• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Kack 13L0CK3R

Magnanimous Supporter
Supporter
1/4/22
CONUS

movement is great, picked this one up from trusty. Havent worn it in 2 days and its still ticking... however the bezel i recently popped of and havent gotten back on :-(

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Do you guys feel like the markers on the insert has become darker over time? I noticed today that the markers on the insert (126610LV) are kind of greyish whereas the genuine is more white. I had the genuine 126610lv but sold it since I got a good price on it and then got the VSF. But never thought anything about the insert of the markers until I started thinking of it today...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Do you guys feel like the markers on the insert has become darker over time? I noticed today that the markers on the insert (126610LV) are kind of greyish whereas the genuine is more white. I had the genuine 126610lv but sold it since I got a good price on it and then got the VSF. But never thought anything about the insert of the markers until I started thinking of it today...

Putting the watch in a ultrasonic cleaner worked wonders on all my ceramic inserts :)

Reactions: mumk

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16

I can Help you

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supporting-vendors/usd-plating

Reactions: Pizzo and mumk

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe

Warm (not hot) some soap and a soft tooth brush Will make it as good as new.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
can confirm the ultrasonic treatment lets the bezels shine like new. I put them in water with little dish soap and moderate heat at about 40-50°C to not soften the glue of the bezel pip

Reactions: leo6929

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
... so this has gotten my attention as the bezel markers on my older Noob Sub have faded (grayed) a bit. Did you remove the bezel and ultrasound it, just immerse the bezel still attached to the case, or completely submerge the whole watch in the ultrasound device? Did you use a specific fluid in the ultrasound? I tried the soft bristle toothbrush with soap to no avail. I assume after the ultrasound you had to lube the bezel and hytrel ring for proper rotation?

Thanks for any info!!

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany

Unfortunately on older bezels this may not work and since you already tried the toothbrush with soap and it didn't change anything, my guess is that ultrasonic also will not work.
I remember an ARF insert which i didn't get clean, not even a little. I assume it's because the older ones are painted and not sputter coated with metal particles. I can also imagine that on painted inserts the ultrasonic bubbles may chip the paint. Didn't happen to me but keep that in mind as a possibility if you want to try it.
I remove the whole bezel (ring and insert together) and put it into water with just dish soap, no other fluid.
The hyrtel ring doesn't necessarily need lubrication but you can put a thin coat of silicone grease on it for peace of mind :)

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS

Unfortunately on older bezels this may not work and since you already tried the toothbrush with soap and it didn't change anything, my guess is that ultrasonic also will not work.
I remember an ARF insert which i didn't get clean, not even a little. I assume it's because the older ones are painted and not sputter coated with metal particles. I can also imagine that on painted inserts the ultrasonic bubbles may chip the paint. Didn't happen to me but keep that in mind as a possibility if you want to try it.
I remove the whole bezel (ring and insert together) and put it into water with just dish soap, no other fluid.
The hyrtel ring doesn't necessarily need lubrication but you can put a thin coat of silicone grease on it for peace of mind :)

Excellent. I appreciate the info and response.
ABT

Reactions: BiH855