• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
were you replying to my QC question?
im getting mixed replies but tbh it bothers me quite a bit.

All inserts are exactly like this. Light and angle may give a different impression but all inserts will be identical. Look on page 1 of this thread and you will see. So this is not a reason to red light a watch as the next one will have an identical insert.

In addition, you are not allowed to ask people what else you should see. If you don't see it then it's ok. Please read the rules and be respectful to this poor TD
​​​​​

Reactions: Lucal

Wkc201

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/19
Okay thanks for elaborating. That makes sense.
Also I didn’t mean anything to the TD. I didn’t think it had anything to do with them tbh as I was under the impression they simply sold the watch. The TD has been great so far and very responsive. Thanks again.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Quick review :)

I've had/used the watch for 2 days. I got it from Li jtimewatch in 5 days with DHL shipping. IMO the best TD here.

I have been compering the watch with my gen 116610LN from 2020, not just the look, but also the feel. I don't own an 116610LV, but have seen plenty in the flesh :)

Looks 8/10.
1. The insert with platinum, the pearl, size/debt of the numbers/markers. Everything is spot on, the color imo is beautiful, and with all the changes the gen insert is capable of, noone is gonna spot the difference.
2. The brushed parts is a TINY bit more shiny than gen, but i'm thinking it will dull down after a couple of weeks of use, either way, its nothing that would indicate that its not gen.
3. The CG... to be honest, i don't see a difference from this one to my gen, maybe my eyes are old, maybe i got a good one, or maybe, just maybe people are over obsessed over the CG shapes :)
4. Case/Lugs... The shape is spot on, absolutely perfect angles.
5. Dial/hands, well i'm no expert on this dial, but the markers, the "luster" of the "white gold" or whatever they used is really spot on, i see no difference in shape or color compared to my gen. The green dial, looks amazing, you have to have a gen LV dial next to it, to really compare. But imo, nobody is gonna call you on it :) I got one with the faulty X in Rolex, and once you see it, you can't unsee it :) But to be honest, it's not a big deal. The hands, well with the naked eye, i see no difference from my gen. Lume color is spot on as well.
6. Rehault has a nice shine to it, like gen. But that serial number flaw... Yeah, that's the reason why i'm not keeping this watch :) If they manage to fix that, and not fuck anything else up, we got a winner here.
7. Crystal, sits like gen, has a pretty good Black Hole effect, and is surprisingly good. I do see a slight under magnification, so the numbers on the date wheel look a tiny bit smaller than my gen. Imo, if you put a gen crystal on, the date wheel would be perfect, and i see no reason to change that.
8. Bracelet looks good, endlinks are spot on. Spring Bars are good. Clasp, straight in the garbage, it looks like the crap Noob puts out.

Feel 6/10
1. Rotating bezel is VERY tight and takes a lot more force to turn compared to gen. The click sound is a bit louder, and the teeth is a tiny bit bigger than gen. Looks good, feels bad :(
2. The crown feels very flimsy and weak, when you set the time/date and feels VERY rough when you wind the watch. Feels like it can break at any moment.
3. Bracelet feels a bit more rough on the edges, and has a bit more play than gen, but overall, not bad. If i had to, i could live with it.
4. Clasp, feels cheap, glidelock is crap, sharp edges. Nothing positive here.
5. Weight, 100% like gen (Weight with 3 links off)

Overall i'm pretty impressed with this watch, visually it's very good! If you don't own a gen that you use in rotation, you are probably not gonna notice anything wrong.

What would i change/mod? Well, i hope first of, that they fix the rehault serial flaw, that really irritates me. Looks like they already fixed the X on the dial on the new batch. Other then that, i've ordered an ARF bracelet/clasp, imo that's an absolute must! And at some point, i want to change the crystal to gen, to see how the date wheel looks. Other then that, maybe change the bezel, and a service is probably not a bad idea if your planning on keeping this watch for a while :)
Tgd4k.jpg
Tgkgo.jpg
TgTHY.jpg
TgX1D.jpg

Last edited:

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
In cloudy weather the watch looks killer but again sunburst is meh. Ordered a GMF dial and will compare to the ZZF.

494a7a9cfb4756456199e02b0fbbf130.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

shortlegs

31/5/19
Ask ur TD to get you another one if you have doubt

That's terrible advice.

If there is doubt,

1. clarify with the TD and ask for more photos of different angles or lighting.
2. if still unsure, research more, the answer can usually be found.
3. failing that, you can ask specific questions here on the forums and wait for experienced members to reply.

Asking a TD for another watch straight away is NEVER something you should do over some doubt.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
That's terrible advice.

If there is doubt,

3. failing that, you can ask specific questions here on the forums and wait for experienced members to reply.

Asking a TD for another watch straight away is NEVER something you should do over some doubt.

Agreed and I actually didn't even understand what the fault was with the original one looked almost perfect QC to me.

Remember there's a good chance you'll get a worse one if you ask for another watch over some minor issue.

cc1119

Horology Curious
26/3/17
Sydney
That's terrible advice.

If there is doubt,

Maybe I'm not a good customer lol but I paid for goods that satisfy me but not to spend time to find reasons why I need to accept something I have doubt. Sure getting more photos or clarify with the seller are also ways to clear the mind. Just started to participate in forum more and giving me a lesson how I should comment

Bobi01

2/2/19
Receved qc today, DW font it's slim. Dial is new version with correct "X"?

Lol bro already ordered new one hahah
Btw is it me or insert in few kast qcs posted are very green apple look? Or they changed lightning in studio
smoke

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Lol bro already ordered new one hahah
Btw is it me or insert in few kast qcs posted are very green apple look? Or they changed lightning in studio
smoke

Bro...the previous one was stolen by a friend hahahah ..