• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys in addition to the gasket, do you recommend changing the glass too?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hi Folks,

I'm not a Rolex guy but I also fell in love with this watch. This would be my first (and probably the last) Rolex rep and my first watch with a silver dial as well. I like mechanical chronos and I appreciate what Noob have achieved with their 4130 clone movement, Can you tell me please if the following list contains the best rep parts available and suitable for building this watch?

- Noob v4 116519LN steel (silver grey) dial watch base (not sure if v4 is already available)
- CF bezel
- ARF bracelet
- Noob endlinks

Winding crown, crystal gasket? The 2 things that shout fake watch from across the street..

My build;
Noob V4
gen crown
gasket
noob 519 dial and hands
CF bezel? - maybe later.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Who in the entire f&#k would spot a "fake" crown across the room? Have you ever even seen a Daytona in real life?

A 519 dial in an SS case screams fake way more than a crown for that matter. If you're worried about such things of course... Or maybe trying to impress folks on IG or TRF...

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I don't use IG, FB or any social media. The crown is very poor, it's the first thing I see. I have spotted a fake crown in the past before the guy even left the house? Can you not? 519 dial looks great!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Winding crown, crystal gasket? The 2 things that shout fake watch from across the street..

My build;
Noob V4
gen crown
gasket
noob 519 dial and hands
CF bezel? - maybe later.

Thanks. Aren't the hands of Noob v4 116500 and 116519 identical?

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15

Winding crown? Really? From across the street?
Z4syqp.jpg
Z4sYDb.jpg
Z4sIsi.jpg

Last edited:

nasar73

26/8/18
I can tell the rep immediately- white gasket on the crystal and the winding crown is a dead giveaway, I’m surprised nobody is making a bigger deal over the crap winding crown. The pushers are not 100% either but not as obviously poor as the crown. The rest is great though, thanks for sharing.

Nobody is making a big deal maybe because it's not such a big issue mate. If you want perfection get the real thing. It's a rep, and it's always going to be a rep, today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. These reps are just for fun, it gives you a chance to see what the real thing is all about. I don't expect every detail of the rep to be the same as the gen. Even Gen's have flaws in them.

I'm happy with the Daytona rep, I just didn't wear it. There's nothing wrong with the pushers or the crown. It does the job. Now I have the gen, I'm still not sure it's the watch for me. Daytona's have just been hyped up over the years. I don't spend hours reviewing every single detail of the watch. Both the rep and the gen are just watches.... that's it they are just watches. I don't get too caught up about them. But thanks for your valuable feedback!

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Help please, what are we supposed to be looking at? :confused:

He said that he can spot rep crown from across the street as a dead giveaway so I posted comparison of my gen and rep crowns. I am pretty anal about things and still the rep vs gen crown comparo only showed me some slight detail differences in those pics in huge magnification. Gen crown is on the black dialed watch.

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
He said that he can spot rep crown from across the street as a dead giveaway so I posted comparison of my gen and rep crowns. I am pretty anal about things and still the rep vs gen crown comparo only showed me some slight detail differences in those pics in huge magnification. Gen crown is on the black dialed watch.

Thanks dude for the explanation! I was asking in jest cause I cant see much difference in both, let alone be able to tell the difference across the street! :drinks:

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
Hi guys do you think it is necessary to mount an gen gasket in a noob v4? would it make a lot of difference?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU
Hi guys do you think it is necessary to mount an gen gasket in a noob v4? would it make a lot of difference?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

I have done it recently and it makes a difference. Not a huge one, but it improves the overall feeling of the watch. Given it's inexpensive and you can do it by yourself, I would recommend it