• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor BB GMT vs Gen (Pepsi)

EazyVG

Horology Curious
12/12/18
Well, eventually I declined 2 watches, last one having major DW issues, misaligned arrows and well, really bad. TD said that they have been very bad lately. So I asked the TD to keep the money and shall order once V2 arrives, hopefully within couple months by ZF with much better quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeanh77

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Well, eventually I declined 2 watches, last one having major DW issues, misaligned arrows and well, really bad. TD said that they have been very bad lately. So I asked the TD to keep the money and shall order once V2 arrives, hopefully within couple months by ZF with much better quality.
Your TD confirm that a v2 is coming soon?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Looking at the video I am digging the bezel click. Looks like it turns nicely. Mine is very hard to turn. And especially when its cold, the bezel need a lot of force to turn it. Not very gen like.

+1 mine also very hard to turn. But how i solve it i turn the bezel like 30 minutes every morning. Now its goes well lol. Its like how you "break in" a rubik's cube.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
ICHS I can live with, but how sunken is the sunken dw in real life. Is this fixable?

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
I loved it anyways but had a bit the feeling that it is to thick for my wrist. Hopefully they will made a 39mm and I will get the gen directly :p.
had a look at the steinhart ocean gmt vintage. Looks good as well and is 39mm.
cheers

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Does anyone have a Black Bay GMT and an Omega ceramic Planet ocean 42mm? Is it possible to see those two side by side from the front and side (for thickness)? Really thinking about getting the Tudor GMT, but never seen one in the metal. Having the CRPO 42mm for more than a year now, its size is the upper limit for my my taste (and mostly my wrist size). As a lot of people are complaining about the GMT's thickness, I'm a bit confused.. Thanks!

Glubbbb

Horology Curious
2/4/19
This is my review of the watch a year on:

The good:
  • Watch visually looks & feels great
  • Have never been called out even by "watch guys"
  • I've been asked "are you wearing a Rolex" more times than "nice watch
The bad:
  • As soon as the watch arrived I set the time and the hands literally fell off, I had to take it to a watchmaker to get it repaired
  • A week after owning it, the micro-adjustment screw completely broke and the strap wouldn't stay together, I had to send it back to the TD for repair because he couldn't send a screw apparently.
  • It is not accurate - I don't know how far off but it is defiantly fast by a noticeable amount, every few days I have to reset the time
  • The bracelet scratches super easily
  • The GMT hand is really hard to set, when you move it it sticks to the hour hand
  • The bezel is misaligned by half a click
  • The bezel is not smooth at all and is super difficult to change
  • The worse part of the watch is the date wheel, about 4 months in the date just got stuck halfway between days and has been like this since, this is by far the worst issue as the others can be ignored, ironically this is actually a very common issue with the gens too.

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Nice comparising, im still thinking whether i should get this one or just a blue version.
maybe the new one when it gets repped as well as this one

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
wJ23y.jpg

Watches before chicks 8) !

Fireman6976

Known Member
1/9/20
Update...just receive mine today from PureTime and the bracelet inaccuracies have all been resolved. The ending and clasp are now 100% spot on

Fireman6976

Known Member
1/9/20
Sorry for the typo...the end link has been corrected as has the clasp. For what it’s worth my 1st qc was perfect and my date wheel is perfectly aligned with an instant snap over at midnight. Bezel feels great as well.
Also, the sunken date on mine is absolutely minimal as well

they obviously had some running changes with this model...as The z factory has been known to do.

this is my favorite rep currently. Absolutely NWBIG other tha. The ichs which doesn’t bother me a bit

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Sorry for the typo...the end link has been corrected as has the clasp. For what it’s worth my 1st qc was perfect and my date wheel is perfectly aligned with an instant snap over at midnight. Bezel feels great as well.
Also, the sunken date on mine is absolutely minimal as well

they obviously had some running changes with this model...as The z factory has been known to do.

this is my favorite rep currently. Absolutely NWBIG other tha. The ichs which doesn’t bother me a bit

Post photos, otherwise we won't believe it! :D:D
Congrats for the watch! ...good to hear they did some improvements.

Just Dirk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
Just had my QC pics, very happy indeed... Big worry was the non central stack I'd seen on a few, but this is great and all pretty square... Can't wait to get it now :)
f7f7274c76f4ef4f2dd3ac6aca94e469.jpg
5ac6e81fe3dca44c8d88ca8ad56c717c.jpg
759b0ee24ce97095da2c47d69305a12d.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk