• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

gpvecchi

4/7/12
My two cents on the V4: there are just small issues.
Dial: if you have latest batch with low Daytona, the only issue is the coronet, it has a wrong hole.
Bezel: perfect, better than CF
Bracelet: very good, but not still on par with ARF, clasp in particular. Does it worth the price? It's up to you...

And a big issue I just found: THERE IS NO ENGRAVED SERIAL!

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
My two cents on the V4: there are just small issues.
Dial: if you have latest batch with low Daytona, the only issue is the coronet, it has a wrong hole.
Bezel: perfect, better than CF
Bracelet: very good, but not still on par with ARF, clasp in particular. Does it worth the price? It's up to you...

And a big issue I just found: THERE IS NO ENGRAVED SERIAL!

Are you sure about the Serial Number?

This is the first time I have heard of this problem. Are we talking about the engraved Serial on the rehaut at 6 o'clock? Because between the lugs or on the caseback there should be no Serial Number engravings at all. However the movement main plate is not engraved, that is a difference to the Gen, but it should not be that obvious when you wear your watch on your wrist:cool:

Last edited:

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Sorry, my fault, I didn't know the serial is now on the rehaut...
I thought it was still between the lugs...

Last edited:

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10
Just ordered a SA 4130 116506 with Arabic dial. I know there are no V4's out there but I am curious as to the bezel - what version is this?

Also, does the thickness look right?

I've also done an overlay of a genuine dial from Chrono24 to this one. We sweat the details so much, guys. This is incredible!

Thank you for the input

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Subdials are wrong on these, they should have individual sunburst patterns, but they don't. That's the biggest tell for me. And of course platinum looks different in real life.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
Subdials are wrong on these, they should have individual sunburst patterns, but they don't. That's the biggest tell for me. And of course platinum looks different in real life.

The biggest tell of a fake across the Rolex range are the hollow dimples on all seconds hands, gen have a taller and polished dome shaft that creates a beautiful finish in the centre of the hand swage. If you see holes then no point in looking even further for other tells.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
jcher has a couple of setS of gen chromalight hands for the 116500 for sale. I’ve already snagged up a set :) IMO that’s one of the biggest weak points on the Noob.

Get a nice ARF dial, gen hands, gen gasket, and a ARF bracelet & clasp, and you got one bad ass watch without going crazy franken :)

Reactions: jcher

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
You need to do a little mod to the movement to fit gen hands.
4130 noob not plug n play with gen hands.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
The biggest tell of a fake across the Rolex range are the hollow dimples on all seconds hands, gen have a taller and polished dome shaft that creates a beautiful finish in the centre of the hand swage. If you see holes then no point in looking even further for other tells.

He asked a specific question about the ice blue platinum version. The lack of sunburst effect in individual subdials is the most obvious flaw in that particular version.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10
Thanks for the input. I recognize that the sunburst is a tell. I just picked up a 116519. On the wrist, the dial is so small. Any flaws - barely visible. Wear with confidence.

tkim

Looking Around
21/10/20
Hey,

Just got my QC pics and thinking the gap between the SEL and 4 o'clock lug is too big.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

gdilla

Horology Curious
14/11/20
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. Some really great information here and awesome community. I'm in the process of purchasing a noob V4 and looking at modding/franken to get it closer to gen look. I'll be posting some pics along the way! Cheers for all there help here guys

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
You need to do a little mod to the movement to fit gen hands.
4130 noob not plug n play with gen hands.

Hi mate, I have installed more than 10 GEN handsets on the noob daytona and no mods were required - straight fit :)

IMO, a GEN handset installed on the REP goes a long way. If I had only one mod to do for this model it would be changing the hands (and the gasket... ) !

Last edited:

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
jcher and Lotdem

Hi mate, i have franken daytona before, the mod is Micasol
20201117-165615.jpg

These 3 hands that im talking about that cant plug in noob 4130
Im no expert about movement, maybe you ( Lotdem) can PM micasol to ask about it.
But if i make a wrong statement, im apologize. Didnt mean to make a confusing info.
thank you

Reactions: Lotdem

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Not heard that one before - I've just had two sets of gen hands fitted to Noob 4130 Daytonas without any issues or mods necessary.

Reactions: jcher