• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Just received mine today and have to say VSF have set the
standard for Subc reps.

A few observations from handling both reps and gens of this model over the years.
What they have done well are finishing details like bracelet edge polishing(very first rep I don’t have to refinish sharp edges)

The clasp is very well finished too and the first in my eyes to really nail the smooth edge bevelling on the closer and clasp main body.

Case profile from lug to crown guard is excellent. Maybe the gap around the crown within the guards could be al little wider.
The insert is superb and the best rep I’ve seen so far and much better than Clean’s especially in low light. I’ve included some pics to show.
The crystal black hole effect is excellent and not far away from gen at all. Crystal edge profile is not the best sadly as it’s too sharp angled creating a strange edge distortion but it’s not massively noticeable in the scheme of things

Ignore the date as I’m a day out of sync!
Sels are nicely recessed and shaped although they do stick out a little too much and should have a more downward curved angle into the first link like ARF do so well. Bracelet needs cleaning and oiling but afterwards it feels good and not overly light or flimsy.

Dw is a fraction thicker than gen but it’s not far off the pre2015 datewheels.
The dial is very good with a perfect centre dimple. Hands are better in the flesh than some say but I do agree that ZZF’s hands are better. Lume is a very nice colour and strong when charged.
This is a great Sub at a great price and I don’t see anyone beating it any time soon. I hope they move onto the new 2020 series!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Substar. Great photos and summary. Cheers.

Substar

16/9/20
Thanks for the comments. Just thought I’d throw my thoughts into the mix!
Also the bezel itself is nice too. Has a nice polished edge where it meets the insert too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin and 2841

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

did a side by side comparison with a gen 2015

Hair thicker but a good match.

While that’s all well and good, the vsf dial is a 2018? and so would be fitted with the newer DW so is still incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Just received mine from Jtime yesterday and I have to say this is the best bang for your buck sub, period. Movement is smooth like butter, insert looks great, case, bracelet and clasp feels good. I agree completely withSubstar mentioned in his post only thing for me is the hands but its liveable, if they do change their better hands this is it. Thanks you all once again for me to jump into this VSF train and im glad i did

Reactions: Substar and Tete

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
stufuse it's a 2018/2019 dial you can see it on the thick submariner text they used that layout after 2015.

Hey TD, long time! Yea the VSF is 2018/19 rep. my point is no good comparing DW thickness that came with a 2015 gen as it’s not period correct with the VSF dial.

I’m Sure we can Gen find variants of lots of things over years to suit mistakes factories have made.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
stufuse it's a 2018/2019 dial you can see it on the thick submariner text they used that layout after 2015.

Hey TD, long time! Yea the VSF is 2018/19 rep. my point is no good comparing DW thickness that came with a 2015 gen as it’s not period correct with the VSF dial.

I’m Sure we can Gen find variants of lots of things over years to suit mistakes factories have made.

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20

I thought it was based on 2014.

Darksiderkills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
Am pretty much waiting for the vsf lv version to come out, if they nail the rehaut properly this time i would def snap it up! Probably just needs a gen dw and its good to go...also for the price point, cant get any better

Last edited:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I dare anyone to read this post without wanting to buy this VSF sub....

I'm waiting for a comparison of the ZZF and the VSF. The VSF seems like the clear favorite, but that wonky "R" on the rehaut bums me out every time I see it. I'm currently going back and forth between the VSF or the ZZF no-date. If VSF releases a no-date with a good rehaut, it's no question.

Reactions: Grfranco