• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Guys, just received news from kobe and a bunch of dealers in China that VRF has released a fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN. The movement is a fully clone, just like the SH3135 and supports reverse date through fast jumping hour hand. Here are the photos of the movement and watch.

I know a lot of people are waiting for ARF but looks like VRF just beat Noob and ARF to that. Overall I think the movement is a big step up, dial is good quality and has slightly rounded markets, hands should be interchangeable with gen. Case and bracelet finish is just okay. The bezel insert looks shitty to me. We should be able to see detailed pictures soon from TDs. Expert please chime in.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Glad to hear that. I want at least 3 of that movements. I hope it will be possible to source them somehow.

I was about to make custom spring for the failed CHS , but now that they made this I think it's not worth it.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
HOLY SH*T

I just sent mine to be superfrankened. God damnit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Same dude same if they offer rootbeer wrapped im going to buy that in heartbeat. If its vr3135 with needed gmt parts then this is the ultimate movement for the gmt.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Same dude same if they offer rootbeer wrapped im going to buy that in heartbeat. If its vr3135 with needed gmt parts this is the ultimate movement for the gmt.

Wrapped gmt with bullet proofed movement, I'm sold. Even for 1.5k price tag.

Reactions: XLR8R

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Glad to hear that. I want at least 3 of that movements. I hope it will be possible to source them somehow.

I was about to make custom spring for the failed CHS , but now that they made this I think it's not worth it.

They already released it so TD should get them in a day or two. However, don't think they would sell individual movement - after all, that's how they make money. We will see.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Dial hole is too big for the hour hand hole surround to hide it. Major oversight, that looks terrible.

Edit: I'll concede it's possible that's a double reflection, hour hand hole surround to crystal and back to dial, we'll have to wait for someone to see it in hand.

He7iF.jpg

Last edited: