• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay Fifty Eight 39mm BLUE ZF

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Yep, it's off, I guess they did this without having the gen sample in hands.

Reactions: johnlogan

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
looks quite good, not sure about the classical issue of lume colour on hands and indices being different, will wait to see better pics, but this looks like it might have the issue

the blues are pretty good the bezel is brighter blue and the dial more aged blue. Tudors pics look like an aged blue all around, but not the case in videos I've seen

some good pics in this article

https://tudorcollector.com/rosstalks/blue-seas-and-blue-dials-the-tudor-black-bay-58-navy-blue/

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
crown tube is still too long, I guess I will wait for the v2, hope they also fix the quality of the bracelet and hands. My Tudor bracelet was sharp as fuck. Sadly zf qc on Tudor is trash.

Reactions: LaPavel

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Just ordered from trustytime. Looks cool to me for the money ! Will post qc for y’all when I get

Reactions: Jayalvin777

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
crown tube is still too long, I guess I will wait for the v2, hope they also fix the quality of the bracelet and hands. My Tudor bracelet was sharp as fuck. Sadly zf qc on Tudor is trash.

What makes you think that? Crown tube length looks much improved in this shot.

7d242a342a15633aaddcfe11fcfa207d.jpg

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
What makes you think that? Crown tube length looks much improved in this shot.

7d242a342a15633aaddcfe11fcfa207d.jpg

Check the other TD pictures. The thing with previous zf bb tudors is that there are some with long and short tube, I have had both versions in the past. Pretty sure they will be using all the same parts as before but I hope I'm wrong because this is one of the watches I want the most atm.

interbeing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/19
I think the crown tube is fine. Here is an example of a gen:

Z5N4n3.png

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Here is my gen in a similar angle to the puretime picture.

PURETIME:
Z5dops.jpg

GEN:
Noone would ever call you out on this. A bargain deal. Pop in a gen ETA movement and enjoy a superrep. Not sure how well they got the Blue color but on the gen it has 1000 different tones depending on the light, even if I saw the ZF out in the wild, I probably wouldn't be able to tell it's a rep based on the colours.

supercorg

Horology Curious
15/10/19
Here is my gen in a similar angle to the puretime picture.

PURETIME:
Z5dops.jpg

GEN:
Noone would ever call you out on this. A bargain deal. Pop in a gen ETA movement and enjoy a superrep. Not sure how well they got the Blue color but on the gen it has 1000 different tones depending on the light, even if I saw the ZF out in the wild, I probably wouldn't be able to tell it's a rep based on the colours.

I’ve actually thought about building a limited run (maybe 5 or so) of these with a gen ETA or Sellita movement and the correct 2 position setting lever spring to eliminate the useless middle spot since there’s no date on the 58. Would be an absolute crusher of a rep.

Sent from the RWI App

Splitbean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/20
UK
Just ordered from trustytime. Looks cool to me for the money ! Will post qc for y’all when I get
Let me know how it goes, I'd order rn but I'm unsure about the lume colour on the hands compared to hour markers. My bb36 has that issue.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
People are too far apart when it comes to the blue. WC pics might bridge that gap.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Let me know how it goes, I'd order rn but I'm unsure about the lume colour on the hands compared to hour markers. My bb36 has that issue.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about daytime lume color or glowing lume color? The daytime lume color on the QC pics above looks close between dial and hands.

What factory is your BB36?