• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Stick with your gen as reps are not for you if you are so critical on little details bud. The cg is not vertical on the zzf if you mean from the side profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, it's not about being critical, it's about being realistic and sharing knowledge about flaws, big or small, so that everyone gets to decide for themselves which rep is the best for them. Seriously why are you being so dismissive and aggressive? Is that your way of having a conversation with people who have a different opinion than yours? I've been very respectful with you, what exactly gives you the right not to return the politeness?

I own several gens and several reps and I enjoy them all, with their flaws, just like many members here do. Don't use imperative to tell me what I should buy or not. Last time I checked, people here - me included - were very happy to have gen owners among them to share knowledge and do side by side comparisons.

Now when it comes to the topic in question - rehaut engraving alignment - I can confirm that yours is really good. Here's a pic of my gen and yes your alignment is good

stufuse , there you go man

Now on the other hand, here's the QC picture that I was referring to from Amguy1 , and a pic from my gen at similar angle that highlights what I was saying. You can clearly see that the alignment, while not that bad, is not as good as yours and different from gen:

So yes it is a small detail but it is here. Again that does not make it a bad watch. Why is that one different than yours? I don't know but it is. Maybe QC, maybe his watch is 2836 and yours is 3135. I don't know but I'm trying to understand, not to dismiss. That's what the forum is about.

This ZZF v2 is a great rep to me, but it does not make it perfect and there's no need to pretend like it is. Folks should enjoy it with the knowledge of its pros and cons, not the illusion that it's a perfect rep.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
It’s not perfect... flaws include bezel teeth shape, pearl color, the non-gen AR, thin insert engravings, wrong spacing on serial portion of rehaut etching...

what’s great about ZZF imo is they are giving us things that other factories never did. Which means less things to potentially have to fix. I was sold on the first ZZF soley for their offering of more genlike dial indices and a capped seconds hand. In that case I could take those out and use them for a build, because I sure wasn’t going to keep that midcase with the terrible rehaut. And look now with this version the rehaut is great! Like seriously good in terms of font, etching quality, alignment. So now we get our dial indices and capped seconds hand which we could only have gotten otherwise by going gen AND imho an acceptable and good looking midcase among other updates

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Dude, it's not about being critical, it's about being realistic and sharing knowledge about flaws, big or small, so that everyone gets to decide for themselves which rep is the best for them. Seriously why are you being so dismissive and aggressive? Is that your way of having a conversation with people who have a different opinion than yours? I've been very respectful with you, what exactly gives you the right not to return the politeness?

I own several gens and several reps and I enjoy them all, with their flaws, just like many members here do. Don't use imperative to tell me what I should buy or not. Last time I checked, people here - me included - were very happy to have gen owners among them to share knowledge and do side by side comparisons.

Now when it comes to the topic in question - rehaut engraving alignment - I can confirm that yours is really good. Here's a pic of my gen and yes your alignment is good

stufuse , there you go man

Now on the other hand, here's the QC picture that I was referring to from Amguy1 , and a pic from my gen at similar angle that highlights what I was saying. You can clearly see that the alignment, while not that bad, is not as good as yours and different from gen:

So yes it is a small detail but it is here. Again that does not make it a bad watch. Why is that one different than yours? I don't know but it is. Maybe QC, maybe his watch is 2836 and yours is 3135. I don't know but I'm trying to understand, not to dismiss. That's what the forum is about.

This ZZF v2 is a great rep to me, but it does not make it perfect and there's no need to pretend like it is. Folks should enjoy it with the knowledge of its pros and cons, not the illusion that it's a perfect rep.

Yeah bud you are correct and it’s becoming clear that Zzf have to improve consistency and Qc needs to be tight!
Li picked me a very good one as we have a good friendship and he does look after me very well! A lot of his first batch had problems unfortunatey so let’s hope it gets better!

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
From the pics, the color of the digits on zzf insert seems abit dull. Is it so?

In some inside lower light situations it is a bit darker than I remember from the first CF insert I had. Overall it’s fine though.

Reactions: up2wind

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
In some inside lower light situations it is a bit darker than I remember from the first CF insert I had. Overall it’s fine though.

CF V2 insert have engraving wrong? Is it not like gen?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Sorry but I would reject this gen, waiting list or not. Give it to the next guy and keep me on top of the list.

xk1b.jpg

You would never get that kind of a deal. If you say such a thing to your local AD, I doubt he would ever allow you to even step your foot inside his store and he would call you a prick.

Reactions: Blaze00215

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You would never get that kind of a deal. If you say such a thing to your local AD, I doubt he would ever allow you to even step your foot inside his store and he would call you a prick.

That would probably be a good thing, lol. I seriously would not accept that flaw though. It can never be unseen, like a key scratch on the door of a Maserati. Now you get to love/hate your watch.

Reactions: vcappp

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Li picked me a very good one as we have a good friendship and he does look after me very well! A lot of his first batch had problems unfortunatey so let’s hope it gets better!

Well hoping Li doesn’t pick the very good ones just for his friends and leave the flawed ones for us, the nonfrendos. That would be not good at all.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
CF V2 insert have engraving wrong? Is it not like gen?

They are like gen but maybe not as bright in low lights but daylight is very good and gen like.
Not good in my lounge with just a table lamp on.
1b35a4fb0661b1e516d4c7da2b9fc17f.jpg

Might try spongebob out. Never used him. Just pm him I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: up2wind

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Here is a better shot of the misalignment on mine. I should receive in 3-4 days so can post better pics
1d076f6aa8ee6cf1578db788260cbb2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Can the lume pearl on zzf insert be transferred to spongebob insert? Or spongebob insert comes with its own lume pearl

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
They are like gen but maybe not as bright in low lights but daylight is very good and gen like.
Not good in my lounge with just a table lamp on.
1b35a4fb0661b1e516d4c7da2b9fc17f.jpg

Might try spongebob out. Never used him. Just pm him I guess.

Sounds like the insert shade remains to be like v1. Either spongebob mod or ARF is way to go

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Arf is no better than this as I had one a few days ago.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Does anyone else have a ZZF V2 with 3135 movement besides batsboy ? I would like to see more samples... besides QC pics

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Kazeviur

Known Member
7/10/19
Is it better to replace the bracelet with arf or is zzf bracelet good enough? I find the sel more gen like for zzf though as arf is abit too deep. Botsy sel looks great!

brianmdas

Known Member
30/10/11
Definitely the watch to have. I gotta say though the dial maker screwed up a little. It’s the whole reason the rehaut doesn’t align. I’m going to see if it can be adjusted after li sends me a new dial.

a2569578aea46ff77fe17ef1018eae8a.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Definitely the watch to have. I gotta say though the dial maker screwed up a little. It’s the whole reason the rehaut doesn’t align. I’m going to see if it can be adjusted after li sends me a new dial.

a2569578aea46ff77fe17ef1018eae8a.jpg

Markers look good though. Sel is alright too