• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
They improved bezel for sure,numbers are tad whiter than v3 i think and more crisp but also they ruined SELs..gaps are visible on every single qc we saw so far

Reactions: XLR8R and Zenth

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Anyone have further insight as to the font print difference on the white dial? I’ve yet to see the black dial v4 have what appears to be too thick of font as some white dials have shown. I asked my TD and showed them this photo but they simply replied with “it’s the same”. Clearly does not look the same, yet both do seem like V4’s by the thicker sub dials.

VmzmPf.jpg

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
They improved bezel for sure,numbers are tad whiter than v3 i think and more crisp but also they ruined SELs..gaps are visible on every single qc we saw so far

Sorry, but I can't see the SEL problem (I'm not very experienced). Can you explain better? Thanks

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Anyone have further insight as to the font print difference on the white dial? I’ve yet to see the black dial v4 have what appears to be too thick of font as some white dials have shown. I asked my TD and showed them this photo but they simply replied with “it’s the same”. Clearly does not look the same, yet both do seem like V4’s by the thicker sub dials.

VmzmPf.jpg

Same for me, for this reason I'm going for the black dial which looks much better to me

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
It looks good and not shining at all (by my naked eye lol)

The Hands should be shinning more than the Sub-dials, which should be Matte Silver to be close to Gen.

In these all these pictures, the Sub-dials are shinning much more than the Hands and the same or more than the Case and Bracelet, which is not correct.
ZzQfLD.jpg

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
The Hands should be shinning more than the Sub-dials, which should be Matte Silver to be close to Gen.

In these all these pictures, the Sub-dials are shinning much more than the Hands and the same or more than the Case and Bracelet, which is not correct.
ZzQfLD.jpg

Maybe I’m inexperience in Black dial yet
Could you explain more details that you just mentioned? (I quite to not understand what you said)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Same for me, for this reason I'm going for the black dial which looks much better to me

Not a bad decision. For me, I have too many black dials already and I’m looking to let go of my ARF Daytona white dial for the noob. Fix a few problems, create another >> the story with this hobby.

Reactions: ettorefranco

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Could you explain more details that you just mentioned? (I quite to not understand what you said)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silver circles of the subdials are too reflective,almost like there's sunburst effect. They're completely matt on gen and not reflective at all. Gray more than silver. Find some gen pics online and see for yourself. But you do have to see it in the metal to understand.

Gen for reference:

20200922-165845.jpg

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18

ZzQfLD.jpg

Factories will never get that completely right given WG shines a bit more with direct sun. Even the markers should shine more. Frankly, I don't see any material difference for the Black dial between v3 and v4. I will still go with Noob base, ARF dial, CF bezel and gen hands;)

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

The Gen 116520 Black Dials had Sub-dials that were almost as shinny as the Case and the Hands. This lack of contrast between the Hands and Sub-dials made the watch more difficult to read at a glance. So when the Black Dial 116500 was designed, Rolex made the Sub-dials thinner and gave them more of a matte silver finish as pictured here.

Vbiyd8.jpg

Bobi01

2/2/19
Maybe it is not matte like gen but it is close IMO
in next few days maybe i will compare mine v3 with gen 116500 black dial and i will do few shots side by side
ZzpVfR.jpg
ZzCD6K.jpg
Zzpg28.jpg

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
This is a good example of how subdials are supposed to look like:

Reactions: Zenth

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
This is a good example of how subdials are supposed to look like:

So the hands should be brighter than the subdials. Not just a matter of the rep subdials being too bright, but the rep hands being too dull as well?