• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Markaplan

9/10/20
Hi mate.
nope mate, my black dial is franken with almost all GEN parts 116520. Not 116500. and in that picture, both watches use CF bezel.
I have CF bezel, V3 bezel and V4 bezel. V3 and CF is almost the same.
IMO CF bezel quality is Genlike. But a bit dark in low light. V4 bezel is bit whiter font and looks genlike in low light situation, both CF n V4 looks nice and genlike in strong light situation.

If you ask is it quick spot fake? of course not. I might say its imposible.
Wear with pride mate, no one will ever notice it IRL. With moving hands, surrounded light situation, distance more than 1meter and almost everyone dont care what watch that you wear, I will say NOBODY KNOWS ITS NOOB , LOL

And even though you meet someone you knew, white dial 116500 is a rare watch, I dont think they will ask you to take it off from your wrist because they want to see it, they will probably ask how long that you wait from your AD to get one?

Btw only us on this forum can quickly spot a REP because we know what to look for. People who own GEN watches and have never been in this Fun rep journey will not know the difference.

Reps today have became so good they are not easy to spot from a distance unless you know what to look for.

You guys keep on making me feel better and better. I love my Daytona Noob V4 now and will defiantly wear it with confidence.

Thank you all.
Thank you [mention]Valentz [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Btw only us on this forum can quickly spot a REP because we know what to look for. People who own GEN watches and have never been in this Fun rep journey will not know the difference.

Reps today have became so good they are not easy to spot from a distance unless you know what to look for.

You guys keep on making me feel better and better. I love my Daytona Noob V4 now and will defiantly wear it with confidence.
It's a terrific rep. With the thinner print on the dial I would say it is getting to first class and definitely NWBIG status.

The only thing that is holding me back from pulling the trigger is that I am not sure how often I would wear it as I usually grab my speedy if I want to wear a chrono ....

Markaplan

9/10/20
It's a terrific rep. With the thinner print on the dial I would say it is getting to first class and definitely NWBIG status.

The only thing that is holding me back from pulling the trigger is that I am not sure how often I would wear it as I usually grab my speedy if I want to wear a chrono ....

Yes indeed it’s a nice watch. When I shake the watch I can hear the movement and also feel the router. Is the GEN the same?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yes indeed it’s a nice watch. When I shake the watch I can hear the movement and also feel the router. Is the GEN the same?

That feel and rotor sound,many says that gen is silent as mouse but i must dissagree,i saw many gens last days from sky dweller to daytona subs and gmts and all have little rotor sound..reps are little louder but definetly gens have rotor sound too

Reactions: kavorca1

Markaplan

9/10/20
That feel and rotor sound,many says that gen is silent as mouse but i must dissagree,i saw many gens last days from sky dweller to daytona subs and gmts and all have little rotor sound..reps are little louder but definetly gens have rotor sound too

I understand. Thanh you [mention]Robi01 [/mention]

uberkoen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20
Hi mate.
nope mate, my black dial is franken with almost all GEN parts 116520. Not 116500. and in that picture, both watches use CF bezel.
I have CF bezel, V3 bezel and V4 bezel. V3 and CF is almost the same.
IMO CF bezel quality is Genlike. But a bit dark in low light. V4 bezel is bit whiter font and looks genlike in low light situation, both CF n V4 looks nice and genlike in strong light situation.

If you ask is it quick spot fake? of course not. I might say its imposible.
Wear with pride mate, no one will ever notice it IRL. With moving hands, surrounded light situation, distance more than 1meter and almost everyone dont care what watch that you wear, I will say NOBODY KNOWS ITS NOOB , LOL

And even though you meet someone you knew, white dial 116500 is a rare watch, I dont think they will ask you to take it off from your wrist because they want to see it, they will probably ask how long that you wait from your AD to get one?

Question on the 116500 v4 please. How are the SEL's on it? Is the consensus still to get the ARF bracelet?

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Question on the 116500 v4 please. How are the SEL's on it? Is the consensus still to get the ARF bracelet?

I only bought V4 bezel, not the whole watch, mate.
About SEL, i think V3 have the best SEL

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I washed my V4 for the first time with warm water and neutral soap, now the bezel is brighter and more visible even in low light conditions. I think it came dirty from the factory. Was I right to use mild soap?

It's true, the Daytona lettering is a bit high but I notice it just looking at the pics, in real life, at least for me, it is not noticeable.

Bobi01

2/2/19
I washed my V4 for the first time with warm water and neutral soap, now the bezel is brighter and more visible even in low light conditions. I think it came dirty from the factory. Was I right to use mild soap?

It's true, the Daytona lettering is a bit high but I notice it just looking at the pics, in real life, at least for me, it is not noticeable.

Bezel is genlike nice color

Reactions: ettorefranco

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So, is there a new dial with lower Daytona text?

Not that i've seen so far. The above example is horrible on the 5 lines of text and the Daytona text.

If you want correct Daytona text, you gotta find a good ARF dial

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Here is one of the ARF dials im using for a build, the Daytona text is placed correctly

Markaplan

9/10/20
The V4 Noob Daytona is my 3rd REP Daytona panda and I am very happy with it. The first two I got I was not happy with and always wanted to mod them. But because I couldn’t find a good watchmaker in my city (Dubai) I could not mod them. I never even wore them because they felt rep and were an easy spot on. I was not comfortable wearing them in public.

But the V4 is different.

The flaws are not noticeable unless you look for them through a microscope and compare them with a GEN. Even the comparison we do by taking a photo of our rep and comparing it to a GEN photo online. That’s not accurate because of the different lighting, different camera and also angle of the shot.

In my opinion:

1) The Daytona red color is very GEN like. Yes its a tiny bit high but it’s not noticeable at all on the wrist.

2) The 5 lines text is great because there are GEN dials that are very close to it. Again, Rolex keeps on changing the dials so you will never be able to catch up. If you decide to change the dial to an ARF then it’s your choice but trust me you don’t have to.

3) The bezel is also very GEN like and many people who own both the V4 and CF bezel say that the difference is hardly noticeable. Both bezels have their flaws in low or high lighting but both dials are GEN like.

For me if the flaws are not noticeable unless you put a GEN next to it and you spend 30 seconds trying to find a flaw then the rep is amazingly done and is worth every penny.

Guys we are only spending $700 for a $28,000 watch. The watch looks very GEN like and the movement is also great and reliable.

In my opinion anyone who wants a Daytona should buy the V4 and not mod it because it’s not worth spending more money on tiny details that are not easily noticeable on the wrist.

Buy it and enjoy the compliments!

bb1620359b36653d53c7a2e9be2cd3b5.jpg

Bobi01

2/2/19
The V4 Noob Daytona is my 3rd REP Daytona panda and I am very happy with it. The first two I got I was not happy with and always wanted to mod them. But because I couldn’t find a good watchmaker in my city (Dubai) I could not mod them. I never even wore them because they felt rep and were an easy spot on. I was not comfortable wearing them in public.

But the V4 is different.

The flaws are not noticeable unless you look for them through a microscope and compare them with a GEN. Even the comparison we do by taking a photo of our rep and comparing it to a GEN photo online. That’s not accurate because of the different lighting, different camera and also angle of the shot.

In my opinion:

1) The Daytona red color is very GEN like. Yes its a tiny bit high but it’s not noticeable at all on the wrist.

2) The 5 lines text is great because there are GEN dials that are very close to it. Again, Rolex keeps on changing the dials so you will never be able to catch up. If you decide to change the dial to an ARF then it’s your choice but trust me you don’t have to.

3) The bezel is also very GEN like and many people who own both the V4 and CF bezel say that the difference is hardly noticeable. Both bezels have their flaws in low or high lighting but both dials are GEN like.

For me if the flaws are not noticeable unless you put a GEN next to it and you spend 30 seconds trying to find a flaw then the rep is amazingly done and is worth every penny.

Guys we are only spending $700 for a $28,000 watch. The watch looks very GEN like and the movement is also great and reliable.

In my opinion anyone who wants a Daytona should buy the V4 and not mod it because it’s not worth spending more money on tiny details that are not easily noticeable on the wrist.

Buy it and enjoy the compliments!

bb1620359b36653d53c7a2e9be2cd3b5.jpg

This bezel is so fucking good..very genlike

Reactions: Luvwatch

Bobi01

2/2/19
That was what i meant. New batch, or simply variability on red printing on the dial?

I dont know i receieved this qc two weeks ago..still waiting for the arf dial but i like more this bolder print (as many gens have print like that bold) and more white dial color instead of arf creamy color dial..arf have crispier tekst but i like it more white

timavo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/20
There were actually three different Black Dial versions that Noob called V3.

- The first was a step backward to the really thick V1-V2 Sub-dials. There weren't very many of these.
- The second was like the one that we named V2.2, which was better, but still the Sub-dials were a little too thick.
-With the third version, the Sub-dials were finally very close to Gen thickness.

The Black Dial V4 has the same Dial as the correct thin Sub-dial V3. The only other differences would be the Bezel engraving which is very slightly thicker and is said to have better paint. The pinions on the hands are also said to be better quality. Both of these small details are very hard to see in QC pictures.

If I had to guess, based on the TD and what little I can see, I would say that it's a V4.
Other Members who have been getting Black Dial 116500s from this TD have been very happy.

Thanks a lot MScott !