the xf 2000v and they've all said no can do. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
SMP_lover , any interest in taking on this project?

Yes definitely. This watch checks all the boxes for me. it is a quality rep, made by XF (i love XF it's in my top 3 factories) so i expect it to have solid finish and very close to gen specs in what concerns the strap attachment. I really like this model, the thin one, although it's still a fantasy one as the gen comes only in precious metal in this thin case. And finally i see that there is enough interest for a strap.

Next question : " When"

So let me give an honest and realistic timeline.

We're now swamped with orders, gotta clear the backlog, covid pandemic isn't helping either with huge logistic delays. I will order the watch this week and hopefully will get it by January. From there i will need about a month for the insert till i will be able to show the strap prototype. Throw in 2 more weeks for any eventual delays and we're in mid February.

So mid february is when we're able to start taking orders for these straps.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Yes definitely. This watch checks all the boxes for me. it is a quality rep, made by XF (i love XF it's in my top 3 factories) so i expect it to have solid finish and very close to gen specs in what concerns the strap attachment. I really like this model, the thin one, although it's still a fantasy one as the gen comes only in precious metal in this thin case. And finally i see that there is enough interest for a strap.

Next question : " When"

So let me give an honest and realistic timeline.

We're now swamped with orders, gotta clear the backlog, covid pandemic isn't helping either with huge logistic delays. I will order the watch this week and hopefully will get it by January. From there i will need about a month for the insert till i will be able to show the strap prototype. Throw in 2 more weeks for any eventual delays and we're in mid February.

So mid february is when we're able to start taking orders for these straps.

Very exciting. You have an order from me right away!

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
SMP_lover Very excited to hear you will be making straps for this watch.
I hope you can make it as close to gen spec as possible in the lovely dark grey colour that it comes with on the gen.
baa138e6dad39034f1b9d7600ef0a227.jpg
ea4df712198e30d3c2f84decac7865b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeBron

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
While we're at it, we have to figure out what buckle/clasp to use on those leather straps and more importantly where to source those buckles/clasps

Reactions: Fergulator72

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
+1 from me, too.

I also had a somewhat decent clasp from one of Aliexpress' VCO rubber straps, but I'm not aware whether or not these are purchasable separately and reasonably.

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
Hi Guys

Received my XF 2000v and I'm happy and all good also with the outstanding service from Li / JTime.

One question about the color of the dial.
The XF has a brown touch .
On some pictures of the gen VC I see more a touch of grey .
For sure , pictures do not show always the reality ;)

Can somebody advise here ? Is the brown touch a big flaws ?

Thanks
Your doctor .. Zoidberg