• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor Black Bay 58 in Blue!

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
It’s very good. I own the gen black version and the bezel click is truly astoundingly realistic. Very hard to discern differences in case shape, crystal, design.

lume is applied quite unevenly. My 9 o’clock hour marker is a bit off compared to 3 and 6. Lume wasn’t applied thickly enough I think is the issue. Also, it has a ghost date and screwing the crown back in is a little rough but not bad at all.

the seconds hand sweep is smoother than my gen.

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
It’s very good. I own the gen black version and the bezel click is truly astoundingly realistic. Very hard to discern differences in case shape, crystal, design.

lume is applied quite unevenly. My 9 o’clock hour marker is a bit off compared to 3 and 6. Lume wasn’t applied thickly enough I think is the issue. Also, it has a ghost date and screwing the crown back in is a little rough but not bad at all.

the seconds hand sweep is smoother than my gen.

good observations

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
On my version, it looks like the used a completely different index at 9 o’clock. I’m raging I didn’t pick this up on qc. Otherwise it would be perfect

Alex22

12/2/18
I'm not a big connoisseur of gen or Tudor rep but it seems great to me. do you think it can be almost a super rep? between this and the black BB58 there should be no difference, right? the movement is also reliable?

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
The movement seems great. It has a ghost date but the sweep is smoother than my gen. I don’t get hung up on minor perfections but the fact they used a different marker and lume at 9’oclock is really annoying me. However, I’ve looked at others qc picks and it’s not a common issue. It all depends on how close the colours are. Side by side, if close, then yea it could be considered a super rep.

Alex22

12/2/18
it looks really nice. I want to understand well what defects there can be and in case I will take it. how is the bracelet?

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
The bracelet initially felt a little squeaky and lightweight. I don’t own a gen to compare it too. But after spending some time with it, it’s actually super. SELs are good, it articulates well and is extremely comfortable on wrist. Sizing it was a piece of cake and I got a really good size on it. Finishing on the bracelet is excellent and the clasp is brilliantly executed. The safety clasp is solid and very flush with the bracelet. It’s very impressive.

The big questions is the dial and bezel colour. Is it a close match. I don’t know. But I am delighted with how this watch looks and operates. You could buy 3 of these for the cost of the gen bracelet alone. For €300, you can’t go wrong.

Reactions: Venniz

I_am_Twan

Horology Curious
19/12/20
After much looking up, I think this will be my first rep watch. Hope the 39mm will not be to small tough.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1903 met Tapatalk

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
The movement seems great. It has a ghost date but the sweep is smoother than my gen. I don’t get hung up on minor perfections but the fact they used a different marker and lume at 9’oclock is really annoying me. However, I’ve looked at others qc picks and it’s not a common issue. It all depends on how close the colours are. Side by side, if close, then yea it could be considered a super rep.

I can't really tell... The index bar looks kind of thinner. Is that it?
EDIT: Ok yeah it looks thinner because of the amount (less) of lume applied.

Last edited:

Adaxa123

Known Member
1/2/20
I just received mine yesterday. Absolutely beautiful watch. It's also great how the color changes depending on the lighting.

Reactions: Thrasher

gashers82

1/1/14
Mine also came this week, very happy with it :D
Z6K8b1.jpg

I think it makes a good addition to the family (the RADO may raise a few eyebrows though!)
Z6KpKc.jpg

Reactions: chentepilot

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It is a very well made watch indeed, I'm very impressed by ZF with this release! My expectations are very low with their watches, but this one is a pleasant surprise.

IMG-20210114-004556.jpg

I think that this is size is perfect for an 18.5cm wrist.

Last edited:

gashers82

1/1/14
Unless the crystal is spotless, I get ghosting from the hands. Is that normal with this model?
Z6xu0L.jpg

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I got mine just before CNY.

ZTHm53.jpg

A nice rep for sure, but 3 issues I wanted to be resolved.

The first is the three-position crown, as there is no date on the movement, it should be 2. Plus when you set the time, you can hear the click over of the date as they (in my example) using a standard Asian 2824.

Solution - Put a top grade Swiss ETA movement in, and change over the ETA spring for a 2 position, rather than 3. JOB DONE ;-)

ZTHjSc.jpg

ZTHZPI.jpg

Problem 2 - crappy thin spring bars, so I had some play on the bracelet. I had a couple of OEM Rolex Daytona spring bars on hand, and despite being thicker, they fitted through the end links (just about!) worked and fixed the problem. Highly recommended!

ZTHa0n.jpg

Problem 3 - The bezel, it has a spongy feel and a lot of play. Any suggestions to fix this would be most welcome!

Next upgrade - I may send off to ProfSteve for double AR to give the dial some more pop!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I got mine just before CNY.

ZTHm53.jpg

A nice rep for sure, but 3 issues I wanted to be resolved.

The first is the three-position crown, as there is no date on the movement, it should be 2. Plus when you set the time, you can hear the click over of the date as they (in my example) using a standard Asian 2824.

Solution - Put a top grade Swiss ETA movement in, and change over the ETA spring for a 2 position, rather than 3. JOB DONE ;-)

ZTHjSc.jpg

ZTHZPI.jpg

Problem 2 - crappy thin spring bars, so I had some play on the bracelet. I had a couple of OEM Rolex Daytona spring bars on hand, and despite being thicker, they fitted through the end links (just about!) worked and fixed the problem. Highly recommended!

ZTHa0n.jpg

Problem 3 - The bezel, it has a spongy feel and a lot of play. Any suggestions to fix this would be most welcome!

Next upgrade - I may send off to ProfSteve for double AR to give the dial some more pop!

Its nice to see people not just complaining about problems but fixing them the two position crown fix is brilliant.

Reactions: THXuk