• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116519ln Noob v2 just arrived

Legion

2/3/15
Photos don't actually capture how good this watch it.
it reflects light from all different angles and the ceramic bezel is absolutely amazing.
I own a few gens, but this is really amazing

Reactions: SKnight

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Photos don't actually capture how good this watch it.
it reflects light from all different angles and the ceramic bezel is absolutely amazing.
I own a few gens, but this is really amazing

It does look fantastic. Congrats.

Regarding the end links, I see separate spring bars just for the end links. The end links look to be removable and could accept a bracket also. Could we ask you to confirm please? Thanks in advance.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
It does look fantastic. Congrats.

Regarding the end links, I see separate spring bars just for the end links. The end links look to be removable and could accept a bracket also. Could we ask you to confirm please? Thanks in advance.

No on 116519 cases the endlinks are fixed. They are glued in an milled deepening between case and bracelet. The springbars you see only fix the Oysterflex and can be removed. I have the same watch at home and done this to replace the Oysterflex with an aged leather strap and Rolex pin buckle. However a steele bracelet will not fit.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
No on 116519 cases the endlinks are fixed. They are glued in an milled deepening between case and bracelet. The springbars you see only fix the Oysterflex and can be removed. I have the same watch at home and done this to replace the Oysterflex with an aged leather strap and Rolex pin buckle. However a steele bracelet will not fit.

sorry, i need some advice, could you tell me if a watchmaker can cash in the endlinks? I need my ARF endlinks to sit lower. It's possible?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
sk786 Sure Mate.
I am currently at work, so only have limited access to my photos. But here are two (crappy Iphone pics).
Number one of the aged leather it is currently on together with the rest of the gang:
6iSR3.jpg

And here is number two with a more expensive Fluco racing leather strap (with the original bezel - CF bezel not mounted yet:

6ibKs.jpg

I like it more on leather, as I am not a big fan of the Noob Oysterflex (I have an older version without the metal blade inside) that feels pretty cheap. Furthermore the leather strap and pin buckle minimise the weight difference to the GEN a little bit more - not that I am trying to pass it of as a GEN if one would ask me.

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
sorry, i need some advice, could you tell me if a watchmaker can cash in the endlinks? I need my ARF endlinks to sit lower. It's possible?

I am not sure if his is possible. The watch maker would have to remove the Ceramic bezel and then try to remove the glued in endlinks. If he can manage to remove them I guess ther would still be a gap between the case and the bezel. Furthermore I do not know if the drilled lug holes where the Oysterflex usually sits are in the right position for a bracelet. I think they are to deep.
Some people who wanted the silver 116519 dial on a bracelet switched the dial in to a 116506 case. Then you have the correct lugs of the case and the metal bracelet. However this would mean buying another watch....

Last edited:

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
I am not sure if his is possible. The watch maker would have to remove the Ceramic bezel and then try to remove the glued in endlinks. If he can manage to remove them I guess ther would still be a gap between the case and the bezel. Furthermore I do not know if the drilled lug holes where the Oysterflex usually sits are in the right position for a bracelet. I think they are to deep.
Some people who wanted the silver 116519 dial on a bracelet switched the dial in to a 116506 case. Then you have the correct lugs of the case and the metal bracelet. However this would mean buying another watch....

Wouldn't it be easier to get a Noob 116509 since it has the same dial as 116519, same movement, same case and bracelet as the 116500. And you can just replace the metal bezel with a ceramic CF Bezel

SKnight

8/7/19
@immortalchef Hey mate, love your 116509. This is my grail watch. Can you give me your feedback, namely about the quality of bracelet, as I'm interested in purchasing

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
@immortalchef Hey mate, love your 116509. This is my grail watch. Can you give me your feedback, namely about the quality of bracelet, as I'm interested in purchasing

I think my feedback on the 116509 bracelet would be the same as anyone who owns the Noob 116500, feels cheap and flimsy :laughing:

But I didn't expect too much since Noob reused almost everything on this watch. All parts came from another Noob Daytona (the case literally has the reference number for the platinum daytona!), the only new thing they manufactured was the metal bezel.

I would recommend getting an ARF bracelet and replacing the clasp and removable links.

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
immortalchef What is your opinion on the metal bezel? From first glance the fonts seem to thin and the feet of the Rs in "UNITS PER HOUR" are to much spread, compared to a GEN WG bezel.

Hope this helps, I pulled a pic of the gen from Chrono24 compared to mine side by side. The fonts are a tad bit thinner compared to Gen. I believe what Noob did here was they used the exact same process as creating the ceramic bezel. The font of that is equally as thin as this bezel.

With the 116519, I think that dial Noob knocked it out the park. Anyone who has the 116519 may agree that no picture can it justice, the sunburst effect is amazing. I always liked the 116519 but I'm not a big fan of rubber straps so I pulled the trigger on this earlier in the year. I'm probably planning on getting a CF bezel and throwing that on here. There already is a tutorial on RWI how to change Daytona bezels and is very straight forward.

The SEL size is already wrong, only steel Daytonas are flush. The Gen WG Daytona have protruding SELs. Adding the ceramic bezel to this watch essentially turns this into a steel Daytona with a "white gold" dial. It's a very cost effective way since I am only paying for an extra bezel!

Reactions: Rufctr2

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
immortalchef thanks mate.

Do ypu thimk its possible to attach the complete bracelet from ARF??

Unfortunately same problem as the steel 116500. The ARF Daytona SELs are very slightly narrower than Noob, adding those SELs will leave with a small gap. The best approach would be only to replace the removable links. But from the other threads I've heard it helps a lot even doing that!

Last edited:

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I thought the silver 116519 and 116509 used the same dial but I notice the coronet on the 116509 on intime's website look crappier then the one on the 116519. I almost pulled the trigger on a 116509 and was going to put a CF bezel on it until I saw that coronet. Can anyone confirm if the dial is different?

116519 dial
daytona-116519ln-904l-v2-noob-1-1-best-edition-silver-gray-dial-on-rubber-strap-sa4130-free-rubber-strap.jpg

116509 dial
daytona-116509-904l-ss-case-noob-1-1-best-edition-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.jpg