• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
For sure anyone buying a Gen Rolex over retail price is a complete idiot.

When I bought my Gen's the Rolex AD's had full stock, offered discount on basically all models and provided great customer service. Now they threat their customers like crap and you have to feel lucky just to get on their stupid waiting list. A visit to any AD today is boring. They have nothing as it has all been sold away to re-sellers. I am amazed that people will actually spend their time on wanting to "create a relationship" with some stupid Rolex dealer. To me anyone "begging" or degrading themselves to be allowed to buy a USD 10K watch, are just plain stupid.

As Rolex is turning away many potential customers by deliberately limited supply, I applaud and cheer on all Replica companies. I hope they make tons money off their Rolex replicas. And I truly hope that the current sick business model of Rolex will over time make Rolex and their AD's suffer badly.

Rolex has definitely created a hate following with their operations but everyone still wants one. The grey market is perpetuated by people with more money than sense and they only hurt themselves paying those ridiculous prices. Unfortunately As long as these people keep paying grey the price hype bubble won’t burst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: petethai

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
For sure anyone buying a Gen Rolex over retail price is a complete idiot.

When I bought my Gen's the Rolex AD's had full stock, offered discount on basically all models and provided great customer service. Now they threat their customers like crap and you have to feel lucky just to get on their stupid waiting list. A visit to any AD today is boring. They have nothing as it has all been sold away to re-sellers. I am amazed that people will actually spend their time on wanting to "create a relationship" with some stupid Rolex dealer. To me anyone "begging" or degrading themselves to be allowed to buy a USD 10K watch, are just plain stupid.

As Rolex is turning away many potential customers by deliberately limited supply, I applaud and cheer on all Replica companies. I hope they make tons money off their Rolex replicas. And I truly hope that the current sick business model of Rolex will over time make Rolex and their AD's suffer badly.

It's more about shooing away customers that will only buy once.
they want to establish a relationship, you get little gifts from your AD etc.

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
It's more about shooing away customers that will only buy once.
they want to establish a relationship, you get little gifts from your AD etc.

At last visit to my local AD, from where I bought 3 Rolex watches before and thought I had a fairly good relationship, I was told that if I wanted to buy a Root Beer GMT, I had to purchase another Rolex (none popular model) together with it. I was not even allowed to be put on their "waiting list", unless I agreed to buy 2 watches at the same time. I would call that extortion more than a relationship.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
At last visit to my local AD, from where I bought 3 Rolex watches before and thought I had a fairly good relationship, I was told that if I wanted to buy a Root Beer GMT, I had to purchase another Rolex (none popular model) together with it. I was not even allowed to be put on their "waiting list", unless I agreed to buy 2 watches at the same time. I would call that extortion more than a relationship.

Never heard an AD be that direct but I’m sure it’s not that uncommon.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Let's assume you are an AD and you get 100 watches in a month and you surely need to sell all off them to stay in business. You get 5 hot pieces in that 100. Every person entering the store wants only that 5 hot pieces. What would you do? Just randomly sell it anyone who walks and asks for it knowing well that he'll flip and make double of paid. Or you try to make sure other 95 pieces are also sold to keep you in business. You can't survive in business just selling hot pieces for retail. So, whatever AD is trying is to stay in business. Folks keep complaining 24/7 but all they want is hot pieces and nothing else. Every guy entering wants a Daytona, Pepsi, LV or regular Sub and if they can't get it, they vent it online.

petethai

29/11/20
Let's assume you are an AD and you get 100 watches in a month and you surely need to sell all off them to stay in business. You get 5 hot pieces in that 100. Every person entering the store wants only that 5 hot pieces. What would you do? Just randomly sell it anyone who walks and asks for it knowing well that he'll flip and make double of paid. Or you try to make sure other 95 pieces are also sold to keep you in business. You can't survive in business just selling hot pieces for retail. So, whatever AD is trying is to stay in business. Folks keep complaining 24/7 but all they want is hot pieces and nothing else. Every guy entering wants a Daytona, Pepsi, LV or regular Sub and if they can't get it, they vent it online.

Not blaming the AD's. I understand why they do as they do. Rolex themselves is to blame and I just hate what they have become and their business model. Thats and the fact that Reps are so good quality now, means I will never again buy a Gen Rolex. Just my personal point of view and take on Rolex.

I can afford buying Gens, but since Rolex does not want my money, then will send them to VSF instead :)

Last edited:

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Rolex themselves is to blame and I just hate what they have become and their business model.

How is Rolex to be blamed? They are already making highest number of watches and you really don't expect them to increase further production and kill the brand, right?

Reactions: Yogibear

victor_watch_82

Horology Curious
20/11/20
The problem is the whole "Luxus" concept. The idea is that people owning rolex are better than people owning Casio, Seiko or Certina. AD want only exclusive client to keep the image, if they allow everyone buy a rolex, then their exclusive clients will not feel exclusive anymore. Rolex is going to get the money from official sellers anyway, doesn't matter who buys it.
I have the opinion that if a hard working guy saves enough for a rolex, he/she should be able to buy it and not be hushed away.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a mit Tapatalk

petethai

29/11/20
Why do they make any undesirable models is the real question. Stop making what nobody wants would be a good start. I'm looking at you cellini.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

By deliberately not making more popular models, Rolex has themselves created the grey market where resellers hold all the stock and prices are plain stupid. AD's are slowly becoming irrelevant, unless for the customers who are into the "hype" and the resellers.

Does it affect the brand in a positiv way, that AD's are laughing at customers wanting to buy a luxury watch from them... or being extorted into buying stuff they don't want just to get the specific model? For me personally the Rolex business model, has turned me away as a customer. I will personally never buy a Gen Rolex again, as I simply can't be bothered to play their stupid game.

It is beyond my understanding why Rolex do not want their watches to be worn, instead of being put in safes around world and just looked at as an investment object. Anyway, it is their choice. But I am sure they are losing A LOT of customers with their current sales tactics.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18

Why producing 95% of watches that nobody wants in the first ?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Why producing 95% of watches that nobody wants in the first ?
The problem is that every SS model of Rolex is popular now a days but they make real profit on gold watches. So unless you are rich client of AD who buys gold Rolex all the time, you won't be offered popular SS watches.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
By deliberately not making more popular models, Rolex has themselves created the grey market where resellers hold all the stock and prices are plain stupid. AD's are slowly becoming irrelevant, unless for the customers who are into the "hype" and the resellers.

Lol. Let's see what's NOT popular Rolex in SS. You are confusing yourself with Rolex and ADs. Both are not same. ADs doing everything to survive with huge demand in SS watches whereas Rolex is producing same if not more number of watches.

Reactions: Yogibear

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I have the opinion that if a hard working guy saves enough for a rolex, he/she should be able to buy it and not be hushed away.

That's precisely is the point. There are 20 hard working guys for each Rolex. You can't sell it all 20 right? Majority will go empty handed as the demand for Rolex is bonkers compared to everything else.

victor_watch_82

Horology Curious
20/11/20
That's precisely is the point. There are 20 hard working guys for each Rolex. You can't sell it all 20 right? Majority will go empty handed as the demand for Rolex is bonkers compared to everything else.
You cannot sell them all 20. But at least one should be able to get that rolex. Why should he not be able to get the rolex if he asks before some rich guy?
I understand the system, I understand how it works, but I do not have to agree with it. I would be very disappointed if in 10 years I save enough money for a rolex and I get ignored or waved out from a seller

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
You cannot sell them all 20. But at least one should be able to get that rolex. Why should he not be able to get the rolex if he asks before some rich guy?
I understand the system, I understand how it works, but I do not have to agree with it. I would be very disappointed if in 10 years I save enough money for a rolex and I get ignored or waved out from a seller

Then you are wrong. So many new buyers get Subs all the time. If the AD is running short on deliveries and repeat customers are waiting for it, then they will be given preference. It's not rich vs poor but repeat vs new. Also 9 out 10 new users are flippers and repeat customers have a history of not flipping.

victor_watch_82

Horology Curious
20/11/20
Then you are wrong. So many new buyers get Subs all the time. If the AD is running short on deliveries and repeat customers are waiting for it, then they will be given preference. It's not rich vs poor but repeat vs new. Also 9 out 10 new users are flippers and repeat customers have a history of not flipping.
Well repeat customers are people with enough money to buy more than once a rolex. Maybe more people are getting rolex, but probably the grey market has something to do with it.
Anyway, it is the impression that I get from it.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Hmmm... seems like we are kinda off track from the buzz atm?