• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ffffffflex!!!

Only kidding, lovely collection.

Personally there is no way I'm picking the various metal types on the wrist. Maybe I would in a side by side, but probably not.

Thanks for sharing anyway.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19

Serious question that I am sure some other people are curious to know:

With a Gen collection like that what’s the motivation to buy Rep’s? (That’s a hell of a collection BTW)

To preference this so it doesn’t come off as a dickhead question- when I was in Private banking for an international bank based in NYC, and headquartered in HK and UK, I had a few clients that were in the rep game that had some generous collections. ( Some are probably even on here now)

I’ve heard a plethora of reasons that make sense :

- some rarely wear them and truly collect
- some were jewelers
- some traveled to countries where items like this would get stolen
- some hated the waitlist for certain pieces
- some could afford them and refused to pay the money since the general public knew they could and would think they were real (think Chad OchoCinco)

Owning a few Gen pieces myself my motivation is quite simple. I came on to try and find an exact, suitable rep to my Gen to wear daily. I wouldn’t even say as a beater because as I’ve learned more about how much these have evolved - the price to value ratio makes you
Appreciate it just as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: The Fixer

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Ffffffflex!!!

Only kidding, lovely collection.

Personally there is no way I'm picking the various metal types on the wrist. Maybe I would in a side by side, but probably not.

Thanks for sharing anyway.

Hehe, thanks. I debated whether to post it or not but someone wanted to see a side by side of some white gold stainless and platinum models, figured now is the time!

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Serious question that I am sure some other people are curious to know:

With a Gen collection like that what’s the motivation to buy Rep’s? (That’s a hell of a collection BTW)

To preference this so it doesn’t come off as a dickhead question- when I was in Private banking for an international bank based in NYC, and headquartered in HK and UK, I had a few clients that were in the rep game that had some generous collections. ( Some are probably even on here now)

I’ve heard a plethora of reasons that make sense :

- some rarely wear them and truly collect
- some were jewelers
- some traveled to countries where items like this would get stolen
- some hated the waitlist for certain pieces
- some could afford them and refused to pay the money since the general public knew they could and would think they were real (think Chad OchoCinco)

Owning a few Gen pieces myself my motivation is quite simple. I came on to try and find an exact, suitable rep to my Gen to wear daily. I wouldn’t even say as a beater because as I’ve learned more about how much these have evolved - the price to value ratio makes you
Appreciate it just as much.

Haha, no offense taken. My watch collection started long ago and it was not so much about the movements and horology but more of an accessory that I could change daily. Over time I matured and grew an appreciation for movements and the history. There are very few watches that I do not own, what you see here is a small portion of my collection. But at a certain point I would buy a piece and never wear it either because I didn't like it that much or I preferred other pieces. That DDII Platinum sat in it's coffin for an entire year before I broke it out and wore it, So at the beginning of Covid I decided to buy reps before I buy the gen variation to really test it out, figured that I had the time to do my a & r. And then I got more hooked and more hooked because the quality of these reps is really outstanding. Somewhere in there I became really interested in watchmaking and that's what has me on this site daily; these reps are really a piece of art. I used to be super active on the gen forums but what I see on this site is a true passion and it's pretty neat. And now I've realized there are so many NWBIG pieces for my eyes. So I'm just kinda intrigued I guess? A lot of the allure is covid for sure. I don't have much to do lol.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Haha, no offense taken. My watch collection started long ago and it was not so much about the movements and horology but more of an accessory that I could change daily. Over time I matured and grew an appreciation for movements and the history. There are very few watches that I do not own, what you see here is a small portion of my collection. But at a certain point I would buy a piece and never wear it either because I didn't like it that much or I preferred other pieces. That DDII Platinum sat in it's coffin for an entire year before I broke it out and wore it, So at the beginning of Covid I decided to buy reps before I buy the gen variation to really test it out, figured that I had the time to do my a & r. And then I got more hooked and more hooked because the quality of these reps is really outstanding. Somewhere in there I became really interested in watchmaking and that's what has me on this site daily; these reps are really a piece of art. I used to be super active on the gen forums but what I see on this site is a true passion and it's pretty neat. And now I've realized there are so many NWBIG pieces for my eyes. So I'm just kinda intrigued I guess? A lot of the allure is covid for sure. I don't have much to do lol.

I respect that for sure. And it makes a lot of sense. I honestly wouldn’t have the appreciation I do for the LV, LB, or LN if not for passion this community has. I’ve learned a tremendous amount here.

I look at these pieces and see where they are now and how much they have evolved (I’m almost 40) and I’m blown away. I know it took a long to get here but damn is it a great time to be in the game.

I keep an open mind and hope I continue to calls from my AD but having some of these reps makes me think it’s not worth it for some of these. It’s wild.

Much respect on that collection and thank you for sharing your motivation.

pooseefila

Known Member
12/2/19
Oh Canada
Just got mine in the mail... literally 10 days from date of order to Canada.

first impressions?
  • movement winds and feels better than most reps I've encountered
  • crystal/date mag is better than most
  • bezel is pretty easy to turn? maybe too easy?
Got it on a rubber for now until i my custom leather strap arrives for it... definitely a great rep that I will be proud to wear!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Eggroll_96

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/20
Florida, USA

first impressions?
Got it on a rubber for now until i my custom leather strap arrives for it... definitely a great rep that I will be proud to wear!

Gorgeous

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10

first impressions?

Beautiful!

”Got it on a rubber for now until i my custom leather strap arrives for it

Any other community, this quote would go straight down the toilet!

Reactions: SuperBatman

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
ZyW00o.jpg
[/url]
[/LIST]

Well this is one way, albeit a crazy way to get aroubd the "weight issue".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: emdeevee

petethai

29/11/20
Just received my VSF Smurf today. My first replica watch.

As someone who has worn Gens for over 20 years, I have to say I am absolutely blown away. The watch is absolutely beautiful and I honestly love this watch more than any Gen's I have owned and worn. The watch simply looks and feels fantastic.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Just received my VSF Smurf today. My first replica watch.

As someone who has worn Gens for over 20 years, I have to say I am absolutely blown away. The watch is absolutely beautiful and I honestly love this watch more than any Gen's I have owned and worn. The watch simply looks and feels fantastic.

Oh dear, another one has fallen hard! Welcome to the madness! See you in 100 watches time!

petethai

29/11/20
Oh dear, another one has fallen hard! Welcome to the madness! See you in 100 watches time!

Think I was a bit over-excited yesterday, when I got the watch. Last night took the watch off at bedtime and this morning it had stopped 1.5 hour after I took it off. Tried winding it, but did not start. Gave it a hard hit on the side and it started again. The watch sure looks nice, but not sure about the movement. Looking forward to see how the power reserve acts tonight.

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Think I was a bit over-excited yesterday, when I got the watch. Last night took the watch off at bedtime and this morning it had stopped 1.5 hour after I took it off. Tried winding it, but did not start. Gave it a hard hit on the side and it started again. The watch sure looks nice, but not sure about the movement. Looking forward to see how the power reserve acts tonight.

The rep factories pay very little attention to the movements resulting in dirty and dry parts. Don't be discouraged! 10/10 times an overhaul of your rep movement results in buttery smooth operation for some time.

Reactions: petethai

GingerBubba

24/10/17
That sounds unlucky though. Even if the movement isn't always perfectly clean and lubed from new, it's rare that it's so bad it stops on you!