• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 114300 Oyster Perpetual

Norm MacDonald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Puretime has the new v2 series of the 114300 with new colors (the original three plus white and black)

I am wondering the verdict on the blue? Found at https://puretime.io/oyster-perpetua...4l-ss-case-and-bracelet-blue-dial-sh3132.html

With the previous JF branded version, many considered the blue dial to be far off from gen.

I read back then that JF/ARF purchased a blue dial gen in order to replicate the blue in a future version/v2.

Did this happen with the v2 yet? Is it worth buying yet? Does anybody know or able to confirm?

I might take the plunge to find out but if anybody knows I would greatly appreciate some info on this.

Searches of the forum and google bring up nothing other than speculation. I've also contacted puretime but never heard back via e-mail (not surprising as they tend to not answer e-mails in my experience.)

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom

Very good watch
7508750760e9bb9db083f11b0d13855e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: electric and nest1

Norm MacDonald

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Very good watch
7508750760e9bb9db083f11b0d13855e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for commenting and it looks nice but my main question is if they fixed the blue dial in v2 to make it more gen like. The rumor was that they were working on it, and I am checking whether they are saving this for v3.

Reactions: electric

Norm MacDonald

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Got these QC for the v2 in blue

xQmk0.jpg

xQ3L6.jpg

I think the dial is still v1 JF dial but hard to tell through pics alone. I have asked the dealer and waiting for response. What do you guys think?

4Italia

Known Member
12/8/18
Italy
Got these QC for the v2 in blue

xQmk0.jpg

xQ3L6.jpg

I think the dial is still v1 JF dial but hard to tell through pics alone. I have asked the dealer and waiting for response. What do you guys think?

ARF and JF Blue dial look the same, so off! Take a look at my Gen one:

b84868.jpg

watchgeek41

26/3/13
Anyone know if the grey dial ARF has a crown similar to the blue dial in those photos? The photos of the ARF grey dial on puretime make the dial crown look way off.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

watchgeek41

26/3/13
Anyone know if the grey dial ARF has a crown similar to the blue dial in those photos? The photos of the ARF grey dial on puretime make the dial crown look way off.

Sent from the RWI App

Norm MacDonald

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Puretime confirmed that ARF is still using same dials for blue in this new version.

Norm MacDonald

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Timegraph results on this ARF version seem to be bad with amplitudes not in line with swiss movements (sub 270). All my QC has resulted in amplitudes always under 250 and s/d of 10+. Dealer is saying that all amplitudes for this model are in that range so they will not get them up to spec. I've always considered amplitude a strong indicator of the health of the movement. With it coming from the factory that way, makes me fear many of these watches will be DOA or otherwise not last very long.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Timegraph results on this ARF version seem to be bad with amplitudes not in line with swiss movements (sub 270). All my QC has resulted in amplitudes always under 250 and s/d of 10+. Dealer is saying that all amplitudes for this model are in that range so they will not get them up to spec. I've always considered amplitude a strong indicator of the health of the movement. With it coming from the factory that way, makes me fear many of these watches will be DOA or otherwise not last very long.

That's why for this movement a service is recommended ASAP

Norm MacDonald

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
That's why for this movement a service is recommended ASAP

Yes, but should be improved with any ARF v2. Other forums also saying same about ARF version movement, that it's same as before. With poor dial crown, GENEV A, and same blue dial, it doesn't seem worth buying at new price unless you want white or black.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes, but should be improved with any ARF v2. Other forums also saying same about ARF version movement, that it's same as before. With poor dial crown, GENEV A, and same blue dial, it doesn't seem worth buying at new price unless you want white or black.

Exactly, agree. As a new SH3135 is already out with the ARF subs the new SH3132 should also come out very soon.