• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs Noob SA4130: Final battle :D (some pics)

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
We assume that I own both and I can note with pleasure these differences:

Bracelet: the Noob bracelet is sharp (you have read it correctly) in the central part if you pass the fingers from the central polished mesh to the external ones you will feel like a "burr" as if it cuts. Mine has undergone a washing and lubrication treatment and he has improved because at the beginning it looked like a can this bracelet, a real shit. For years I had not seen a bracelet with such a poor existence. You can handle an ARF Datejust bracelet, or that of a current Sub Noob, you will find an abysmal difference. The closure is poor, many times badly finished and by hand. This bracelet absolutely needs a cleaning and a lubrication treatment because in normal conditions he sucks.

SEL: the SEL on the Noob are poor as hell. them are solid, but on one side, they have a play of 0.5mm or more. You can not find this on an ARF watches. And as the previous Noob version the SEL can be a bit outside of the profile of the lugs.

SEL on these watches are different, ARF win about SEL fit, Noob about the angle, but both not recessed on the edge.

Bezel: the bezel has the correct profile, like gen, but it is about 0.35 higher than gen and ARF. That ARF measures as gen 2.5, but has an incorrect profile compared to noob and respect to gen (a person must know what I'm talking about to notice, otherwise this will be difficult)

ARF has more fat numbers, with deeper incisions.

Between the two things I prefer? I personally prefer that ARF, because it has a more gen like font.

ARF win bezel battle out of the box with better font.

Crown: ARF crown win , feels like gen crown, The noob one seems smaller and fatty. ARF win crown battle.

Crystal: glass is good on both, but the Noob has a matte white seal, and not with a shiny profile like gen. You can solve this problem by mounting a GEN seal and in this way you will give a better height to the glass.

ARF have a better polished edge, BUT both the glass are valid IMHO. On the same level.

Case: personally I find better the ARF case, which is less thick than the Noob and with the curvature of the lugs more gen like. The Noob case has a "straight" side profile and NOT curved, not as gen. This is totally wrong IMHO because this thing has always characterized the daytona in general.

Crown Guards: both are valid in my opinion, ARF so at first sight are more Gen like, BUT actually the most gen like are the Noob. CG's Noob can be slightly better shave them slightly. CG's worked, gen tube and gen crown and Noob are perfect. Noob wins crown guards battle.

Rehaut: the rehaut is slightly higher on Noob, this too is a real shame. This effect can be partially solved by changing the seal to the glass.

Anyway IMHO both rehaut are valid.

Pusher buttons: they are finally like gen in the Noob. Their length is correct even if I could "spot" them easily because they are straight teeth, instead the gen are roundish on the edges. Beyond this, the best pusher I've ever seen for now.

About ARF pusher people say that these pusher have been updated in the ARF. This is absolutely not true. The pusher are the same as a year ago, of the V1. They appear decidedly too long.

Angle pusher SA4130 vs 7750. I have partly both watches and personally not see difference. It makes me laugh if I think of some discussion some time ago when it was said that ARF could be distinguished on a person's wrist simply by looking at the angle of the pusher. This makes me die laughing :D .

In any case Noob wins pusher battle easily

Hands: Lastest ARF hands (of actual all updated V2 version announced on purtime website) are just truly beautiflul IMHO with great reflections with sunlight. Noob hands are fine, but feels cheap compared with ARF expecially with the hands of 3 subdials and all doesn't have the same great reflections as ARF with the sunlight.

ARF win hands battle.

Dial: The Noob dial (all) is literally disgusting IMHO and I can not understand how some people say they are beautiful. The only one I think is a little more acceptable is the white version of 116520, but it is still wrong because it has a font with "fatty" subdial, just like all other color versions of the dials. All the other factories are far better equipped with those currently noob provides in these versions with SA4130.

The best dial 116520 that you can take? ARF, BP, Noob 7750, JF 7750. Personally I would aim at BP for black for example (last ARF dial has updated the crown, the font, the print more thin in generally more gen like)

Best dial version for 116500? ARF. Currently with the V2 white dial they have updated the printing of the 5 lines and subdial fonts.

But the version V2 noob 116500 white dial? It sucks anyway, the print has improved slightly, but far from being Gen like. Subdials are too fat.

So the Noob SA4130 summary is a watch that has focused everything on the costs of realization and development of the movement, leaving all the rest of the watch and hyper-economic levels, especially in the finishing and in the QC.

Sorry guys, but ARF win on some points out of the box IMHO. The Noon one need so huge mods beacuse standard like it comes from factory it's cheap as hell IMHO.

I personally was going to take a black chromalight dial 116520 which subsequently bought another user here of the forum. 800 euros including shipping. I had the opportunity to take another dial at about 900 euro, which I just saw that he took another user of the forum (bostyboy), but later I stopped a moment and I thought "what the hell?, Almost 1000 euro for a fucking dial on a Chinese watch ??)

So I started doing research, comparisons, and I started a cheap build, the first here on the forum on this watch that will include:

-116520 "V2" (or you can call as you like)
- gen crystal gasket
- BP 116520 dial Black CL
- ARF bezel (little shaved)

I've all parts in my hand except the dial that I've reveiced the tracking two days ago.

Here some pics :)

6gB5L.jpg

6iZlK.jpg

6iEbe.jpg

6g50o.jpg

6iWjT.jpg

6ib0A.jpg

6iyAQ.jpg

6iJlf.jpg

6iUbX.jpg

6iRqp.jpg

6iMMs.jpg

6ikAh.jpg

6i28D.jpg

6iPvU.jpg

6iwq8.jpg

6F1kI.jpg

6igBb.jpg

6iS82.jpg

6ihvd.jpg

6idHZ.jpg

6iHeR.jpg

6iOBg.jpg

6i38a.jpg

6i5HG.jpg

6imyy.jpg

6gajI.jpg

6FDeq.jpg

6FuD6.jpg

6FEN0.jpg

6FbHr.jpg

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No pics.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I can see them mate, why you can't see? :(

How i can show them to us also here? I've uploaded them with imugur

Imgur doesn't work on this forum any more - look at the pics in my threads - no longer visible.

Use the RWI picture hosting site :

https://picr.me/

Free and very easy to use.

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
We assume that I own both and I can note with pleasure these differences:

Bracelet: the Noob bracelet is sharp (you have read it correctly) in the central part if you pass the fingers from the central polished mesh to the external ones you will feel like a "burr" as if it cuts. Mine has undergone a washing and lubrication treatment and he has improved because at the beginning it looked like a can this bracelet, a real shit. For years I had not seen a bracelet with such a poor existence. You can handle an ARF Datejust bracelet, or that of a current Sub Noob, you will find an abysmal difference. The closure is poor, many times badly finished and by hand. This bracelet absolutely needs a cleaning and a lubrication treatment because in normal conditions he sucks.

SEL: the SEL on the Noob are poor as hell. them are solid, but on one side, they have a play of 0.5mm or more. You can not find this on an ARF watches. And as the previous Noob version the SEL can be a bit outside of the profile of the lugs.

Bezel: the bezel has the correct profile, like gen, but it is about 0.35 higher than gen and ARF. That ARF measures as gen 2.5, but has an incorrect profile compared to noob and respect to gen (a person must know what I'm talking about to notice, otherwise this will be difficult)

ARF has more fat numbers, with deeper incisions.

Between the two things I prefer? I personally prefer that ARF, because it has a more gen like font.

Crown: ARF crown win , feels like gen crown, The noob one seems smaller and fatty.

Crystal: glass is good on both, but the Noob has a matte white seal, and not with a shiny profile like gen. You can solve this problem by mounting a GEN seal and in this way you will give a better height to the glass.

Case: personally I find better the ARF case, which is less thick than the Noob and with the curvature of the lugs more gen like. The Noob case has a "straight" side profile and NOT curved, not as gen. This is totally wrong IMHO because this thing has always characterized the daytona in general.

Rehaut: the rehaut is slightly higher on Noob, this too is a real shame. This effect can be partially solved by changing the seal to the glass

Hands: Lastest ARF hands (of actual all updated V2 version announced on purtime website) are just truly beautiflul IMHO with great reflections with sunlight. Noob hands are fine, but feels cheap compared with ARF expecially with the hands of 3 subdials and all doesn't have the same great reflections as ARF with the sunlight.

Dial: The Noob dial (all) is literally disgusting IMHO and I can not understand how some people say they are beautiful. The only one I think is a little more acceptable is the white version of 116520, but it is still wrong because it has a font with "fatty" subdial, just like all other color versions of the dials. All the other factories are far better equipped with those currently noob provides in these versions with SA4130.

The best dial 116520 that you can take? ARF, BP, Noob 7750, JF 7750. Personally I would aim at BP for black for example (last ARF dial has updated the crown, the font, the print more thin in generally more gen like)

Best dial version for 116500? ARF. Currently with the V2 white dial they have updated the printing of the 5 lines and subdial fonts.

But the version V2 noob 116500 white dial? It sucks anyway, the print has improved slightly, but far from being Gen like. Subdials are too fat.

So the Noob SA4130 summary is a watch that has focused everything on the costs of realization and development of the movement, leaving all the rest of the watch and hyper-economic levels, especially in the finishing and in the QC.

Sorry guys, but ARF win on some points out of the box IMHO. The Noon one need so huge mods beacuse standard like it comes from factory it's cheap as hell IMHO.

I personally was going to take a black chromalight dial 116520 which subsequently bought another user here of the forum. 800 euros including shipping. I had the opportunity to take another dial at about 900 euro, which I just saw that he took another user of the forum (bostyboy), but later I stopped a moment and I thought "what the hell?, Almost 1000 euro for a fucking dial on a Chinese watch ??)

So I started doing research, comparisons, and I started a cheap build, the first here on the forum on this watch that will include:

-116520 "V2" (or you can call as you like)
- gen crystal gasket
- BP 116520 dial Black CL
- ARF bezel (little shaved)

I've all parts in my hand except the dial that I've reveiced the tracking two days ago.

Here some pics :)

XbHexWf.jpg

QmdtUfF.jpg

FPHYIko.jpg

m9zDq86.jpg

rVRyXiQ.jpg

UBZlNDD.jpg

oOpFgY8.jpg

bkAFr5u.jpg

yF13jmY.jpg

EQrMLA2.jpg

PWBtu4K.jpg

mK19zem.jpg

41FYTV7.jpg

99q4cRY.jpg

IZTo76D.jpg

yieIz1o.jpg

S5AMzzT.jpg

iAOs9nt.jpg

lPmznAY.jpg

LGjXRab.jpg

lVUr7c6.jpg

oF7pryy.jpg

b9Y6DUR.jpg

VkxcwAa.jpg

dif6SAG.jpg

2aPVfrR.jpg

MJUc0iM.jpg

AxROHH3.jpg
ARF is the best...noob is orrible!!!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks, I really enjoyed this review and agree with alot of it. I think you really found the right words when you wrote: "So the Noob SA4130 summary is a watch that has focused everything on the costs of realization and development of the movement, leaving all the rest of the watch and hyper-economic levels, especially in the finishing and in the QC." That said, I would still buy the Noob just for the movement: $600 for a 95% replica of a $5000 movement still makes sense. Maybe once Noob recoups its investment in R&D and machining, they will start to focus on the secondary cosmetic features that you so throughly dissect as problematic.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Let me see your ARF doing this:
6nr9U.jpg

Or this:
7a5a3464b6fc3a6b35ac36376ac32ddc.jpg
Some people prefer to play with the chronograph or wear the watch upside down to admire the movement (and have a Daytona that is closer to a Narika's Daytona than a gen) and who prefers to have a watch (ARF) that OTB is closer to the gen.
Someone in another thread wrote that Noob can not be distinguished from the gen on the wrist.....Oh yes, maybe from three meters of distance, like Narika's Daytona.

By the way, those who are satisfied, enjoy.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
The Rolex Cosmograph Daytona is a mechanical, self-winding chronograph. It has been manufactured by Rolex since 1963 :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex_Daytona

What is the purpose of the ARF Dayto ?

Same purpose as HYT replica like this one:
hty-dlc-cyf-white-dial-black-crown-on-black-rubber-strap-asian-movement-like-to-hty-cal101.jpg

You spend $400+ on ARF watch just to look good on the wrist, but it doesn't work. I wonder why the factory "fakes" the movement with the deco plates, once you run the chronograph everyone knows what it is. That's why us, Noob Daytona owners can live with "not perfect" SEL, bracelet, clasp and other minuscule imperfections - we can run the chronograph and open the caseback to show the movement. On the other hand you need to convince yourself why you've spent good chunk of money on a fake instead of investing in fully functioning chronograph.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:hehehe:

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Some people prefer to play with the chronograph or wear the watch upside down to admire the movement (and have a Daytona that is closer to a Narika's Daytona than a gen) and who prefers to have a watch (ARF) that OTB is closer to the gen.
Someone in another thread wrote that Noob can not be distinguished from the gen on the wrist.....Oh yes, maybe from three meters of distance, like Narika's Daytona.

By the way, those who are satisfied, enjoy.

Distinguish this:
6TVQh.jpg

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Oh yes, easy with bezel, dial and crystal gen. Put the same photo of the Noob Otb and then we'll talk about it.

Yeah, I got six more like it from the same Noob maker and I can race chronographs next to any GEN all day long. Install all those GEN parts on your ARF but once you'd hit that top pusher the genuine feel will be Gone in Sixty Seconds.

original.gif