• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

ukvibes

Horology Curious
19/5/16
Hi all, I was wonderibg if someone could help.. I have a concern the TD has provided me a watch by a different factory but before I say something, some confirmation would be appreciated.
My reasoning.. http://imgur.com/a/HB84OQM - from all the QCs that i have seen and fron reading on this forum, the VSF serial number at 6'oclock starts with either S19 or S29.. mine starts with 802 which I have never seen. Secondly VSF bracelets have a clasp vode of 7GJ whereas even though its blurry.. mine seems to be 1JR which I have not seen before.. is anyone able to chime in on this please?

Here are also more detailed QC pictures of the watch if it hells identify: http://imgur.com/a/C79jxpq

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Hi all, I was wonderibg if someone could help.. I have a concern the TD has provided me a watch by a different factory but before I say something, some confirmation would be appreciated.
My reasoning.. http://imgur.com/a/HB84OQM - from all the QCs that i have seen and fron reading on this forum, the VSF serial number at 6'oclock starts with either S19 or S29.. mine starts with 802 which I have never seen. Secondly VSF bracelets have a clasp vode of 7GJ whereas even though its blurry.. mine seems to be 1JR which I have not seen before.. is anyone able to chime in on this please?

Here are also more detailed QC pictures of the watch if it hells identify: http://imgur.com/a/C79jxpq

this is not a VSF.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
this is not a VSF.

Don't listen to this dude. At least if you gonna tell someone they got an incorrect watch then tell them why. Look at the crown guards, vsf is the only factory that got that right. Since the last batch vsf has started to use different serial numbers, already back in December i got one with an E serial number.

Reactions: j21

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
[QUOTE = Jayalvin777; n9736550]
Non ascoltare questo tizio. Almeno, se vuoi dire a qualcuno che ha un orologio sbagliato, spiegagli il motivo. Guarda le guardie della corona, vsf è l'unica fabbrica che ha capito bene. Dall'ultimo lotto vsf ha iniziato a utilizzare diversi numeri di serie, già a dicembre ne ho preso uno con un numero di serie E. [/ QUOTE] Don't listen to this dude. At least if you gonna tell someone they got an incorrect watch then tell them why. Look at the crown guards, vsf is the only factory that got that right. Since the last batch vsf has started to use different serial numbers, already back in December i got one with an E serial number.

Interesting. So in addition to the serial number on the rehaut (which is useless), are they using a different lock? I.e. first it was 7GJ and now 1JR.
Does it only change the lock code, or also the lock itself?
I hope I've managed to explain myself.

Last edited:

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Don't listen to this dude. At least if you gonna tell someone they got an incorrect watch then tell them why. Look at the crown guards, vsf is the only factory that got that right. Since the last batch vsf has started to use different serial numbers, already back in December i got one with an E serial number.

I stopped to look only serial number. Then I've open other pictures. My overall impression on first picture was that it wasn't a vsf...
I've a VSF hulk on my way still with S29 serial. Never seen one with different serial number.

Apologize.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZF serial starts with 2 numbers also..

Zwa3lR.webp
ZwaHF8.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
A new VSF has little tabs on the edges of the stickers to aid removal too, also does not have little stickers by the SEL on the underside (or at least, this one below does not)..

Here is an new VSF (next to gen) it little tabs on the stickers on the sides of the case, VSF is on right of the bottom pic,ukvibes watch is immediately below with the 15 sticker, VSF usually has this 15 sticker so maybe the dealer added it?

ZwaBGY.webp
ZwalLD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ukvibes

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

Then VSF have also completely revised their rehaut engraving, to include the changing of the font on the serial number. Look at the 3 and 5. That’s a totally different typeface than VSF.

Sent from the RWI App

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Then VSF have also completely revised their rehaut engraving, to include the changing of the font on the serial number. Look at the 3 and 5. That’s a totally different typeface than VSF.

Sent from the RWI App

Good eye. Correct, the 3 in the VSF rehaut is a different font from the 3 on the watch above. The 3 in the disputed watch above matches the 3 in the ZZF above. Maybe this is Clean (ZZF) but the CG’s are better than those. I think it is ZF. We can see all the watches above have a 3 apart from the ZF.

ukvibes

Horology Curious
19/5/16
StreetFighter OldNavitimer - thank you to the both of you and your eagle eyes! Very confident with the points you guys have made that this is not the VSF that I have paid for. Hoping its a mistake on the TD's side and not an attempt to 'try' and push other factory stock they may have...

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Vsf have had different serial number for a while now but those watches normally end up in China most of the times. I know some things have changed after cny.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
To me this still looks like a VSF, crownguards look angled, ZF were more straight, also the round hour marker surroundings are nice and thick, ZF had thin ones iirc..

Anyway best will be to ask the TD, a picture of the movement would confirm if it's a VSF or ZF

Edit: Movement would not confirm a VSF, a V6F has the same movement, see my next post

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
same company, different products.

So the Hulk that was posted isn't a VSF.

No it looks like a V6F.
My understanding is it’s the same company but the rxf is budget, v6f is mid range, vsf is premium. If you paid for vsf, demand it. This is not vsf. Considering this is $50 less and has a free rubber B, something gives somewhere!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rehaut19