• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
What a shame about the hands and DW, other wise looks great. Always a trade off with the reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
What a shame about the hands other wise looks great. Always a trade off with the reps

I would say that ZZF no date is still unbeaten as a sub OOTB. If you are willing to mod the VSF you have a better case, movement and insert to start with. Insert is particularly stunning regarding numerals. They have solved the dull appearance of zzf inserts. From pics it looks almost as bright as a gen one. Stunning.

Reactions: KJ2020

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

it needs a new date wheel, crystal and hands.

Insert looks nice here. Dials nice, I could live with that xtal. But yep
100% dw and hands need changing.

I’d slap zzf v2s/v3 hands on (if they match) if not then ZZF v3 dial hands and DW in it.

Great for a v1 but This basically proves there is no best sub date out the box, as there is always something wrong. Every person can live with different things.

Imo, I’d rather a ZZF v3 with the cg as I notice it less than look at those hands and DW. I’ll decide for sure when mine arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayatsu1 and KJ2020

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18

Unboxed and straight to the wrist for you guys. In my opinion, it needs a new date wheel, crystal and hands.

I also noticed the minute hands have some play when I turn the crown forward and reverse to adjust the time. The date wheel also does not just drop into place when I turn the crown to change the date, it has a speed bump like effect.

Reactions: d3s19n

Tete

4/11/16
Please... for the love of god, dont get that kid started again :fuelfire:

:byebye:you are quite funny right? you are worse than a group of women criticizing in a neighboring building !!! lolololo. What do you want my opinion for? to get out fast barking ? In the end I will have you dear lolololo

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
:byebye:you are quite funny right? you are worse than a group of women criticizing in a neighboring building !!! lolololo. What do you want my opinion for? to get out fast barking ? In the end I will have you dear lolololo

How are you getting on with that pefect case thats easy to make?

Reactions: Blaze00215

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Yeah your talking about the taper of the base of the lugs... ARF being the worst example of this and VSF the best yet..

I see it bud

Reactions: Tete

Tete

4/11/16
Yeah your talking about the taper of the base of the lugs... ARF being the worst example of this and VSF the best yet..

I see it bud

exactly friend, it is a great joy to see that there are people who use their eyes to see something more than a square or a circle! you have given the best example, Arf has the worst lugs at least in v1, V2 and v3, we still do not know in V4, Noob's are also bad.

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
I thought they did an good job on the hands too, no? I have my on the way; my plan is to replace the DW with the gen, keep the rest of them.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Oh no.. you guys woke the Tete

Why did you do this... GingerBubba 2841

Oh you are not pinning that one on me :)

I just can't deal with that level of arrogance and stupidity. I'll just do my best to ignore him now :)

But sometimes i do wonder if he had a gen for 4 year... Well, i guess we will never know....

Reactions: Sonofalich

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
Wonder how good of case this vsf is to franked compared to the zzf v3