• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Ok sorry I did not know that. I have seen people post QC pics before in this thread so that's why I did also. I have approved already anyway.

James2020

1/6/20
Ok sorry I did not know that. I have seen people post QC pics before in this thread so that's why I did also. I have approved already anyway.

Its fine if you have specific questions on a particular part which you would like a second opinion

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Well I don't think that the insert triangle is well aligned with the dial, it looks to me that's a bit tilted. But from the pics I have seen from other watches I think it is the case on every other watch also. So dunno if I should concern about it at all? Watch is approved already, but guys can answer me so I know.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Even if is slightly misaligned, is an easy fix for a skilled watchsmith

Last edited:

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Do you have to remove the insert to make this happen or you do it by turning the dial?

This is my acquaintance gen though. Maybe I should not worry about it as it looks worse than on v2s lol.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Well I don't think that the insert triangle is well aligned with the dial, it looks to me that's a bit tilted. But from the pics I have seen from other watches I think it is the case on every other watch also. So dunno if I should concern about it at all? Watch is approved already, but guys can answer me so I know.

If you're not happy with it being this little misaligned you'll be rejecting some gens as well. I have it much worse on my 2 ZZFs and you really cannot notice it IRL.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Yeah that's what I thought. I have accepted of course, just wanted to ask about it.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Are there any improvements on the bracelet with the lower case c and r with the new one with the capital C and R or is just the engravings?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you have to remove the insert to make this happen or you do it by turning the dial?

This is my acquaintance gen though. Maybe I should not worry about it as it looks worse than on v2s lol.

Some of the apparent misalignment between a bezel triangle and a dial triangle is due to pic angle (parallax error). TDs hold watches at angles to showcase things like the cyclops and date window. Observe in the two pics below how making the cyclops and date window look centered changes the apparent relationship between the bezel and dial triangles. Nothing was changed except bringing the right side of the watch closer to the camera.

BgLp8.jpg

BgAaR.jpg

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Good point. A lot of our "complaints" about QC pics could be simply...camera angles

Btadl1997

12/2/18

I don’t know if this is frowned upon with trusted dealers but I was given QC of this exact watch and I denied it.

Sent from the RWI App

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Why you have denied it? After I have accepted already I'd rather know what's wrong with it as I am not too good with reps yet.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why you have denied it? After I have accepted already I'd rather know what's wrong with it as I am not too good with reps yet.

Dont bother, he could be wrong and besides it looks fine in those 2 photos. Enjoy it, finding faults will not improve your experience

Reactions: Tione12

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Good eyes, I did not notice it. I think it will be hard to spot irl though.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
It is a bit crooked if you look closely but does anybody think it is a big flaw? Do average people notice something like this on a hand irl?