• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First QC Pics of the new Kermit?

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
cd21962e81183e5b60e6d0812304e948.jpg

Just received pics from GeekTime for the new 126610 Kermit.
Not asking for QC help, just wanted to share the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: torch77

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Minute hand is too long, but this is a known flaw.. Once they fixed it (v2?) I’ll pull the trigger as well.

Other than that this watch looks great.

Blancpainless

Horology Curious
10/11/20
Edit : ^ Beat me to it

Is it just me or is the minute hand slightly too long?

Either way this is a damn good release... 3235 clone, the bezel color looks 100% correct, no gaps on sides of SEL but I cant tell how good the recessing is from the pics. Absolutely insane that VSF can put out a release this good in 3 months

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the tube and crown on this watch are way off center right. Hard to imagine the stem even working in the movement with this much offset.

Zo0rJ2.jpg

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the tube and crown on this watch are way off center right. Hard to imagine the stem even working in the movement with this much offset.

Zo0rJ2.jpg
Darn, and I just approved my QCs. Oh well, live and learn.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Darn, and I just approved my QCs. Oh well, live and learn.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

I've rescinded a green light before upon discovering something significant I hadn't caught. I would ask for another dead straight on pic to rule put any possible angle off influence. But the extra gap to the left side of the crown is visible is almost all of the pics and in the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

Substar

16/9/20
I’d ask for better pics but I don’t see the same issue other than perspective giving that appearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20

Zo0rJ2.jpg

Not entirely sure what you mean, the picture is taken from a slight of angle. If you take that into consideration, it’s probably bang in the centre.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Not entirely sure what you mean, the picture is taken from a slight of angle. If you take that into consideration, it’s probably bang in the centre.

Your watch, mate, but I reckon take KJ2020's advice and ask the TD for some confirmation photos. Once you get the watch, it's a much bigger headache to deal/live with.

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Your watch, mate, but I reckon take KJ2020's advice and ask the TD for some confirmation photos. Once you get the watch, it's a much bigger headache to deal/live with.

Can you expand? Surely if the tube and crown aren’t functional then surely changing the date wouldn’t happen?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Can you expand? Surely if the tube and crown aren’t functional then surely changing the date wouldn’t happen?

I'm not referring to the functioning of the stem and movement, purely the question mark over the positioning, which can easily be confirmed by a photo taken square on. The member who suggested this is not one to overreact. It's possible the angle of the photo is all there is at play here, but if it's easy enough to confirm?...

Reactions: KJ2020

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
I'm not referring to the functioning of the stem and movement, purely the question mark over the positioning, which can easily be confirmed by a photo taken square on. The member who suggested this is not one to overreact. It's possible the angle of the photo is all there is at play here, but if it's easy enough to confirm?...

My mistake. The other member suggested it not engaging which I couldn’t quite comprehend. I will certainly ask for a square on picture.

Reactions: KJ2020

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Even at a more than a slight angle, the perspective wouldn't account for that much of a gap. You can see a noticeably larger gap on the left side of the crown in almost all of the QC pics.

ZobqVJ.jpg

interesting observation though, i wouldn't have figured that out even in my dream man!! learning a lot here in the forum from others expertise.

Reactions: Jayalvin777