• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So then it’s a crystal gasket issue. Pepsi is still stock.

I will practice on the Batman since I can remove that no problem. I will see what mm that stock Batman crystal gasket is.

VR screws just won’t budge. Even if I just wanted to loosen to just get it out.

Bro you have to tighten the movement screws DOWN to loosen the movement. With the stem out, rotate the movement clockwise from the bottom so the screw aligns with the stem cutout. Turn it face up and the movement will fall out.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Bro you have to tighten the movement screws DOWN to loosen the movement. With the stem out, rotate the movement clockwise from the bottom so the screw aligns with the stem cutout. Turn it face up and the movement will fall out.

Thanks KJ i will have a go at it again....as for now...the issue on the GMF batman was the crystal gasket was 3.0mm. The clark is 2.5mm. the scallop retaining ring is 2.7mm. So I need something between 2.7mm and 3mm. batman was over magnified at 3.0. now room for crystal with a 2.5mm gasket. clark has a 2.7 and an 2.85mm that i have ordered.

otherwise its sand down the 3.0mm gasket to find a proper height...its a PITA. unless these others come in and work out of the box. I will know shortly. clarks standard 2.5mm crystal gasket does not work with the rep gmt's at least.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
Thanks KJ i will have a go at it again....as for now...the issue on the GMF batman was the crystal gasket was 3.0mm. The clark is 2.5mm. the scallop retaining ring is 2.7mm. So I need something between 2.7mm and 3mm. batman was over magnified at 3.0. now room for crystal with a 2.5mm gasket. clark has a 2.7 and an 2.85mm that i have ordered.

otherwise its sand down the 3.0mm gasket to find a proper height...its a PITA. unless these others come in and work out of the box. I will know shortly. clarks standard 2.5mm crystal gasket does not work with the rep gmt's at least.
How is the deep hole effect of the clark cyclop?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Trouble in paradise. PT has informed me that they have received 50 pieces of the 2n batch and all have bezel alignment issues, which they will send back to the factory.

I could wait for the 3rd batch but that would take a long time. I decided to cancel this order and move on to another watch on my grail list. What a bummer. Still, happy how PT handled this

Reactions: StJin

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
Let's hope it's only an alignment issue, such as the 12 o'clock position not being perfectly aligned.... versus a new batch of inserts where the transition is completely wacked!

Reactions: KJ2020

its4me

28/6/19
hey, i got 2 vrf qc videos from my dealer (non trusted) i just want to know if that is the best clone of the pepsi by looking only at the bezel color? I mean im very interested in the color of the bezel...is this vrf bezel color more gebuine then the noob bezel?
Im not so much looking in detail for hands or rehaut and so on...just bezel color and movement is most important for me...thats why i did not ordered the noob because of the movement. Now the vrf with a new bezel seems the way to go...what do you think?

Jubilee:
[video]https://files.fm/f/2mtpyg23c[/video]

oyster:
[video]https://files.fm/f/a4qw6xm78[/video]

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
hey, i got 2 vrf qc videos from my dealer (non trusted) i just want to know if that is the best clone of the pepsi by looking only at the bezel color? I mean im very interested in the color of the bezel...is this vrf bezel color more gebuine then the noob bezel?
Im not so much looking in detail for hands or rehaut and so on...just bezel color and movement is most important for me...thats why i did not ordered the noob because of the movement. Now the vrf with a new bezel seems the way to go...what do you think?

Jubilee:
[video]https://files.fm/f/2mtpyg23c[/video]

oyster:
[video]https://files.fm/f/a4qw6xm78[/video]

Why don’t you look at the noob and vrf again then and decide for yourself? I personally think the colour of the bezel engravings on the noob are better than the vrf but that’s just me.

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
Why don’t you look at the noob and vrf again then and decide for yourself? I personally think the colour of the bezel engravings on the noob are better than the vrf but that’s just me.
Noob pepsi
d4c1766fe92a6f6f4263944f3515d412.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

its4me

28/6/19

yeaaah i had a similar thinking...that the noob colors are better (personal opinion) thats why im asking and hear other opinions...i dont know why but if looking only at color it seems that vrf is not that best.

harmeetjollyy

thx for the pic

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Small update, dear forumists:

Had a slight issue with the bezel of my V2 (could not be turned more than two or three clicks in clockwise direction while counterclockwise was working perfectly fine) and asked Domi (il maestro) for help.

He barely even touched the insert and the glue holding the two pieces together readily broke apart - exactly at the transition point, obviously. So take super extra care when working on it, the two piece construction seems very brittle to me. Either way, changed for the noob insert.

Picture down below shows noob installed, broken V2 bezel and the older VRF bezel.

Cheers

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Small update, dear forumists:

Had a slight issue with the bezel of my V2 (could not be turned more than two or three clicks in clockwise direction while counterclockwise was working perfectly fine) and asked Domi (il maestro) for help.

He barely even touched the insert and the glue holding the two pieces together readily broke apart - exactly at the transition point, obviously. So take super extra care when working on it, the two piece construction seems very brittle to me. Either way, changed for the noob insert.

Picture down below shows noob installed, broken V2 bezel and the older VRF bezel.

Cheers
I broke an insert before and you're lucky that it it didn't break but it came apart. I used some gorilla glue epoxy on the back and it's holding.

On a side not while I got this epoxy for small watch projects, it holds so well I epoxied so much stuff. I even used it for a handrail like 6 months ago and it is still holding.

You only need to push and hold the 2 sides together - I would also use some sandpaper on the edges you're going to epoxy together to remove any old glue. When they're held together, put some epoxy on the inside surfaces where it connects or along the back and it should be as good as new.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I just got the gen a week ago and I can say that the bezel is a true chameleon-it changes so much according to the ambient light.
In my opinion, both Noob and VRF come close depending on levels of ambient light but react differently as the light level changes.
I pity any manufacturer attempting to replicate the gen bezel-unless the materials are identical, it will never be correct through the different levels of light.
A few quick pics I've just taken-the noob has a gen crystal too.
IMG-9303.jpg

IMG-9304.jpg

IMG-9305.jpg

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Agree, it should be fixable. I didn't bother yet since I actually do prefer the noob, not only for its colour but for the transition point, too.

Just wanted to you let you guys know that working with this two piece insert can be tricky and special care is advised when working with it.

Reactions: KJ2020

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Looks like a MK II, beautiful watch.

So I guess VRF is based on MKII huh? Looks like they nailed it.

I heard noob was based on MKIII but this comparison shot convinced me how off noob bezel colors are.

Especially that blue is totally off.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I just got the gen a week ago and I can say that the bezel is a true chameleon-it changes so much according to the ambient light.
In my opinion, both Noob and VRF come close depending on levels of ambient light but react differently as the light level changes.
I pity any manufacturer attempting to replicate the gen bezel-unless the materials are identical, it will never be correct through the different levels of light.
A few quick pics I've just taken-the noob has a gen crystal too.

IMG-9305.jpg

I agree. This is great. I hate to ask, post more pics if you can. Work that camera. Give us good side by sides of all angles and elements.

And in outside natural light too.

What year is the watch? So you know which version of the insert is on the gen?

Edit to add - somekne just mentioned its a mkii

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: