• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Dont you think the lume color difference is there?

If you got a watch from the first batch, the lume difference isnt a problem, its just the way the watch is.
From the crown tube lenght i think this is from the latest batch, so there shouldn’t be lume diference. Also my eyes dont see the difference in the pictures. Markers look aligned. I would accep it.

Reactions: muNdIAGn

muNdIAGn

Horology Curious
12/4/18
If you got a watch from the first batch, the lume difference isnt a problem, its just the way the watch is.
From the crown tube lenght i think this is from the latest batch, so there shouldn’t be lume diference. Also my eyes dont see the difference in the pictures. Markers look aligned. I would accep it.

Here's what some poster here posted few months ago that has a lume difference:

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-8a7beb-1550417223.jpeg.html

Yours doesn't look like that

Yes, The batch indeed is different, i have gone through all the 40 pages before i placed my first order here. Technically there shouldn't be a lume issue, But don't you think in a process of making it white, they made it super white?

Maybe its just me?

Either way i have asked them to send me clearer pictures. Wait have to wait.

Reactions: carbonized

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Theres no lume issue in that watch. The older batches were much more different. I would accept it

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
If it now super white I suppose all the second batch will be like this.. Better this way than before but I think it is very lightning depending so I won't bother too much about it. I am planning to order one as well

Inviato dal mio LG-H870DS utilizzando Tapatalk

Colours

Horology Curious
14/4/19
I don't think cRaghav is talking about the lume and the hands necessarily being different from one another - but from the GEN. Bear in mind that our perception of colour is going to be radically affected by the monitors we're viewing this on, but to me, the pictures in the QC preview seem to show a much brighter white lume than on the GEN. I think this is what he's talking about.

muNdIAGn

Horology Curious
12/4/18
I don't think cRaghav is talking about the lume and the hands necessarily being different from one another - but from the GEN. Bear in mind that our perception of colour is going to be radically affected by the monitors we're viewing this on, but to me, the pictures in the QC preview seem to show a much brighter white lume than on the GEN. I think this is what he's talking about.

That is exactly what i am talking about. The lume seems to be too white.

Should i ask for another watch?

fuzzmex

2/9/17

That is exactly what i am talking about. The lume seems to be too white.

Should i ask for another watch?

Having looked at quite a few pictures of gen watches, I noticed that whenever the gold metal of the hands is clearly visible/accentuated (either through lighting or whatever post image processing) the lume appears to be a more creamy white.
In pictures where this isn't the case the lume appears to be whiter.
Just saying that image processing and -as someone already remarked- even the monitor settings you're using can make noticable differences.
Perhaps they have overdone it a bit and it is slightly too white now, but it is certainly a big improvement over the difference in lume colour of hands and markers of the previous batch.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I got confirmation from a td that zf improved the crown lenght and lume/marker mismatch in this latest batch. Also i notice better printing in the dial compared to the one I bought as soon as it was released. I would rather have a matching lume, even if its more white than gen.
I also have the gmt pepsi from ZF. The quality of this pieces is amazing in my opinion. Good job ZF.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I've had my ZF 58 since the end of Jan, and I can say the I'm very happy with it. Its fast become my everyday watch. Multiple times I've gone and compared it to a Gen in the stores and neither I/the salesperson can tell the different.
Talking about wearing and showing off a rep at an AD (store salesman ect) is means for a ban from this forum

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
I got confirmation from a td that zf improved the crown lenght and lume/marker mismatch in this latest batch. Also i notice better printing in the dial compared to the one I bought as soon as it was released. I would rather have a matching lume, even if its more white than gen.
I also have the gmt pepsi from ZF. The quality of this pieces is amazing in my opinion. Good job ZF.
Which td confirmed this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

muNdIAGn

Horology Curious
12/4/18
Hello Everyone, I had asked puretime to send me clearer pictures in bright light to check the accuracy. This is what I got, I approved.

Vc4KbA.jpg

Vc4pqQ.jpg

Vc4vMf.jpg

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
The tube looks definitely improved! Wow :dribble: