• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
My friend.
First of all , gen parts are currently very difficult to find if not impossible. We're talking about a watch released in September.
Then if you want to spend on mods , well , everyone does what he wants. There are about 2.700 posts and in all of them you can read that this watch is fine , take it and wear it.
I'll give you a small account of the mods:

1) Gen full Bezel 3,450 Euro
2) Gen Dial 1,400 Euros
3) Gen Xtal 450 Euro
4) Hands Set 600 Euro
5) Gen DWO 150 Euro (3135 latest model it's ok)
For the prices I have my sources........ ;)

So you would spend around 6.000 Euro for a Franken or more or less 3.000 for basic mods....?
For me it's just crazy thinking. It remains my personal opinion.... :)

Regard

Junio M.
+1. Anyone thinking to franken VSF new subs completely lost the plot. There is absolutely no need to franken these watches to get 0.01% better which is visible by only folks on this thread which you will never meet in real life. No one apart from that will understand it. Better to keep the VSF subs under $500 and enjoy the heck of it. Probably service it.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
VSF doesn’t play those games. They usually don’t screw things up.I highly doubt we will see v2 of this model anytime soon as it’s nearly perfect. They may do silent upgrade from batch to batch but there won’t be any major upgrade.

Not always no but they have done on
Some Of the omegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
VSF doesn’t play those games. They usually don’t screw things up.I highly doubt we will see v2 of this model anytime soon as it’s nearly perfect. They may do silent upgrade from batch to batch but there won’t be any major upgrade.

Not always no but they have done on
Some Of the omegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
That will make him SO happy to know you struggled to get it at the dealership! It will prove your dedication to the brand and you'll get the job. And once you're a Rolex executive, I hope you'll remember your friends back at RWI. Maybe you can send us those hard-to-get parts! :D

Hahahahahahahahahaha........ :D
Of course !
When I'm a manager of Rolly , I will give a gift , watches to all the friends of RWI.....
For you Triplock 5 of your choice. :D
And gen parts for everyone , as if it were raining.

Junio M.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
That's everything i wanted to know.. thx ????

Then everything is ok.
When you have decided which mods you will do , post some pics so we will make a comparison with the gen.
I would suggest you:

1) Gen Xtal
2) Gen Bezel (Bezel only 'cause the VSF fit the gen)
3) Gen Dial + Hands

You will spend around 3000 Euro , so no one will be able to say she is a rep.
Logically, I'm kidding . Enjoy the watch my friend.

Regard

Junio M.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
+1. Anyone thinking to franken VSF new subs completely lost the plot. There is absolutely no need to franken these watches to get 0.01% better which is visible by only folks on this thread which you will never meet in real life. No one apart from that will understand it. Better to keep the VSF subs under $500 and enjoy the heck of it. Probably service it.

Exact..... :)
Also 'cause if you really wanted a 126xx VSF 1: 1 you would have to do a job on the SEL and on the watch case. If you look at the gen and the VSF you will notice that the angle where the SEL engages is different.
So it is necessary to work on the case and the work would be very difficult.
Leaving aside the speech Bezel , Hands and bracelet.....and this is crazy.
So why throw money in the trash for small details that no one would notice ? In my opinion , the time of 3.000 Euro for Franken has come to an end if the next reps will be at these levels. Excluding perhaps 1165xxx , but with the release of new Clean Dial and Bezel , I think no one will spend 1300 on a gen dial or bezel anymore. Going back to the 126xxx VSF , the only mod I would do is change the crystal. And that's that.... ;)

Junio M.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Exact..... :)
Also 'cause if you really wanted a 126xx VSF 1: 1 you would have to do a job on the SEL and on the watch case. If you look at the gen and the VSF you will notice that the angle where the SEL engages is different.
So it is necessary to work on the case and the work would be very difficult.
Leaving aside the speech Bezel , Hands and bracelet.....and this is crazy.
So why throw money in the trash for small details that no one would notice ? In my opinion , the time of 3.000 Euro for Franken has come to an end if the next reps will be at these levels. Excluding perhaps 1165xxx , but with the release of new Clean Dial and Bezel , I think no one will spend 1300 on a gen dial or bezel anymore. Going back to the 126xxx VSF , the only mod I would do is change the crystal. And that's that.... ;)

Junio M.

junio you have some pics from the different SEL in comparison? :)

best regards

Andreas

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
junio you have some pics from the different SEL in comparison? :)

best regards

Andreas

Then
You can see the difference in these photos.
In the VSF the SEL enters almost straight.
Instead in the gen it has a slight curvature.
No one will ever notice it on the wrist , it's just in a small little detail.
It would be necessary to modify the SEL with the lathe , but it is very difficult or rather , almost impossible. :)
Then you can notice the difference between the bracelets.
The VSF has more space between one link and another (the SEL also) , the gen no.
But this is also a detail.

ZCKEWc.jpg
ZCKNlX.jpg

Junio M.

Last edited:

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Then
You can see the difference in these photos.
In the VSF the SEL enters almost straight.
Instead in the gen it has a slight curvature.
No one will ever notice it on the wrist , it's just in a small little detail.
It would be necessary to modify the SEL with the lathe , but it is very difficult or rather , almost impossible. :)
Then you can notice the difference between the bracelets.
The VSF has more space between one link and another (the SEL also) , the gen no.
But this is also a detail.

ZCKEWc.jpg
ZCKNlX.jpg

Junio M.

thanks for the pics. its very very hard to see. but the flaw is there.

so we have the rehaut problem and the SEL problem.

for me they are not too important. but maybe the next batch will fix it

Reactions: Debellum

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Hello
Does the Gen escape wheel & pallet fork can install in VS3235?

Sent from the RWI App

VSF cloned the pallet fork and escape wheel geometries but didn't pierce the escape wheel like the gen. Gen are supposed to fit, but you might not see any benefit other than looking more gen-like. I might do mine at some point, but it's really for my pleasure more than to expect better performance. But you never know.

Reactions: McDuck888

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Sure.
But I assure you that this small difference is there.
As soon as I get the gen in my hands , I'll do a detailed review... :)

Junio M-
What are you saying curves? Are you just talking about the curve of the lugs as they get closer to the tip?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
What are you saying curves? Are you just talking about the curve of the lugs as they get closer to the tip?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, but the inclination of the SEL with respect to the watch case.

Junio M.