• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone else get an email from Andrew about the recent COVID LOCKDOWN?

Dimewise

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/14
Looks like 2 weeks minimum added to the wait time.

Payment was already sent on my end...

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I got the e mail. My watch is apparently already in the States but no where to be found yet. :(

dk2852

2/2/22
Yes. I have one package that has been stuck in China for a month, and waiting on QC for another watch for 3 weeks now.

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
According to Bloomberg, the only "lockdown" is presently in Shanghai. The AP has an article about Guangzhou (largest city in the Guangdong Province) yesterday describing new limitations on travel into or out of the city; as well as city-wide testing being implemented. Seems to me, any purchase shipped prior to Monday (Apr 11) in Guangzhou (or Shenzhen for that matter) should already be on its way out of China. https://apnews.com/article/covid-health-business-guangzhou-beijing-e4c1df45c9906cd6818ddeee4d855b3e

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Yep - don't expect any movement any time soon. Whether they are in lockdown or not everything has stalled.

I have been waiting for tracking for over three weeks now - still no word... I ask the question and get the copy and paste 'let me check' and then nothing....

The most painful thing is that the two watches were ordered in January!!! But lots had to be rejected for things like pearls hanging off....

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
dk2852 / LongyUK / GoProHero - are your comments above regarding specifically your Trusty Time orders, or your orders from other TDs as well?

dk2852

2/2/22
dk2852 / LongyUK / GoProHero - are your comments above regarding specifically your Trusty Time orders, or your orders from other TDs as well?

Mine is specifically regarding Trusty. I had a package shipped over a month ago, and the last update was March 10th, "handed over to the carrier for transportation." Nothing since then. I ordered an ARF Milgauss 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive QC on that either.

I have another order from Puretime, which shipped 10 days ago, no update on that yet.

Last edited:

babelfish

Supporter
Certified
7/1/22
EU/GER
Same here! I have received an email and there will be a certain delay. They've been in the office for the past two weeks, according to my colleagues in China. They are not allowed to go out. Probably it will last longer than we expected.

ameno

Horology Curious
10/3/22
Germany
Ordered in begin of March, still no pics from Andrew yet. I already asked 3 times and answer is still covid 19.

Reactions: dk2852

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Fear not.... Things are running slowly. I got my tracking number a few days ago.

Reactions: panchobarronr

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
Fear not.... Things are running slowly. I got my tracking number a few days ago.

AX3L

8/9/20
Italy
I placed an order on March 30th (when it was confirmed by Andrew) and up to today, April 20th, I didn't received yet QC pics.
When I asked for news, a week ago, I've been told by him it is because the Covid

dk2852

2/2/22
Received my QC today, just shy of a month.

I GL, and now wait for shipping!

Reactions: leo6929

panchobarronr

19/4/18
We all need to have patience ,with the Global recesion Andew has good deals$$$ we just have to waith

Schwartz

Horology Curious
6/2/08
Hello,
April 3, I order 1xJL 161B (JL Master Ultra Thin Moonphase) which is available according to Andrew.
2 weeks later, I ask when I will receive QC pics and I am told to wait 1 or 2 more weeks because of the lockdown.
At the end of April I ask for news, but no answer to date.
I will keep you informed.
Cordially

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19

Just wondering if your tracking number has ever shown any updates since you got it? I got my tracking number on 21/04 and it has shown only one status since which is 'Sender despatching item' which can mean that the shipping label has been created, not that it has actually been posted. I asked Andrew about it but he just told me to be patient because they are on lockdown

dk2852

2/2/22
Just wondering if your tracking number has ever shown any updates since you got it? I got my tracking number on 21/04 and it has shown only one status since which is 'Sender despatching item' which can mean that the shipping label has been created, not that it has actually been posted. I asked Andrew about it but he just told me to be patient because they are on lockdown

My package hasn't updated since April 23, and has been stuck on "departed shipping partner facility, USPS awaiting item." Other packages in China are moving, not sure what's taking this one so long.

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19
My package hasn't updated since April 23, and has been stuck on "departed shipping partner facility, USPS awaiting item." Other packages in China are moving, not sure what's taking this one so long.

Damn, well fingers crossed for all of us then

Reactions: dk2852

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
If your tracking references "USPS awaiting item...", you can go to the USPS Tracking website, enter the tracking #, and then select to receive any updates via text or email.