• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Is it different on current batch for black dial?
I felt like it was still possible to grab one with correct sub dials thickness however it has always been too shiny under certain light conditions.

Current batch sub-dials are too shiny. Remember someone mentioning that Noob is using the same black dial for both 116500 and 116520.

Reactions: vcappp

James2020

1/6/20
The black dail 116520 are now also infeceted with the "thin sub dial disease" :mad:

I just received the QC Pics of this “beauty”. It seems as if I have another thin subdial variation. Look at the placement of the 10 in the sub dial at 3.
It is even closer to the border of the subdial as in the pics we have seen so far.

As Noob uses the black dials for the 116520 and the 116500 I think we will see these soon in the ceramic versions. Further more the bezel seems to be back to the thin font style as it was for the last past years. The ones that showed up with the thicker bezel engravings seem to be a short lived positive anomaly that is also gone now.

If I would not swap the dial out anyway with a GEN and the bezel with an ARF bezel I would be extremely pissed at the quality Noob puts out these days. Look at ARF (apart form minimal differences in subdial thickness on the Panda Dial) no variances in quality of parts in their Daytonas. Is it that hard for Noob to let their dial suppliers produce a prototype dial, then send it or QC pics of it to them and check i it before they start with mass production???

EjiMv.jpg

Oh my... did you accept it ?

Yup, the numbers on the subdials are a bit off. The gen ones have the subdial numbers almost touching the inner ring of the subdial

My guess is noob is getting complacent and/or maximizing their profits by using cheaper suppliers because their SA4130 mvmt is king and their Daytonas are selling like hot cakes.

Conversely, their Pepsi looks great but their mvmt is... sigh

Last edited:

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Current batch sub-dials are too shiny. Remember someone mentioning that Noob is using the same black dial for both 116500 and 116520.

Im sad I missed a batch with matte sub dials on black dial :(

Let's hope for a decent V4 in that department.

srhoque

28/11/18
Does look spot on this dial

That dial does look good...However a data point:
In low or artificial light (or when light doesn’t directly hit the dial), all sub-dials (Noob, ARF and gen) look almost equal with not much sun burst and has the matte finish. When sunlight hits it directly, that’s when the magic happens and you notice the difference. Noobs becomes shiny (as shared in many pics) but ARF and gen still stays like the Even Matte finish with not much sunburst.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Oh my... did you accept it ?

Yup, the numbers on the subdials are a bit off. The gen ones have the subdial numbers almost touching the inner ring of the subdial

My guess is noob is getting complacent and/or maximizing their profits by using cheaper suppliers because their SA4130 mvmt is king and their Daytonas are selling like hot cakes.

Conversely, their Pepsi looks great but their mvmt is... sigh

Yes I accepted the watch!

But as already stated in my post I will swap out the Dial and bezel anyway. So I do not really care about the fucked up dial and use just the movement, case and bracelet. However if I would want to wear it without modifications I had rejected it. But I guess that the whole batch has this dial.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
IMO even the Subdials on Black now are a hair thinner than Gen, but not worse like on White dial.

I received my Noob V3 black dial a week ago and the subdials are okay. Honestly I don‘t care as I mod it together with my ARF V2 Panda.
But I ordered this black Noob V3 so the donor watch I sell after modding isn‘t fucked up with a shitty Noob V3 panda dial with too thin subdials and I end up not being able to sell this watch to anybody as it looks so ugly lol
SELs are perfect on Noob V3 Daytona now. No gap, super tight sitting almost flush but nicely little bit recessed at the end of the SELs like gen ones do.
The clasp still is utter trash and the bracelet is okay. The weight difference against ARF bracelet of the whole bracelet is around 0.5g. I measured 2 ARF links with screws to be 6.30g while 2 Noob links with their screws were 6.25g so the difference is only 0.05g per 2 links or 0.025g per 1 link.
If you have 10 links on your whole bracelet the difference is only 0.5g :D not really noticeable and giving the bracelet a baby oil bath can help a lot for the feeling imo

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Tony Clifton thank you very much. Where did you get this watch from? It's not listed on TDs. Do you have pics of the white dial ?

You are welcome! The watch is from SEAD. Took About 2 weeks to get QC pics.

Apart from the in my opinion to thin subdials the Rolex font is still too narrow, mimicking the 116500 dials. But this is no surprise as Noob uses the same black dial in the ceramic and steel versions.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Sorry, forgot to answer your question regarding the white dial 116520. Unfortunately I do not have current QC photos of the white one. But as far as I know there were no major updates to this dial since ist release almost 2 years ago. Apart from the wrong Rolex font it is actually quite nice.

Bobi01

2/2/19
I received my Noob V3 black dial a week ago and the subdials are okay. Honestly I don‘t care as I mod it together with my ARF V2 Panda.
But I ordered this black Noob V3 so the donor watch I sell after modding isn‘t fucked up with a shitty Noob V3 panda dial with too thin subdials and I end up not being able to sell this watch to anybody as it looks so ugly lol
SELs are perfect on Noob V3 Daytona now. No gap, super tight sitting almost flush but nicely little bit recessed at the end of the SELs like gen ones do.
The clasp still is utter trash and the bracelet is okay. The weight difference against ARF bracelet of the whole bracelet is around 0.5g. I measured 2 ARF links with screws to be 6.30g while 2 Noob links with their screws were 6.25g so the difference is only 0.05g per 2 links or 0.025g per 1 link.
If you have 10 links on your whole bracelet the difference is only 0.5g :D not really noticeable and giving the bracelet a baby oil bath can help a lot for the feeling imo

Please sell me this watch

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Please sell me this watch

Lol which watch do you mean? The black Daytona on the pictures is a full stock Noob V3 where I will install the ARF V2 panda dial, bezel, gasket + crystal and strap + clasp and maybe crown.

You want to buy the left over donor watch when I am done with the mod in a few weeks?

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Lol which watch do you mean? The black Daytona on the pictures is a full stock Noob V3 where I will install the ARF V2 panda dial, bezel, gasket + crystal and strap + clasp and maybe crown.

You want to buy the left over donor watch when I am done with the mod in a few weeks?

No leftovers haha
stock noob bro..looks amazing im a SEL opssesed

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13

Great example you got there and well thought that you bought a Black V3 instead of fugly white Panda V3...cheers!!!

Reactions: bosaftw

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
At some period steel and ceramic black indeed had the same dials in GEN world

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
At some period steel and ceramic black indeed had the same dials in GEN world

You’re sure about this mate?
As far as I know the ceramic Daytona replaced after it’s Basel 2016 release the steel ones completely. There were no two variations parallel available.
The Basel 2016 releases (see e.g. in the Hodinkee release pics) already had the narrow Rolex font while the steel bezel ones always had the wider fonts. Furthermore 116520 Subdials are very shiny whilst 116500 are pretty matte.

Last edited: