• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Quick review :)

I've had/used the watch for 2 days. I got it from Li jtimewatch in 5 days with DHL shipping. IMO the best TD here.

I have been compering the watch with my gen 116610LN from 2020, not just the look, but also the feel. I don't own an 116610LV, but have seen plenty in the flesh :)

Looks 8/10.
1. The insert with platinum, the pearl, size/debt of the numbers/markers. Everything is spot on, the color imo is beautiful, and with all the changes the gen insert is capable of, noone is gonna spot the difference.
2. The brushed parts is a TINY bit more shiny than gen, but i'm thinking it will dull down after a couple of weeks of use, either way, its nothing that would indicate that its not gen.
3. The CG... to be honest, i don't see a difference from this one to my gen, maybe my eyes are old, maybe i got a good one, or maybe, just maybe people are over obsessed over the CG shapes :)
4. Case/Lugs... The shape is spot on, absolutely perfect angles.
5. Dial/hands, well i'm no expert on this dial, but the markers, the "luster" of the "white gold" or whatever they used is really spot on, i see no difference in shape or color compared to my gen. The green dial, looks amazing, you have to have a gen LV dial next to it, to really compare. But imo, nobody is gonna call you on it :) I got one with the faulty X in Rolex, and once you see it, you can't unsee it :) But to be honest, it's not a big deal. The hands, well with the naked eye, i see no difference from my gen. Lume color is spot on as well.
6. Rehault has a nice shine to it, like gen. But that serial number flaw... Yeah, that's the reason why i'm not keeping this watch :) If they manage to fix that, and not fuck anything else up, we got a winner here.
7. Crystal, sits like gen, has a pretty good Black Hole effect, and is surprisingly good. I do see a slight under magnification, so the numbers on the date wheel look a tiny bit smaller than my gen. Imo, if you put a gen crystal on, the date wheel would be perfect, and i see no reason to change that.
8. Bracelet looks good, endlinks are spot on. Spring Bars are good. Clasp, straight in the garbage, it looks like the crap Noob puts out.

Feel 6/10
1. Rotating bezel is VERY tight and takes a lot more force to turn compared to gen. The click sound is a bit louder, and the teeth is a tiny bit bigger than gen. Looks good, feels bad :(
2. The crown feels very flimsy and weak, when you set the time/date and feels VERY rough when you wind the watch. Feels like it can break at any moment.
3. Bracelet feels a bit more rough on the edges, and has a bit more play than gen, but overall, not bad. If i had to, i could live with it.
4. Clasp, feels cheap, glidelock is crap, sharp edges. Nothing positive here.
5. Weight, 100% like gen (Weight with 3 links off)

Overall i'm pretty impressed with this watch, visually it's very good! If you don't own a gen that you use in rotation, you are probably not gonna notice anything wrong.

What would i change/mod? Well, i hope first of, that they fix the rehault serial flaw, that really irritates me. Looks like they already fixed the X on the dial on the new batch. Other then that, i've ordered an ARF bracelet/clasp, imo that's an absolute must! And at some point, i want to change the crystal to gen, to see how the date wheel looks. Other then that, maybe change the bezel, and a service is probably not a bad idea if your planning on keeping this watch for a while :)
Tgd4k.jpg
Tgkgo.jpg
TgTHY.jpg
TgX1D.jpg

very ice review, thanks!

could you show me a screenshot of the serial number flaw please? :)

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Nice bro you got the goods

His bracelet looks different than mine - in particular the “C4R” stamp - and I ordered the same watch... It’s already on the way (I approved the QC), but now I’m worried I got screwed lol... my dial doesn’t appear to be as dark but I also feel as though that could be related to the lighting... this X dial flaw you guys speak of is related to the serial number beginning with an X after the ROLEX on the inner ring correct? Or is it something with the word ROLEX that’s printed on the dials face?

Would you share your insight?

b8503a5dd65830f0e76d6f8d67f23920.jpg

c1cfeb1d0223ee8cd136c49b413dfad7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnightx

17/3/17
His bracelet looks different than mine - in particular the “C4R” stamp - and I ordered the same watch... It’s already on the way (I approved the QC), but now I’m worried I got screwed lol... my dial doesn’t appear to be as dark but I also feel as though that could be related to the lighting... this X dial flaw you guys speak of is related to the serial number beginning with an X after the ROLEX on the inner ring correct? Or is it something with the word ROLEX that’s printed on the dials face?

Would you share your insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just go back a few pages and have all your questions answered? ;)

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Even the sunburst and black on the dial looks improved. That's the best looking rep Hulk I've ever seen. Think I'll just tell my AD nevermind, haha.

sunburst seems to be very nice!

V2S I had previously had the clearest dial. This looks more like the green I had on the V2 that I liked best. Maybe it depends on the individual production batch of the dials.

Reactions: leo6929 and KJ2020

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Quick review :)

I've had/used the watch for 2 days. I got it from Li jtimewatch in 5 days with DHL shipping. IMO the best TD here.

I have been compering the watch with my gen 116610LN from 2020, not just the look, but also the feel. I don't own an 116610LV, but have seen plenty in the flesh :)

Looks 8/10.
1. The insert with platinum, the pearl, size/debt of the numbers/markers. Everything is spot on, the color imo is beautiful, and with all the changes the gen insert is capable of, noone is gonna spot the difference.
2. The brushed parts is a TINY bit more shiny than gen, but i'm thinking it will dull down after a couple of weeks of use, either way, its nothing that would indicate that its not gen.
3. The CG... to be honest, i don't see a difference from this one to my gen, maybe my eyes are old, maybe i got a good one, or maybe, just maybe people are over obsessed over the CG shapes :)
4. Case/Lugs... The shape is spot on, absolutely perfect angles.
5. Dial/hands, well i'm no expert on this dial, but the markers, the "luster" of the "white gold" or whatever they used is really spot on, i see no difference in shape or color compared to my gen. The green dial, looks amazing, you have to have a gen LV dial next to it, to really compare. But imo, nobody is gonna call you on it :) I got one with the faulty X in Rolex, and once you see it, you can't unsee it :) But to be honest, it's not a big deal. The hands, well with the naked eye, i see no difference from my gen. Lume color is spot on as well.
6. Rehault has a nice shine to it, like gen. But that serial number flaw... Yeah, that's the reason why i'm not keeping this watch :) If they manage to fix that, and not fuck anything else up, we got a winner here.
7. Crystal, sits like gen, has a pretty good Black Hole effect, and is surprisingly good. I do see a slight under magnification, so the numbers on the date wheel look a tiny bit smaller than my gen. Imo, if you put a gen crystal on, the date wheel would be perfect, and i see no reason to change that.
8. Bracelet looks good, endlinks are spot on. Spring Bars are good. Clasp, straight in the garbage, it looks like the crap Noob puts out.

Feel 6/10
1. Rotating bezel is VERY tight and takes a lot more force to turn compared to gen. The click sound is a bit louder, and the teeth is a tiny bit bigger than gen. Looks good, feels bad :(
2. The crown feels very flimsy and weak, when you set the time/date and feels VERY rough when you wind the watch. Feels like it can break at any moment.
3. Bracelet feels a bit more rough on the edges, and has a bit more play than gen, but overall, not bad. If i had to, i could live with it.
4. Clasp, feels cheap, glidelock is crap, sharp edges. Nothing positive here.
5. Weight, 100% like gen (Weight with 3 links off)

Overall i'm pretty impressed with this watch, visually it's very good! If you don't own a gen that you use in rotation, you are probably not gonna notice anything wrong.

What would i change/mod? Well, i hope first of, that they fix the rehault serial flaw, that really irritates me. Looks like they already fixed the X on the dial on the new batch. Other then that, i've ordered an ARF bracelet/clasp, imo that's an absolute must! And at some point, i want to change the crystal to gen, to see how the date wheel looks. Other then that, maybe change the bezel, and a service is probably not a bad idea if your planning on keeping this watch for a while :)

Completely agree with your review (CG bs etc) and love the feeling it procures for 500€. With days I found the insert better. It can bee apple green also dark and sometimes like ... Gen but I think not everybody used to see that gen LV

The only things I would change is the bracelet (my clasp is not so bad no play, little bit rounded) and the crystal if you are picky. Cause stock one has no blue like ARF with an small but good black holes !

And the extra thing (you also mentioned) I don't like is the winding feel more rough than my gen seiko (6r17 mvt If I remember) !
​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​​
​​

Reactions: 2841

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

V2S I had previously had the clearest dial. This looks more like the green I had on the V2 that I liked best. Maybe it depends on the individual production batch of the dials.

also check all the rehaut. It perfectly matches every minute.

Reactions: KJ2020

jodelaplaya

2/4/14

XLH6J.jpg

Dam your dial look better than first batch we already received ! Need to see pics when you got it

Youve got lucky yours exemple is spot on at every level. Just need to know if Lana change the way she take pic

Edit : didn't received biased pics With sunburst effect in QG I just checked

Last edited:

Dave O

Known Member
27/3/20
NorCal
I realize this thread is mainly about the new ZZF, but it is also about comparisons against the ARF and Noob. So I thought I would share my thoughts on my new Hulk ARF V3 2824 I just received.

First off, what a long wait. It took 6 weeks to get from China to the US. It tried my patience. I finally received the watch yesterday. Upon unboxing it, I was shocked to see it was actually running – and had the correct time (CST) even though it has been in transport for 6 weeks (although this may have been just a coincidence)! I have had it a little over a day now and it is running around 1-2 sec/day fast, far better than I had hoped for.

As for the looks of the watch – outstanding. I have a gen Bluesy which I used to compare the two. My only real negative is the ever so slightly larger font on the DW - but just a little as compared to my gen.

Many have said the lugs look fat on it but I have a hard time seeing any difference between the ARF and the gen. They may be a little big larger, but difficult to tell by the naked eye.

The dial itself is awesome. I get a good sunburst with it that is identical in shape and size with my gen. The color is beautiful and also goes near black like my Bluesy when in the right lighting conditions. When comparing it against my gen using a loop the dial in general looks very good. The hands, the markers and the thickness of the writing on the dial looks very close to gen. The lume looks good as well and I cannot tell a difference between the two.

The rehault looks ok but not as good as the gen when using a loop. It is properly aligned and the serial number on the rehault is properly placed. The crystal is amazing and I have a hard time telling much if any difference between the two.

The PIP color seems identical to the gen and the insert itself has a nice color to it but don’t have a gen Hulk to compare it to. Same goes for the color of the markers on the insert, but again I don’t have a gen to compare it against as the markers on my Bluesy are gold.

The bracelet is typical ARF and looks VERY close to my gen. The crown on the clasp is spot on. That being said, I really like Rubber B watch bands and have installed one on it as I have done on my Bluesy.

As for the feel of the watch – again, outstanding. The bezel movement is VERY close to my gen. It is very difficult to notice any difference between the two.

The bracelet feel is typical ARF and close to the gen. The clasp has a good feel to it but can sound a little “tinny” when closing.

The crown feels and operates nothing like the gen. Big difference here. But because it has been keeping very good time I shouldn’t have to mess with it much.

Going into this purchase I wanted something good OOTB as I have no plans on doing any mods (with the exception of replacing the movement with an ETA if it should ever fail). I am also not an expert in comparing this with a gen so it is simply my two cents worth. But bottom line, this watch has exceeded my expectations and is great OOTB. The only thing I would desire is a slightly thinner font on the DW. The ZZF V2S appears to be a great watch as well, but I wanted to give my perspective on the competition.

Note: the pictures below were taken with an iphone with no correction.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13

XLH6J.jpg

Mate your QC pics looks great however, may be due to lighting the pics are highly saturated and vibrant, far from how the watch would look IRL. I don't know why but JJTime Li's recent QC pics are looking so saturated as the previous pics were more correct and actual representation of the watch imo. Previous sample QC pics were like these:

VtQOw0.jpg

VtQLIh.jpg

Last edited:

Wkc201

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/19
Mate your QC pics looks great however, may be due to lighting the pics are highly saturated and vibrant, far from how the watch would look IRL. I don't know why but JJTime Li's recent QC pics are looking so saturated as the previous pics were more correct and actual representation of the watch imo. Previous sample QC pics were like these:

VtQOw0.jpg

VtQLIh.jpg

Is this a V2s?

shortlegs

31/5/19
]

Exactly. There's been no change in the color of the dial or bezel, it's just the color saturation of the photos.

Just check out how the red on the 3135 looks almost vermillion in that photo.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Yes. The last pics are more saturated.
Or some shoot them in daylight and others at night with neon lights.