• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Since my local watch modder isn't able to install a watch crystal onto an ARF 116610LN am going to have to have a go myself.

Does anyone have a link as to how to remove the bezel from the watch and also is the crystal attached the bezel or is it pressed into the watch .

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Reactions: sniffti

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
thanks for sharing photo review, that was helpful. so based on some reading that I've been doing, the rep is so good that if put next to gen on the table, most of gen owners won't be able to tell a difference between the two?

also what are some of the things to watch out for during QC?

The only people who can tell is us. 99.9% of the population will not be able to tell. Hint: the dial markers, deep insert engraving, and almost flush crown to the case ....are instant tells for me

Last edited:
Reactions: MrOptional

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hi guys,is this thread for hulk or only for black version submariner? Tnx

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So from what I understand from the two ARF 116610 2824 and 3135 threads, the ARF A2824 is far superior than the SH3135 as NWBIG. It was repeated stated that the A2824 had the better dial, datewheel, bezel, and case. The only caveat was the ETA movement. But I have the SH3135 and you could tell it is a rep if you started playing with the crown. It turns rough and the datewheel mechanism is always broken. The ETA is also a positive in terms of reliability. So shouldn't the A2824 should be considered NWBIG on the Consensual List if the SH3135 is?

The crown height is an instant tell to me...the crown on a 2824 sits lower vs 3135...almost flush. If you see it once...you can never unsee it again. Everyone has their tells as I had just mentioned mine. Some people say you really have to look...but once you see it...that's what you look at right away...Here's an example picture of what I mean about almost flush crown height...

Last edited:
Reactions: watchboi

MrOptional

8/10/18
The crown height is an instant tell to me...the crown on a 2824 sits lower vs 3135...almost flush. If you see it once...you can never unsee it again. Everyone has their tells as I had just mentioned mine. Some people say you really have to look...but once you see it...that's what you look at right away...Here's an example picture of what I mean about almost flush crown height...

thank you this is helpful. do you consider any rolex rep a super rep, now that i know of the tells with submariner...

MrOptional

8/10/18
Vvvlllooo
do you by any chance also own 116500 daytona? I am trying to decide between sub and daytona. I know that they are very different, and i kind of like both. do you have an insight about which is a better made rep, ARF Sub or ARF/Noob 116500?

I like ARF Sub because looks like the flaws are minor, and like how the sub looks for it's simplicity. Daytona looks more complicated, and more stuff going on... but from what I am reading its more comfortable to wear. So trying to decide between the two, comparing rep to rep obviously.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo
do you by any chance also own 116500 daytona? I am trying to decide between sub and daytona. I know that they are very different, and i kind of like both. do you have an insight about which is a better made rep, ARF Sub or ARF/Noob 116500?

I like ARF Sub because looks like the flaws are minor, and like how the sub looks for it's simplicity. Daytona looks more complicated, and more stuff going on... but from what I am reading its more comfortable to wear. So trying to decide between the two, comparing rep to rep obviously.

I had an ARF Daytona...it was a very nice rep. Dead pushers as it’s made this way to keep the accurate profile ....I had other chrono watches I could use to time if I needed that function. Pros: great quality, insert and dial was the best, wore comfortable as it sat very low on the wrist. Cons: heavy rotor noise, had to silence it, rotor was basically glued on and so the watch accuracy was terrible ...don’t have experience with the noob but I heard the movement is worth its weight in gold

sub vs Daytona .... sub all day long. They both have their differences in looks and feel on the wrist. Sub goes with anything you wear, most versatile, dressing up or down. Much easier to have it waterproofed, the Daytona will have more chances to leak through the pushers. Another big tell for me is when guys take off their watches to swim in a pool, most reps will leak through the crystal or fail even though they say it was tested. No matter the movement of the sub the time is very accurate. It is important to me because we buy them to read the right time. The sub dial glows in the dark vs very low lit markers on Daytona. The sub felt better on my wrist, I’m 5’6”, 7” wrist and feel the sub is sturdier on my wrist or feel something is there. My sub can take a beating...when I wore my Daytona...i was very careful not to damage it. All in all I enjoy my sub. Hope that helps.

Reactions: KJ2020

MrOptional

8/10/18
Vvvlllooo
this really helps. all points are valid, and totally make sense. it is true that Sub is definitely more versatile. I can imagine wearing Sub with a sweater, or a t-shirt, or even to the beach. But I can't imagine wearing daytona with a t-shirt. Daytona definitely more like a watch one would wear to work. I am not so concerned about waterproofing, I don't swim with my watch on the wrist, even gens. My father had gen cartier tank and swam with it once, in the pool, no diving, and the water leaked. Cartier AD charged a hefty amount to disassemble the watch, dry parts, put them back together, or whatever else they needed to be done. Since then I would never go swimming wearing an expensive gen, let alone rep.
Have you tried wearing gen? does rep feel the same on the wrist? I am thinking of going to AD and trying on sub and daytona in Gen, and see if Sub is better for me before I splurge on a rep :)
Thats what I did before buying AP15400. Instantly fell in love with the watch at AD, emailed my TD the same day...

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
You can remove deco plate on daytona arf and put another havier 7750 rotor and you are good to go,no noisy rotor and power reserve is amazing but yeah when you wear it every day you wear it careful to not damage it..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo
this really helps. all points are valid, and totally make sense. it is true that Sub is definitely more versatile. I can imagine wearing Sub with a sweater, or a t-shirt, or even to the beach. But I can't imagine wearing daytona with a t-shirt. Daytona definitely more like a watch one would wear to work. I am not so concerned about waterproofing, I don't swim with my watch on the wrist, even gens. My father had gen cartier tank and swam with it once, in the pool, no diving, and the water leaked. Cartier AD charged a hefty amount to disassemble the watch, dry parts, put them back together, or whatever else they needed to be done. Since then I would never go swimming wearing an expensive gen, let alone rep.
Have you tried wearing gen? does rep feel the same on the wrist? I am thinking of going to AD and trying on sub and daytona in Gen, and see if Sub is better for me before I splurge on a rep :)
Thats what I did before buying AP15400. Instantly fell in love with the watch at AD, emailed my TD the same day...

Yes. You may not be able to try on gen at this time because sport models are on fire at TD. In this picture, one is gen one is franken, can you guess?

84DC34E9-0DC9-4E05-AF7F-D454AFFD7AA33da6f59608490cd7.jpg

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Nice rep though. Forgot to mention that.

What are the parts on that franken?

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nice rep though. Forgot to mention that.

What are the parts on that franken?

Thanks brother! Left is Gen..correct. Hulk is the first batch v9..SEL's are gen spec, just the picture. If I lay them next to each other..very very hard to tell the difference. Water resistant to over 100m

Franken v9.1 case and bracelet..with yuki sh3135 for the heart
gen items: dial, insert and bezel assembly, crystal, and DW

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Awesome.

I could have sworn the pearl looks too sunken on the hulk insert. Must be the picture then. The lighting also makes the hulk xtal look less AR.