• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

TexasRow

Horology Curious
24/10/19
You are not crazy, It does appear to have an old V1-V2 dial with thicker sub-dials as shown in these pictures...

Both of the V3 QC pictures below are from Puretime. One has a "V2.2" dial, and the other has an old V1-V2 dial...

I ve Been staring at these pics for the past hour and I am not seeing the difference. Can somebody help me out? I don’t see fatter sub dials (maybe I don’t know how to see them). And I don’t see the alignment issue that keeps getting mentioned either....

thanks in advance

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I ve Been staring at these pics for the past hour and I am not seeing the difference. Can somebody help me out? I don’t see fatter sub dials (maybe I don’t know how to see them). And I don’t see the alignment issue that keeps getting mentioned either....

thanks in advance

The V3 on the lower left side has thinner Sub-dials. The Middle Red Guideline shows the difference.

If you Right Click and Open the Image in a New Tab, you can see it Larger

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Easy fix. Take off the hand and press it on again. Any watchmaker can do it

Is there any way the watchmaker could fix the misaligned hour markers so that they align with black printed indexes?

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

It looks like even Gens can have these issue with the dial. Chronograph hand not centred properly. Hour markers at 4 and 8 not aligned with the printed index.

Still, I will try to get my issues fixed.

Reactions: Ams55557

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder

The main chronograph hand is not exactly in the middle of the Rolex crown logo, it is slightly to the left. You can see a bit of the middle tip of the Rolex Crown due to this. I have seen this on quite a few watches on this thread. Maybe no one else has noticed this before but it is a very common issue.

That chronograph hand looks dead on to me. Look at the indexes printed on the dial, it’s right on zero. It’s the crown logo that’s off...by about 2 microns. It’s bloody close. I don’t think the chrono hand is the cause of your issue though. If you align it with the logo it will no longer align dead on at zero.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
That chronograph hand looks dead on to me. Look at the indexes printed on the dial, it’s right on zero. It’s the crown logo that’s off...by about 2 microns. It’s bloody close. I don’t think the chrono hand is the cause of your issue though. If you align it with the logo it will no longer align dead on at zero.

Yeah nice spot,crown isnt aligned well,but as i said that is not noticable on wrist

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Question about lug edge.
I think my lug edge next to sel is too sharp.

Not not sure if it suppose to be a little round or gen is sharp too.
4d31b328acf796ce6ffd4b69200322c5.jpg

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Question about lug edge.
I think my lug edge next to sel is too sharp.

Not not sure if it suppose to be a little round or gen is sharp too.
4d31b328acf796ce6ffd4b69200322c5.jpg

Gen also has the same unsymmetrical lugs with thinner right lugs than the left ones.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

I moved the chronograph hand out of the way and you're right. The logo is slightly tilted to the right. Great spot!

I'm seeing a local watchsmith tomorrow, here's hoping he has no issue working on a rep.

Tin

29/4/17
Idk about you guys but I'm pleasantly surprised to see the crown aligned nicely. I think this is my first rep with a perfectly aligned crown. Overall the watch is really good and the fat dials look fine irl. I'd say this is one of the best OOTB reps now and definitely NWBIG.

Reactions: Topcat72m

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I let you guys guess what this beauty is :)

Gen dial for sure, the markers are rounded.
not sure about the entire watch. I really though you’d be able to see the difference in the pushers. These look like the noob., but that doesn’t mean that they also don’t look like gen.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I think it is gen because of SEL recession and tight with no gaps,especially reccesion and lug sharpness