• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I too ordered one. Just waiting for the QC pics. nightghost your rite that lec looks terrible no offense! but it’s an easy fix with a xstal swap. You might be correct that you had a very early batch or something bc it’s not visible like that on the good quality YouTube video that was posted but It is highly visible like yours on some of the stock pics from the various td sites. I’m curious what mine looks like.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
nightghost wristonfire123 can you show a picture of the crown. Not the LEC on the crystal but the actual crown (winder). From the pics on TD sites this looks the worst part to me with it sitting proud and not flush with the case, so curious to see what it actually looks like.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I noticed that as well but some of the original batches of the 2824 LN version had this same issue with the crown but it was eventually corrected. Therefore I’m hoping this issue was resolved by now as well.

nightghost wristonfire123 can you show a picture of the crown. Not the LEC on the crystal but the actual crown (winder). From the pics on TD sites this looks the worst part to me with it sitting proud and not flush with the case, so curious to see what it actually looks like.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Is anyone else waiting on QC pics for this watch? I’m told stocks are backed up. FYI I’m at exactly 1 week today.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
I noticed that as well but some of the original batches of the 2824 LN version had this same issue with the crown but it was eventually corrected. Therefore I’m hoping this issue was resolved by now as well.

Is anyone else waiting on QC pics for this watch? I’m told stocks are backed up. FYI I’m at exactly 1 week today.

I'm waiting for QC pics too, and been nearly two weeks. My TD did get me one, but there were marks on the lume on the hands so they rejected it and are getting me another. From the QC pic they did send me though, the crown still looked to be sitting quite proud of the case. It actually looked like it wasn't screwed down fully, but if they all seem to be like this, I'm hoping it's an easy fix with maybe shortening the stem.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I'm waiting for QC pics too, and been nearly two weeks. My TD did get me one, but there were marks on the lume on the hands so they rejected it and are getting me another. From the QC pic they did send me though, the crown still looked to be sitting quite proud of the case. It actually looked like it wasn't screwed down fully, but if they all seem to be like this, I'm hoping it's an easy fix with maybe shortening the stem.

I’m having issues uploads photos. I’ll get it sorted tonight.

I’ve got the same issue with the winding crown. I’ve looked into it and it seems to be a known issue with ARF. There are a couple of threads on here the talk about how to correct it though

Sent from the RWI App

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
I’m having issues uploads photos. I’ll get it sorted tonight.

I’ve got the same issue with the winding crown. I’ve looked into it and it seems to be a known issue with ARF. There are a couple of threads on here the talk about how to correct it though

Sent from the RWI App

Look forward to seeing the pics :D

I've had a search for the threads on fixing the crown, but not been able to find them. Do you have a link to them at all?

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
2 weeks! I guess I’m going to be waiting a while longer :( my ARF LN has the crown issue unfortunately. I just haven’t had the chance to get it fixed by my modder but I was told that the steam would most likely need to be trimmed to get the crown flush. I was hoping to avoid having to fix that issue with this watch though. I will just have to wait and see what the QC looks like.
Just curious who is your td ? I’m using Andrew at trusty

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I don’t understand why this crown issue is happening again bc i know it was corrected on the LN at one point!

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11

That looks fantastic! I was pushing to try and get another JF SH3135 116613LB, but these are no longer in stock so decided to go for this ARF. The crown doesn't actually look that bad on yours. Don't know if its just the angle of the photos of if you have got a good one, but in general the watch looks amazing out of the box. I am using it as the base model of a Super Franken, so glad I've actually seen photos of one that someone has bought.

Excellent! Thanks very much mate. Looks like easy'ish fix or if replacing with a gen crown and tube it will solve any issues :thumbsup:

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
2 weeks! I guess I’m going to be waiting a while longer :( my ARF LN has the crown issue unfortunately. I just haven’t had the chance to get it fixed by my modder but I was told that the steam would most likely need to be trimmed to get the crown flush. I was hoping to avoid having to fix that issue with this watch though. I will just have to wait and see what the QC looks like.
Just curious who is your td ? I’m using Andrew at trusty
I'm using Mary, a TD over at RWG. Apparently they are out of stock and awaiting new stock in the next few days.

Reactions: Versaceboy54

nightghost

Horology Curious
16/7/16
I bought it from tony , and I bought many ARF for friends and some I sold to some guys that I knew . almost 80 to 90 percent of them had this issue as well . the crown is not flushed . what is worse is the date-wheel in some are too bold and very visible to your eye from a distant . I think ARF use different people and different factories to make these watches . wristonfire123 I can clearly see that your LEC , I think you are better off with a different crystal . at any rate . this LEC should be so invisible there is no point to get another crystal with LEC .