• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

IFrederickI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
I tried to move a light around to get different angles. Light from above, lume, light from the right, from the top, from the left side.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

petethai

29/11/20
Hi

Please can someone tell me the clasp codes of their VSF Smurf. Mine looks like below and I just want to be sure it is actually a VSF I will get.

Thanks

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Technically, yes, it is 100% right. Yes, palladium WG can be polished to mirror like finish just as any metal can be in theory. Palladium is used to make the gold "whiter", however the use of palladium is the reason why a WG Rolex has a more yellow tinge to it as opposed to being rhodium plated/dipped WG.

This is all a very basic sense of the topic. Traditionally, white gold is/was yellow gold/nickel and is a dullish gray without being plated. Rhodium plating/dipping is what gives it the white sheen most of us know and was done because of the irritation/allergic reactions people have caused by the nickel.

Still don't believe that palladium is the reason for the yellowish tinge, even the opposite. On the rhodium plating i agree mate

shocktech102

Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
Still don't believe that palladium is the reason for the yellowish tinge, even the opposite. On the rhodium plating i agree mate

That’s fine, you can believe whatever you want. You can also google it and very clearly see what I’m talking about. There’s multiple images on google that will show you exactly what I’m talking about as well.

Last edited:

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
That’s fine, you can believe whatever you want. You can also google it and very clearly see what I’m talking about. There’s multiple images on google that will show you exactly what I’m talking about as well.

palladium is absolutely silverish-white, not even a bit yellow in it, why should it make the gold yellowish ? please show me that images, I'd like to understand what you mean

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles

100% correct. The reason for the yellow tint in white gold is that all gold is naturally yellow so the base is yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BiH855

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
the gen is awesome!!! the rep meh...

Whats meh?
Maybe a little bit darker dial (there are also more "dirt/fingerprints" on the rep, which dulls the dial and crystal on the pictures), but bezel looks spot on. Of course its a difference between gold and steel....

Last edited:

shocktech102

Supporter
Certified
6/11/20
palladium is absolutely silverish-white, not even a bit yellow in it, why should it make the gold yellowish ? please show me that images, I'd like to understand what you mean

No, it really is not...

Reactions: KJ2020

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
My smurf was received in NY on 11/27 then shipped to CA. It has not moved since 12/10... getting very frustrated... (I live in OH)